Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

need names of gamez to play on ancient laptop

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
my current gaming rig is a compaq presario 2500 with integrated video. even using facebook/multiple tabs makes it chug.

So, topic. I'm fairly open minded, i'll play anything if it's worth playing, but i'm too lazy to search out stuff. obvious stuff is obvious, like using dosbox in order to play old gems, etc. emulators, et al. i know. i'd appreciate different/new input on this subject though

(like for example, something like knights of the chalice, or someone recommending me to try Myst since i've never played it before)

go crazy, recommend me that awesome browser football simulator or whatever. whatever comes to mind.

L'ennui

Magister
Alpha Centauri is the quintessential laptop game (and possibly the best game ever made, as a bonus).

Don't be a Drone, play it! All the cool Talents are doing it.

Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
L'ennui said:
Alpha Centauri is the quintessential laptop game (and possibly the best game ever made, as a bonus).

Don't be a Drone, play it! All the cool Talents are doing it.
Pretty much this, you don't need any other games.

Nex

Cipher
I always found the Ultima series to be great on the laptops. Im currently playing it on my toshiba satellite 310cdt

Luzur

Good Sir
Master of Magic.

also, i have a Commodore 386 laptop that i can load Zork on, so that isnt that old.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I personally quite enjoyed Westwood's Command 'n Conquer games.
you might like to give CnC and CnC:Red Alert a try, as well as their sequels.
They should run acceptably on your laptop.

If you're in the mood for a few classics there's always things like Theme Hospital and Quest for Glory as well as some of the older games on the codex's recommended list (fallout springs to mind)

Nex

Cipher
Hirato said:
I personally quite enjoyed Westwood's Command 'n Conquer games.
you might like to give CnC and CnC:Red Alert a try, as well as their sequels.
They should run acceptably on your laptop.

If you're in the mood for a few classics there's always things like Theme Hospital and Quest for Glory as well as some of the older games on the codex's recommended list (fallout springs to mind)

!! thankyou! I had completely forgot about theme hospital. I have not played that for about 12 years. Time to acquire it.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Since we're talking ancient anyway, anyone got recommendations for a less ancient laptop? Mine can run Civ 4, and that's about it.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Master of Magic, Darklands, Dark Sun, Wing Commander, Prince of Persia (original one, duh) Pharaoh and the original Civilisation. All good and all guaranteed to suck your life away.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Thanks, mateys. I've got Startopia installed already, even.

Also probably a good time to put that GOG Sacrifice purchase to good use.

Murk

Arcane
If you haven't ever played it, get Age of Wonders 1 (or 2.5: Shadow Magic).

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Never cared much for Startopia, whenever I played it I felt like I should be playing Dungeon Keeper instead.

denizsi

Arcane
Lesifoere said:
Since we're talking ancient anyway, anyone got recommendations for a less ancient laptop? Mine can run Civ 4, and that's about it.

JA2 v1.13

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom