Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

ArchAngel

Arcane
If they were smart they would have done real 'enhancements' like dding WNN2 spells, skills, feats, and classes, throw in more paryt control. And, you know actually make a campaign themselves to sell since that is basically a good part of NWN but no... they give all this shit.

FUKK THAT BULLSHITZ.
They cannot add stuff from NWN2 when that game is owned by someone else and done in a completely different engine. This is not like BG1 and BG2

Stokowski

Arcane
Beamdog is really becoming the greatest RPG maker of all time.

wonKD4W.gif

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

I don't talk about shiny ultra HD graphic... but at least have models that don't looks like a series of rocks painted and stick with glue.... And have a slightly better textures..

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady

Cael

Arcane
... They are SELLING portrait packs??? What. The. Hell??? NWN has FREE portrait packs out the wazoo for just about anything you have a fetish for!

Dear Lord, my cash grab senses just exploded from the overdrive...!

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Lilura whats your opinion on this EE? Do you expect we will be able to log onto PWs with it?

See sig and comments after post. Twitch stream confirmed master authentication server with secure PW account.

Mazisky

Magister
Damn, early 3d ('98-2004) was the worst graphical peak ever reached in pc gaming history.

2d games aged better.

Also, the game had dull and flat graphic for the time already

Unwanted

Musaab

Unwanted
luj1 yes, this means we will be able to log into PWs...but they also mentioned that the EE won't be able to play on the same server as non-EE. I'm pretty sure I heard that during the stream. So...we're all just gonna have to pick ourselves up a beautiful copy of that ENHANCED EDITION.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Damn, early 3d ('98-2004) was the worst graphical peak ever reached in pc gaming history.

2d games aged better.

Also, the game had dull and flat graphic for the time already

Mostly true, but I think it's passable. I play zoomed out most of the time, anyway. Anims and spell effects are quite nice, too, though the latter are sometimes a bit over-the-top in that you can't see what's going on. In time, maybe that can be addressed with the graphics engine rewrite.

Last edited:

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
If by a miniscule, tiny chance someone will come on and make a module as good as The Prophet or Swordflight series because of the this atrocity then it will be worth it.

Only. Then. Spoiler:
Nobody will.

Beamdog fuckbuckets are either way ridiculous and should be purged.

Mazisky

Magister
Problem is that you can't just make hd textures and higher res.
Low poly models from 2004 cannot be restored in any way, they just look out of time.

NWN 2 is more doable in this regard

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
What the fuck are you and others on about, what the hell is this fucking decline? Graphics are the least of NWNs problems for fucks sake. I can't stand this. Go and play Skyrim or some other shiny shit.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Problem is that you can't just make hd textures and higher res.
Low poly models from 2004 cannot be restored in any way, they just look out of time.

NWN 2 is more doable in this regard

Project Q proves you wrong already. Also, it is much easier to remodel and reskin than it is to fix NWN2's shitty anims.

Mazisky

Magister
What the fuck are you and others on about, what the hell is this fucking decline? Graphics are the least of NWNs problems for fucks sake. I can't stand this. Go and play Skyrim or some other shiny shit.

My issue is not graphic per se, we are talking about a remaster we pay for, who is supposed to make an old game pleasant for modern times.
It is a total different argument you edgy clone

Mazisky

Magister
Damn, early 3d ('98
Wait what? Not to be nitpicky, 98 3D games might have aged much worse than most 2D games but we already had stuff like Thief and Half Life which aged quite well, 98 is far from being what's considered early 3D.

Try playing Betrayal at Krondor again and enjoying that garbage 3D overworld though, early 90s is the real stuff from the nightmares

True.
But Nwm is in that side of those aged badly.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
My issue is not graphic per se, we are talking about a remaster we pay for, who is supposed to make an old game pleasant for modern times.
You need moduhrn graphics for a game to be pleasant these days? What the fuck are you? Is this the 'Dex? NWNs graphics are perfectly serviceable as they are now, and this remake is a fucking cashgrab and nothing more, you looking for a justification for it, or, oh my sides, for paying for it are laughable. Just GTFO.

Cael

Arcane
What amazes me is how as of late they can't seem to make these games sound as good as the old stuff, I mean what's the excuse for a game to SOUND worse than a mid 90s title

And when it's not a matter of fucking up with horrible new music it's a matter of retarded decisions, NWN is also a prime example of this. I used to love the main theme, it had such a mysterious atmosphere to it, paired with the black background and the eye-thing that is the logo. Creating a character was probably the best part of NWN OC because of the atmospheric music playing while you make your choices

Then they replaced it with this for the Diamond edition

Ruined the atmosphere totally.

Check this for another recent :prosper: example

That crap was already there for the Platinum edition.

Mazisky

Magister
You need moduhrn graphics for a game to be pleasant these days? What the fuck are you? Is this the 'Dex? NWNs graphics are perfectly serviceable as they are now, and this remake is a fucking cashgrab and nothing more, you looking for a justification for it, or, oh my sides, for paying for it are laughable. Just GTFO.

You edgy nostalgia nerds are all the same and all singing the same stuff like bots, over and over, whitout even adding some personal touch:

-Attacking who talk about graphics? Check

-Edgy spelling? Check

-Complaining about Codex decline? Check

-Attacking a non indie Dev? Check

LeL, is there a "edgy manual for random codex user" you all read or what? Do you have a personality? :)

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
We're onto the OST now (and NWN still has one of the best ever). I bet most of you "critics" have only played NWN OC. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom