Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Zeriel

Arcane
The wizard is the only class with meaningful control. And by "meaningful control" I mean "stun targets until they are dead". Their damage is a little low, though, which makes them feel a little weak in PVE while being absurd in PVP.

J1M

Arcane
goddamn lag is unbearable in certain instances. I cannot complete stupid wolf den dungeon, everything happens with at least 1ms delay. And that final boss requires timing from you. Goddamnit.
I don't think you know what a millisecond is.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bros, this question may have appeared before, but where do I buy Identify scrolls in this game? And I don't mean for real money...

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
It would be nice if they did particle effects the same way as Champions Online and allowed us to customize those.

Zeriel

Arcane
Yeah, the servers are pretty bad is my guess.

I consistently have a 120-160 ping. Word is the servers are in California. I'm in Seattle, and League of Legends has similar location (California servers in addition to Seattle ones), and my ping on League of Legends is usually in the 20-59 range. So either Neverwinter's servers are much further away than people think (i.e middle of the country), or they're overloaded.

Mezebriel

Novice
EDIT: Cleric players, unless you like being chased by every goddamn enemy on the map, spend some feats into threat reducing of your healing skills. Even with taunt I cannot pull agro, which means clerics die.

Only if that cleric stands still or do not have any def gear. Clerics were made quite durable in this game. Just their armor has high AC compared to other classes (and each point of ac increases dmg reduction by 0,5%) and their 1st aoe can reliably knockback everything except bosses.

What i noticed so far that feats are completly unintuitive for clerics (as i've only played it) which makes it hard to make decisions of what to take. Example might be cleanse feat which gives 10%/point chance to cleanese on heal. After taking it it turned out it works on every heal, proc. from crit and seal debuff as well, not only direct heals like these from encounters and daily powers as it could be assumed. It actualy makes that +ap on heal talent quite usefull.

Gerrard

Arcane
RSHW1mJ.jpg

:retarded:
Hope you got 10bux

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
How much is the stat increase? Since with these things I do recommend going by the experience with this exact same system in Champions. See, due to there probably being the same old Cryptic diminishing returns for stats, it might actually be that you'd be paying through your nose for a marginal or completely non-existent increase. With the example from Champions, due to the way stat-scaling for your powers worked the benefits for creating gear with cores and mods beyond T5 quality is a futile effort.

Gerrard

Arcane
How much is the stat increase? Since with these things I do recommend going by the experience with this exact same system in Champions. See, due to there probably being the same old Cryptic diminishing returns for stats, it might actually be that you'd be paying through your nose for a marginal or completely non-existent increase. With the example from Champions, due to the way stat-scaling for your powers worked the benefits for creating gear with cores and mods beyond T5 quality is a futile effort.

From a thread on le reddit
Armor/Weapon Enchantments are for specific slots in your weapon/chest and grant special effects. They come in shards and have a chance to drop from Epic Dungeon bosses. You must combine 4 shards to create a Lesser version of the Enchantment. However, the success chance of fusion is at a staggeringly low 1%. To compensate, they have very strong effects. An example would be the Thunderhead Enchantment. However, the real kicker here is that these "Lesser" versions may be fused again to gain a stronger version. Those may also be fused again to create the strongest version. Ultimately, the Greater Thunderhead Enchantment will have a 30% on crit to damage and stun foes. To create the strongest Enchantment possible, it will cost 640 dollars and 256 shards. Unlike companions, these can be used in PvP.

[–]Barfhelmet [score hidden]26 minutes ago

The offensive enchants are incredibly strong and can be used in PvP. You can pay the money to win or wait 21 weeks to get a single greater enchant. I've seen the power of the tenebrous in action. A rogue with plaguefire weapon chant and 5 normal tenerbrous can kill people with just his knife throw.

Vaarna_Aarne

Damn, that's p. :keepmyjewgold: However...

It bears mention that it IS a 60 second cooldown on those things, and apparently the only thing that increases with ranking up enhancements is the proc chance (cd remains unchanged). In PvE, that 60 sec cooldown will leave you with just a warm feeling of being loaded, and then with a growing profound sadness about how badly Cryptic swindled you. In PvP (not that I give two shits about any PvP, it's always shit by definition) it boils down to two factors: 1) Do you die before it even has the courtesy of proccing, or 2) whether or not you manage to win with just that proc. As for the rest of the stat based stuff, so far my experience seems to be that the game is even MORE stingy with stat->effect returns than CO is. One thing to check out is how Coalescent Wards sell on the AH, as they can drop from the Celestial boxes, so you can probably have a good idea about their value/drop rate by seeing how they stack up against their converted Zen value.

But yea, p. :keepmyjewgold:

Zeriel

Arcane
Wow, the Foundry is the most censored piece of garbage I've ever seen. I mean, yeah, I understand they don't want people to make filthy and obscene things in a PG-13 game, but filtering things like 'idiot'? Really? No wonder the entire game's plot reads like unbelievable, sanitized nonsense. They're literally not allowed to write dialogue in a believable way.

Vaarna_Aarne

Such knaves and buffoons.

EDIT: This just in. Apparently, in terms of power levels:

Duergar on a Howler >>>>>>>>>>>> Primordial fire elemental general

Zetor

Arcane
Wow, the Foundry is the most censored piece of garbage I've ever seen. I mean, yeah, I understand they don't want people to make filthy and obscene things in a PG-13 game, but filtering things like 'idiot'? Really? No wonder the entire game's plot reads like unbelievable, sanitized nonsense. They're literally not allowed to write dialogue in a believable way.
Try using either of the following two sentences:
"He was the greatest hero in all of Neverwinter."
"That sword costs 55 copper coins."
/trollface.jpg

Zeriel

Arcane
/trollface.jpg

Seriously, what's going on with the profanity system? I have seen it conjure up objective phrases that aren't even in blocks of dialogue. Like, I look at it word by word, nope, the quoted text is nowhere in there.

Vaarna_Aarne

/trollface.jpg

Seriously, what's going on with the profanity system? I have seen it conjure up objective phrases that aren't even in blocks of dialogue. Like, I look at it word by word, nope, the quoted text is nowhere in there.
People who make those filters are probably just as strange as the people who absolutely want to use profanity filters.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I don't remember Vaarna paying for premium services, or at least writing about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom