Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Need help with NWN OC

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"No, it's not normal. I have never seen such lines before."

SHOCKER! RPG has stuff in it you didn't see so it must not be intentionally in the game. Are youa fucknut?

NWN is awesome, and this is more proof.

I eprosnally have never played the OC with a character with less than 10 intelligence so I've never witness the 'dumb' dialogue firsthand. Moonbutt. L0L

Even L0LLIER are the people claiming OC is 'easy' when they use the cheating OPTIONS that BIO gave as OPTIONS.

if you ever used respawn, port out/port in, everrest or other bullshit garabge you have absolutely NO right to claim NWN OC is easy and shan't be taken seriously when (if) you play the mod I'm working on. R00fles!

I also laugh at those who proclaimed NWN was DOA 10 years ago.. yet here we are still disucssing the fukkin' OC. LMFAO

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You're still working on your mod? How many years has it been?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I lost most of the work on that mod. This is a different one with a different focus. I won't be spending my time writing million sof shit words. The focus is on HARDCORE UNFORGIVING combat, and exploration with fun C&C thrown in. I have 50 areas made. Enough content is amde alreayd to go from level 1 to about level 15). I also am using CEP which gives me access to more non traiditonal NWN monsters like carrion crawlers and rust monsters. I started it just before the end of November and as you can see I've got lots of done. All enemies and many items are hand crafted stats wise. Too many 'vanilla monsters' are made weaker than they should be ala having only half their max hit points allowed by their HD. A level 8 fighter for exmaple being stcuk with 50ish hp. R00fles!

Anyways, this is about the OC...........

OC = 7.5/10

FUCK YEAH!!!

Xavier0889

Learned
Fighter classes in general are fucking unbalanced in NWN. Later in the game you will find yourself fucked if you don't get decent ranged weapons or any companion with decent spell casting. Better yet, just go with a wizard or a sorceror and pick Linu the Cleric, and use one or two summons (Familiar + Summon Creature spell). That's also the nearest you could ever get to make it work like a party based rpg.

On the other hand, the thug boss (the one guarding the escaped cockatrice, don't remember the region) was a major reloadfest.

Really? That fight is quite easy, even for low levels. In fact, none of the fights in chapter one is "hard", even the wizard is kinda dull (you'll never get decent mage fights in NWN). You only learn about the critical need to use buffs when you fight Desther, that is, after finding the four reagents to the plague's cure. At least I did.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Desther is the bad guy?

:eek:

Spoilers man.

:troll:

Anyways, yes, the Cockatrice guy at the Docks District - Bloodsail pirates is pretty hardcore cause he and his goons gets sneak attacks. There's three of them and you better be drinking Barkskin, Bless and is geared with +1 Longsword and +1 Shield , redeemed from the auction tokens picked off dead muggers in the district.
While the Mind-controlling beast in the Prison is easily handled with 2x Potions of Clarity.
I also sold everything I looted in tutorial and bought all Moderate Healing Potions cause everything is half priced back then and sold for full.
Interesting game, but yeah, if I can control 2 character at least, it'd be a better game instead of shitty AI command.

RK47

Patron
:eek: Hello, Police? We have a problem... Yes, it's an online forum, RPGCodex...yes, yes, I've received death threats online.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Fighter classes in general are fucking unbalanced in NWN. Later in the game you will find yourself fucked if you don't get decent ranged weapons or any companion with decent spell casting."

Bullshitz.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I don't recall much of the game, but I beat it with a human fighter at age 13 or something. You must be shit RK47 and Xavier0889 :M

Of course, if you decided not to complete the turd that is NWN OC, nothing of value would be lost.

RK47

Patron
Nah, it's because I don't press R when I lose 3 HP.

Captain Shrek

What does being human have to do with bypassing DR? :lol:
Nothing. Human Fighters just get the extra feat. The STR/CON bonus from other races is useless since there are more than enough items to substitute for it/.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
People playing NWN OC is something I really can't wrap my head around. I started bleeding from ears after reading the first few posts in this topic.

Captain Shrek

Alright. I admit I made a mistake saying HUMAN fighters. I am not defending that particular build. I wanted to defend Fighters. Probably Dwarven fighters are the best since Charisma plays the least important part in the John Doe builds. If you want to go the Pladin/fighter/Champion of Torm path Humans are Good. Since they do not have CHR penalties.

On the other hand, the thug boss (the one guarding the escaped cockatrice, don't remember the region) was a major reloadfest.

Really? That fight is quite easy, even for low levels. In fact, none of the fights in chapter one is "hard", even the wizard is kinda dull (you'll never get decent mage fights in NWN). You only learn about the critical need to use buffs when you fight Desther, that is, after finding the four reagents to the plague's cure. At least I did.

I don't know, he just kept dodging everything I threw at him, while his bros kept pestering me. Later I realized you could move into the corridor to deal with him & his buddies one on one, but by then he was almost dead anyway.

Desther was...I don't know. He's probably hard for slowfags because he quickly got rid of Moonbow Moonbutt, but he only managed to hit my ninja-monk 2 or 3 times.

edit: wait, Moonbow is the goddess. I meant the cleric. LOL ELVEN NAMES ARE ALL SOUND SAME

Desther is the bad guy?

:eek:
Actually I was expecting Fenthick to be the bad guy, since the "LOL THIS GUY IS EVIL" signs coming from Desther were too obvious for him to be the real bad guy. I even took his priests' blessing, also ignoring the "OBVIOUSLY EVIL RED SPIRAL OF DEATH" spell effects that show up when you do. :M

I want to murder everyone in this thread.

Not funny bro. Phelot died this way.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Nah, it's because I don't press R when I lose 3 HP."

The right way to play. Anyone whose suggestion to win a fight is to 'rest between fights' is a fuckkin' retart.

"Actually Human Fighters are the best (with potions) since they can get past most of the DR with good weapons. "

You on crack.

"The DR rule is fucking retarded and can mostly be bypassed ENTIRELY with +1 weapons (magical weapons)."

Depends on the DR. Some DR liek the gargoyle (not my gargoyles) can be beat with puny +1 weapons. But, some monster Dr works like dwarven defender/barbarian DR where you could have a +1 million weapon and it still would have damage reducted.

RK47

Patron
Yeah, I was doing that Fight Club sidequest and the 2nd round against the Monk is a pain in the ass with the 10 DR he got.
I was using Sword +1 and it was still up.

marooned

Liturgist
I doubt the monk is level 20 as he'd just murder RK with a look instead of just being a pain in the ass. Probably it's some item DR like the swordsman belt. Try again with a big hammer.

RK47

Patron
I used a Spear (Piercing) 0 dmg
I swap to Sword (Slashing) 0 dmg
Maybe it's a bug, but dealing 1-4 dmg per hit is hilarious .

marooned

Liturgist
Neither of those are hammers... but considering it's an arena like side quest they probably buffed the opponents "unnaturally" for the challenge. The easy answer is to forge one of the unique weapons at the dwarf's that deal some kind of elemental damage and roll with it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom