Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Never Played Arcanum Which is the Best Version?

Khor1255

Arcane
I see there is an Arcanum 2 as well. Is that the one I want or is the first one what everyone keeps referencing? Looks and sounds like a cool game so I'm thinking of asking Santa to send it to me this year.

v1rus

Arcane
I prefer the NDS version. Dual screen makes it real easy to craft stuff like Tesla Rods.

Khor1255

Arcane
I see there is an Arcanum 2 as well. Is that the one I want or is the first one what everyone keeps referencing? Looks and sounds like a cool game so I'm thinking of asking Santa to send it to me this year.
Just so we're on the same page, which arcanum are you talking about?
This one?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcanum:_Of_Steamworks_and_Magick_Obscura
I believe that's the one but since I've never played it, never actually seen it played and don't know anyone irl who has I am not certain.

Just recently I bought Photosuite 2 which is a photoediting program that doesn't require a bunch of on line plug ins like photoshop does and runs on Windows XP which is my off line gaming rig. It turns out it has the exact same cover as the one I used years ago (Photoshop 3) but only the number was changed. I bought 2 which doesn't have nearly as much utility as 3 and am now stuck having to buy 3.

Don't want to make that same mistake with a game I've never played.

Khor1255

Arcane
Just to clarify there are often sequels to games that are so much better than the original version that playing the original is pointless.

I guess what I'm really asking is which one should I get and why?

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
black-man-wait-what-meme.jpg

What Arcanum?

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I'd recommend you wait for Arcanum: Enhanced Edition by Beamdog, it adds more content like more genders, more non-binary NPCs and steam powered sex bots that fuck you in the anus

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just to clarify there are often sequels to games that are so much better than the original version that playing the original is pointless.

I guess what I'm really asking is which one should I get and why?
There's only one. No sequels nothing.
You can get it off gog.com or steam. Just google the unofficial patch, install it and you're good to go.
Mind you it's not a strategy game, and it is definitely NOT jagged alliance in terms of combat.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Just when I thought it was impossible for a game to be any more epic than "Jagged Alliance 2," along comes "Arcanum 2" on the PlayStation 2 to blow your mind! Imagine all the tactical turn-based goodness of "Jagged Alliance 2" combined with the stunning graphics and gameplay of the PS2. It's like a match made in gaming heaven! So get ready to assemble your team of mercenaries and take on the toughest challenges the world of Arcanum has to offer. And remember, no job is too big, no foe is too tough, and no beard is too epic for the heroes of "Arcanum 2" on the PS2!

Vic

Savant
Imagine all the tactical turn-based goodness of "Jagged Alliance 2" combined with the stunning graphics and gameplay of the PS2
831346-932999_20071015_001.jpg

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is on the Wii, and you can emulate it on PC with Citra.

Vic

Savant
or wait, that would be ps3 equivalent, it was the gamecube that released around the same time of the PS2, so it's Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance for the gamecube instead, also emulatable with citra:

gfs_54877_2_10_mid.jpg

Khor1255

Arcane

I guess what I'm really asking is which one should I get and wh
There's only one. No sequels nothing.
You can get it off gog.com or steam. Just google the unofficial patch, install it and you're good to go.
Mind you it's not a strategy game, and it is definitely NOT jagged alliance in terms of combat.
Cool. I will likely buy a hard copy. My gaming computer is a cheapo win xp box and I want the game to outlive the computer. I made the mistake of putting hours and hours of modded stuff on a hard drive and was cavalier about tracking the backup discs I burned so now a half finished mod that I had well over a year invested in is gone. I won't make that mistake again.

Khor1255

Arcane
I have Arcanum ordered. Thank you to all who have pointed me in the right direction here.

I lost track of my Ja2 discs and the 1.13 is really no fun these days so it's been Age of Empires every weekend morning for about 2 years now.

Time to mix it up a little.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom