Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The thing they're shit at is taking care of anything that isn't critical, like dealing with bug reports or the like. When it comes to stuff like this, they actually do their job.

Shannow

Waster of Time
So, seems I'm playing the worst class:
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...t-class-(both-PVP-and-PVE-taken-into-account)
And the only build that's considered at last passibly good... Is not one I'm using ;) (Though that seems mostly for PVP and I'm focussing on PVE. Also I might change to Intimidation once I do the respec.)
All I can say is that atm I feel like my survivability is quite good, though it gets dangerous when it's laggy and brainfart overblown graphics effects explode my vision, cause then I don't know when to activate Unstoppable/ where to run to evade dangerous impacts. My dmg is meh, though my GS is still pitiful (slightly under 12k). Situations where I really get to hit more than 2 mobs at once are pretty rare and Wicked Strike is far less fun gameplay wise than Sure Strike. So I'm still not running with a multiple target-hitter-build...
I'm still waiting for "Marked" to get nerfed. Currently the only reason I manage to kill stuff is marked. It really gives 25%+ additional dmg. Only, if they nerf it, I'll probably rage-quit cause I won't be able to kill anything anymore... :(

Bliblablubb

Arcane
GWF is shit in PvE/PvP.
low survaviblity
too many stacks and still low dmg
lack of proper dodge mechanic
class ability requires you to take 30% hp in order to activate its half effectivnes and last only few seconds
no utility
almost no CC
:what:
I stopped reading there.
Did something happen while I was asleep? My GWF is virtually UNKILLABLE in normal PvE content (elite doesn't count, everybody dies there). It's also the most lag-resistent char I ever played. Just press tab and don't give a fuck anymore. And I am not even an IV.
Sounds to like a bunch of whiners who cannot accept that other classes deal more dmg than them in PvP.
Pommel-in-your-face is all the CC you need... seriously.
But the only other class I am currently playing is HR, so I don't have many options to compare his performance.

Edit: I read further and.... excuse me while I am going to cry a little, being an underpowered wrongly skilled holder of the red lantern now. :(

Last edited:

Shannow

Waster of Time
BTW, what does CC mean? Control?

Things I can die from:
Fighting dragons with less than 3 other players.
Getting kicked off ledges.
Epic bosses special attacks while too much else is going on...

So at least so far, survivability in PVE is extremely good. That's one point I don't get.
The "proper dodge" is another one *shrug*

Seems many mmos have issues with devs nerfing/buffing classes/skills/builds-of-the-month too strongly instead of going small steps *again shrug*
It's like they never talked to Sawyer about balance. :troll:

eklektyk

Erudite
well i dont get all that whine of "too baaaaaaad" gwf's too ...

dragons can kill anybody if u stand in telegraphed red circle like a proper tomato ... so i dont know about them but im avoiding those :)

as for ur char : what gear/enchants/stats are u using??? i have many farms gwf and those have basic dr set some lvl6 enchants and 1 or 2 arts [one lantern and other gwf/cleric stuff - that thanks to recent event i bumped to blue status] and all of them have 11k/12k gs and can sleep thru all shitty filler combat easily and do dailies without much thought on autopilot ...

so i dont really get that cries about this being shitty class ....my wizords need to pay attention on boss fights not to wipe cos of low hp and def but gwf with stacked armorpen/crit simply goes thru all like hot knife on butter

editty: maaaan so many typosandmissspelled words it was embarasing :)

ans warlock rock so hard it aint even funny :)

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
BTW, what does CC mean? Control?
CC means Crowd Control, abiliities to stun, freeze, root or whatever keeps them where you want them.

That's one point I don't get.
The "proper dodge" is another one *shrug*
The GWF's sprint is still horrible rubberbanding most of the times, making it less than reliable if you need it most.

Also: my main reason for dying as GWF is usual acid. Fuck acid dmg bypassing every defense. :argh:

Shannow

Waster of Time
For me it never rubberbanded in a fight so far. Though there's been some lag once in a while (35 goons unleashing dailies at a dragon, for example ;) )
It helps that there's a difference between standing still in the middle of a red circle and moving at the edge while it goes off.

But my internet-connection is pretty good.

Vaarna_Aarne

Poll started last January as well, so that's extra shit since it doesn't account for a lot of recent changes (unless votes have been reset periodically). However, IIRC by last January GWF was already the king of class hill by that point. Not to mention for a long, long, looooong time Guardian Fighter, Rogue, and Cleric had to deal with worse shit than GWF during beta. If it has been reset at times, this means it's entirely GWFs whining about not being able to perma prone-chain in PvP anymore.

GWF is still the best class due to being universally good at just about everything while also having the sole access to "like I give a fuck" facetanking.

Warlock having 25 votes is also top kek, it's definately among the higher end of classes. At least third most durable class, and deals big AoE damage too.

Wild Slop

Arcane
My sentiments as well.

Very quick return on those supplies Shannow, very efficient.

My new video card is coming in later today and now I am dreading that I overlooked the fact that I have an older processor (hey, I still consider it a-ok) and that bottlenecking might be a problem. Fingers crossed.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Truth is though, my GWF isn't really a top dmg dealer. I already get wet pants when I see adorable battle strike dealing some 25k crit, but when I read about those CW's dealing 200k dmg or even DC in the 6 digit range... I am not a happy panda anymore.

Norfleet

Warlock having 25 votes is also top kek, it's definately among the higher end of classes. At least third most durable class, and deals big AoE damage too.
Well, apparently, it gets those votes because it flops hard in PvP. The rating it was given gave it quite high marks in PvE...miserable ones in PvP. So what you up to, Vaarna?

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, apparently, it gets those votes because it flops hard in PvP. The rating it was given gave it quite high marks in PvE...miserable ones in PvP. So what you up to, Vaarna?
Doing my NW dailies, then going over to STO to play dress up with Romulans.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Totally forgot:
It's like they never talked to Sawyer about balance. :troll:

If they did THAT, all enemies would gain 90% dmg resistance against ALL dmg types, while weapons can get an "armor piercing upgrade" for 500 cybershekelz that will only bypass 10% of the resistance because of a slight miscommunication. Mages would be worthless, since nobody bothered to add AP for their spells. Additionally a "cowboy barbarian club" will be introduced, that deals so much dmg to make all resistances irrelevant. If you heavily invest into two feats you will NEVER use it will even deal 25% extra dmg!
We want you to play this game any way you like, but... go cowboy barbarian or go home! One patch later EVERY weapon and enemy stat will be completely rerolled as if nobody ever playtested it before.
No, it's actually pretty good they didn't.

:troll:

Last edited:

Shannow

Waster of Time
Haters gonna hate.
:troll: Why is this the emoticon I use most? Don't answer that.

Anyway: I suddenly fulfilled Elminster's quest? I was still 10 dragon coffers short, but now I log on and I can turn in the quest. I'm not complaining, mind you. I'd been running in Well of Dragons a lot, but the drop rate for coffers was abysmal...

Vaarna_Aarne

• Reclaiming the Hoard: The drop rate for the coffers has increased as well as the total amount required to complete the quest has been reduced to 14 from 25.

This week's patch dealt with a lot of the issues present atm.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Yeah, I've also noticed the increased drop rate. (3 in under an hour. Previously it was perhaps 1 per hour.)
Somebody also mentioned that the coffers would be used in exchange for Linu's favour. So perhaps it's wise to hoard them (pun definately intended) instead of turning them in for the quest?

Wild Slop

Arcane
I am going to use them for the 2 characters I am active in to make the worth while weekly and since the drop rate is up they won't be as hard to replace. But yeah all the while hoarding what I can.

*I realize now the Mother Snap is only 1 day away from arrival so it is best to hold on. I'm glad I spend them for my Warlock for last week; what I did with the GF this morning, not so much.

Package delayed. The You- Know-Who must have had an agent in [redacted] working against me.

Last edited:

Shannow

Waster of Time
Hmm, I realize this might not be the best of times for it with Tiamat and all:
I aquired a key to Malabog's Castle. I assume this might not be such a great experience with a PUG, especially since it cost my broke self so much. Any chance of you guys teaming up with me for it? Preferably next monday? (I never know when or how much time I have on weekends.)

EDIT:
I also now have 99 Draconic Enchantments Rank 4. I don't know what to do with them. My storage space is really getting limited.
I either use some up to make some Rank 5 to substitute my Rank 5 Brutals/Savages. But those would only be incremental upgrades (if at all) and it'd again cost AD for the damn Marks.
Or I keep them in stash for a time when I finally need refinement again.
Or I sell them on AH for sweet moneys. (This is currently my favorite option, but I'd like to hear your advice first.)

Last edited:

Wild Slop

Arcane
Be very careful making lower rank items like rank 5 enchants as all the supplies/total costs that go into them can far exceed the value of the item itself. This is a costly pain I know all too well.
Check the rank 5 enchant or whatever interests you and compare that to a single [blue] mark of potency at auction for example (actually I don't know off hand what a blue mark is off hand, it may not be that high) . Ask around and someone might be able to throw a few enchants your way. Are Brutal and Savage your preferred enchants? What other ones are you shooting for?

As far a grouping ,yeah , put out the call and you might even get some people who play Star Trek to come over as the chat is linked between games (you've probably already seen this).

When it comes to Malabog I have yet to make it through that one. I had only really attempted when it was new and it kick my ass each time that I decided to come back when much stronger... enough time has now passed that it hadn't really even crossed my mind anymore. Its always nice to have Katz along for these things so if we can get him that would be nice.

...and the others too of course.

One more thing is you can mail yourself items and store them there in post as a storage method, you can only do so much and run the risk of an accidental delete if careless but it really comes in handy in a pinch.

Last edited:

Shannow

Waster of Time
I also now have 99 Draconic Enchantments Rank 4. I don't know what to do with them. My storage space is really getting limited.
I either use some up to make some Rank 5 to substitute my Rank 5 Brutals/Savages. But those would only be incremental upgrades (if at all) and it'd again cost AD for the damn Marks.

Be very careful making lower rank items like rank 5 enchants as all the supplies/total costs that go into them can far exceed the value of the item itself. This is a costly pain I know all too well.
Check the rank 5 enchant or whatever interests you and compare that to a single [blue] mark of potency at auction for example (actually I don't know off hand what a blue mark is off hand, it may not be that high) . Ask around and someone might be able to throw a few enchants your way. Are Brutal and Savage your preferred enchants? What other ones are you shooting for?

I sometimes wonder if my English is really that bad. Isn't what I said exactly the same as what you said?
I already have Rank 5 everywhere. Most of them Brutal with one Cruel/Savage/Dark and 2 Draconic mixed in. Savage/Brutal/Cruel add up to 130 points, Draconic adds up to 135. But when I take in the additional Power feats that's mixed up again. I haven't bothered running the actual numbers. Especially since I'm not fixed on the feats yet. But when the actual numbers for Power e.g. are in the 4k+ region I don't want to spend time and resources on an additional 5 points here or there. ;)
I was more wondering if there's a reason to hold on to the Rank 4s or if it's ok to make some quick AD...

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I am not sure I even have a key for Malablobs castle... I know I bought Valiiindraaaa's key though.
But yeah, the time is really not so good, as Tiamat is about to pop up. So we will need to grind something new for the dragon scale or what that not yet available item is to proceed. Also STO winter event has started, meaning everybody is running all his alts through countless hoops to get a scarf/coat/snowcannon/T6 ship for all of them. Got to collect them all.

However, since it has been a while we did a proper elitst codexian dungeon run, I would give that priority if enough people are online.
IF you even want the new worst class of Neverwinter (GWF) in your group that is...

Also: why are you using those draconic/brutal chants? I thought the normal ones are much more effective to buff the shortcomings of your gear? Especially AP is a weakness for GWF gear IIRC (while hunter's gear has far too much of it).
Btw, I never bothered upgrading chants past 5 and concentrated more on the 3 artifacts, since the stat increase seemed too low for all the hassle to me. But I am not one of those BiS guys, so what do I know? ;)

Shannow

Waster of Time
What is BiS?
Well, I'm not so much looking at shortcomings. Haven't bothered analyzing my gear accordingly. I just find most stats useful (apart from regen, deflect, bonus gold, bonus xp). So I took whatever gave the most stats. Moar is bettah.
My current enchants mainly give power, crit, AP, lifesteal, def and HP + some recovery. Seems quite useful to me(?)
I might substitute the 2 Brutal enchants in utility slots with Dark ones, but otherwise...
Ofcourse I'm always open for suggestions for improvement ;)

EDIT: Also it's even worse. We'd be two GWF to drag the team down...
And yeah, I suggested Malabog's for Monday/next week to also give everyone the chance to get the key in time. Would be really cool if we got enough guys together.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Good news everyone. Things aren't as bad as we thought. SWs are having massive problems with the Drake Pens and the Prison. I struggled and used a few health potions but I managed the DP and Prison without too much pain (pun - as usual - intended). Given that SWs are supposedly great at PVE and I'm a noob with significantly lower GS than the guy in the thread, it clearly follows that GWFs are awesome.
And don't tell me anything about those guys just being losers who don't know how to play. I want to believe.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
BiS means "Best in Slot", as people like to brag about having the best available item in every slot. You know the type...

Also the warden in the prison is probably the hardest enemy on normal right now, plus the limited space makes evading tricky. Especially with those drakes ramming you all the time. My hunter can only do it on a lag free day. :argh:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom