Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What faggots you all are. :lol:
Hahahaha you are loosing your mind love,you are in urgent need of a nice fuck :lol:. It is fun to throw shit at that manure pile called Beamdog and their "Enchants",but you are going bad shit insane. Still it is fun to watch.

If her blog is anything to go by, she’s got a closet full of classic sex toys that are fully modded and optimized. Flesh and blood dicks are notoriously variable in quality and often plagued by serious performance issues. If you don’t use the G-spot Rabbit (with community patch, of course), you’re a scrub.

NWN sold very well and NWN:EE will do well if it looks like they gave it a facelift. A lot of people here didn't like NWN but a lot of people did. It'll easily out sell PS:T ee

It didn’t sell that well for a BioWare game, not compared to either Baldur’s Gate or KOTOR, or anything that came after. Presumably the NWN license cost Beamdog a lot more than PS:T, too.

Here’s the thing: shouldn’t people who love love love NWN be more eager for Beamdog to do something with it beyond fixing compatibility issues and slapping on a new coat of paint? Because if it’s great as is, there’s no merit in making an EE in the first

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
And their EE that brings absolutely nothing to the table for people like me won't bring them any money at all. I'd actually buy the EE if it did what Infinitron and anyone else who proposed that functionality suggested. As of right now, the EE did absolutely zero I care about or think is worth one penny.

That's the thing, many people have your opinion and that's not good for Beamdog's pockets. They offer absolutely nothing with this EE and they really haven't fostered any goodwill lately. They care only about the money (and working as little as possible), so I'm giving them a very lucrative business idea that I think is the only thing they'll listen to and is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Yes, it will be great if they add a direct interface with the NWVault, but it's not a realistic possibility given their track record. No worthwhile enhancements are. I was just going to say that their audience for this EE is very limited, but I checked the Steamspy statistics of the PS:T EE and I'm honestly shocked that 100k people have bought it, especially after the SoD fiasco. I don't know what to think of that.

FPC would not cause me to spend a dime, especially with combat as boring as it is in NWN.

What is going to happen is they release the EE with only MP fixes and some upgrades that make the graphics go from shitty to slightly less so. I will not pay money for this, and when they release a new campaign for it I will pirate the base EE that will be required for the new campaign. Campaign is new content and is worth money. I pay for things. I am not going to enrich the Enron/Bernie Madoff of developers by buying an enhanced edition that enhances nothing. I have bought NWN 3 times at least already. The box, the Direct2drive version (I think, I know I had NWN 2 on there and had an online version of NWN from somewhere when the second expansion came out), and I have the Diamond edition on GoG.

I'll pay money for a product that I get something out of. I am 100% against pirating, but I'm not spending $20 for an enhanced version that enhances nothing of a game I already bought a bunch of times just to have the privilege of buying actual new content that is worth money because actual work went into the creation of new content.

They are going to make a new campaign for it, right? Like the spear whatever they did for BG?

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
NWN community ... They've already created so much.

Most of it's shit, tho. And this coming from someone who has every reason to say the opposite.

NWN was a mistake.

Agreed. -TB, -FPC, -2d isometric = fail.

As for community: bunch of twaddlers and dabblers, as a rule. 16 years and no TB, no FPC, and only a handful of great mods.

Also, Codex > Lilura's blog.

No argument here; lurked on the 'Dex since its inception.

Here you're allowed to excrete your worthless opinion about the dumbass games that you like as much as you want without getting banned.

tbqh, Codex could do with a purge.

But then...

We also have way more views, like, way more views.

... Yeah.

d1nolore

Savant
Here’s the thing: shouldn’t people who love love love NWN be more eager for Beamdog to do something with it beyond fixing compatibility issues and slapping on a new coat of paint? Because if it’s great as is, there’s no merit in making an EE in the first

Absolutely. I've already gone through some of these ideas: Graphics facelift is a nice idea and great for marketing the game. As mentioned above a in game module listing with auto download. Reinstating the multiplayer listings and adding auto hak downloading is huge for the persistent worlds. There's a range of things the community wants if you check the trello board. Simple scripting functions added can make a big difference for example the addition of SetName() and SetDescription() in the past added a lot of new possibilities; writing books/notes in game, dynamically creating items and objects in game which adds a lot of flavour for example, DMs were able to create specific character based loot in game for quest rewards rather than having to make generic things in the toolset beforehand. So don't underestimate the power of small scripting additions.

d1nolore

Savant
Of course the community hasn't made any FPC or TB stuff for NWN. 1) there's not a strong desire 2) most importantly this is not possible without source code, unless you want a Frankenstein system(for TB at least). But Lilura wouldn't know that because she doesn't know what the fuck she's talking about.

And saying most NWN community content is shit is also a stupid statement, of course Theresa lot of crap content because anyone can submit content. Unlike Lilura's Hitler blog where only state sanctioned comments are allowed, under penalty of throwing a spaz.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Of course the community hasn't made any FPC or TB stuff for NWN. 1) there's not a strong desire

How do you know this? Is there a statistic somewhere that says that? Or are you making wild guesses with anecdotal hearsay?

d1nolore

Savant
Of course the community hasn't made any FPC or TB stuff for NWN. 1) there's not a strong desire

How do you know this? Is there a statistic somewhere that says that? Or are you making wild guesses with anecdotal hearsay?

TB system is possible, it doesn't exist because no one wants it. I've been around NWN a long time, communities, bioware boards, etc, and only time I've heard about FPC is people complaining that NWN sucks. And who cares about those people?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't know how he imagines it, but you can be a couple of varieties of dragon, without counting the RDD.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Dragons are so weak in NWN. Illithid and Beholders, too.

NWN disgusted the IE player-base in myriad ways.

Lhynn

Arcane
Nwn is about the pnp experience on the computer.
Thats the reason it pushes player made content, a single character, a fairly faithful adaptation of the rules, multiplayer, etc.

And it does it better than any other game ever made, and its the reason we are talking about it in 2018.

Yes turn based and FPC would maybe have been better if it was purely single player, if it was built from the ground up to be that, but we already got that game, its called ToEE, and very few people gave a flying fuck about it. So if you want to play a FPC turn based game with the possibility of having player made content, then go buy a copy of ToEE and fuck off, youll have tons of fun there.

Dragons are so weak in NWN. Illithid and Beholders, too.
Edit the monsters if you are not happy with them. Unless you think the only true way of playing NWN is the OC :lol:.
Plenty of player made modules bring dragons up to their actual power.

d1nolore

Savant
Plenty of player made modules bring dragons up to their actual power.

Can you name one?

I know you won't care. But: World of Haven back in the day, early 2000's when I played there had a dragon quest we would go on. With a party of 5-8 level14-17 we would go and have epic battles with the dragon. We would routinely all die. You'd have the 250hp dwarf barbarian fighting toe to toe while the healing cleric would try to time heal spells to save him while everyone else would be running around doing their thing. Now if that Dwarf dropped you better watch out because that dragon was angry and it was coming! It was epic fun.

Now I admit the dragons in BG2 were better and a epic fun battle with party members skidding across the room. But with the multiplayer element and chaos of no pause I remember both these experiences very fondly.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
712 player-made modules listed by me in Core and faggots can't cite Jack.

This is a fucking dragon battle:

firkraag.jpg

A NWN dragon "battle", just fire arrows from point blank:

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I am the foremost commentator on NWN. I don't need a faggot telling me what dragons have. Flight is for show. Wing buffet is standard in BG2.

Fact is, there are no player-made modules that offer dragon, illithid, beholder, lich etc. battles on par with base BG2, let alone SCS.

NWN "tactics" are a laughing stock. Low lvl ToEE is more epic than "epic" NWN.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
A dragon you have to fight in NWN has to be able to be defeated by a single character so of course it can never hold up to a dragon that has to hold up against a party of 4-6. :M

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Go and play multi-player OC and watch dragon fall like a butterfly.

But yeah, FPC rules is my point, too. ReadThread.

d1nolore

Savant
I am the foremost commentator on NWN. I don't need a faggot telling me what dragons have. Flight is for show. Wing buffet is standard in BG2.

Again you show your arse. Flying is an effect which you can add more effects onto including spell effects. For example I could make a condition that if you're x distance away from the dragon it fly's/jumps towards you. On landing the screen shakes you make a strength check or are knocked down for x rounds(iron horn style) then the dragon uses flame breath.

" the foremost commentator on NWN" -- yeah, sure... :smug:

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom