Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Necronomicon: The Dawning of Darkness

Tel Velothi

Cipher
Anyone played this game? I've played it long time ago and remember it had a great atmosphere.
Here's the link if you want to see it (polish version of the game had hilarious voice acting):

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Project: Eternity
Is this the game from the early 2000's based on Lovecrafts work? I remember as a very shitty game, poorly designed puzzles, annoying interface and some really boring mazes.

It was so bad I couldn't bring myself to finish it. And I am a fan of all things Lovecraft, mind you.

Tel Velothi

Cipher
It may be true what you're saying - as I said I played it VERY long time ago, and just wanted someone to tell me if the game is any good since I can't find it anywhere to download (it can be impossible now). Oh, well...
Thanks for your post.

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Project: Eternity
Sorry, it really isn't any good. Best lovecraft game around is "The Call of Cthulhu" for PC and Xbawks. More of a shooter than an adventure, but really good.

A couple of good adventures based on Lovecrat's work are "Shadow of the Comet" and "Prisoner of Ice". Oldies but goodies. There are also a couple of new ones too, mild quality...

Marsal

Arcane
I remember playing it when it came out. And again couple years ago. Never got far. I can't really say what's wrong with the game. It was just somehow... awkward? I can find a link if you want to play it again, but I think it's a waste of time to play it.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Played it and nearly finished it but it was a long time ago. I tried to replay it a month ago but somewhere around CD2 the game kept crashing and I gave up.

As for the game itself... its not horribly bad, just average and awkward when it comes to interface. But I still remember the voice of that thing you turned on and communicated with in the dungeon...

Tel Velothi

Cipher
Ok, thanks for your answers.
From what I remember the game was good, but it was one of my first adventure games ever, so maybe that's why. Since I can't find ANY download links for this game (I would play it mainly for nostalgic reasons), I'm going to pass and keep good memories...

Marsal

Arcane
Ok, thanks for your answers.
From what I remember the game was good, but it was one of my first adventure games ever, so maybe that's why. Since I can't find ANY download links for this game (I would play it mainly for nostalgic reasons), I'm going to pass and keep good memories...
You can get it on Underground Gamer. PM me your mail, I'll send you an invite.

Astral Rag

Arcane
This just got released on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/302390/

Unfortunately my computer is much too slow to run this game.

fqfmhdskfqsdmfhdqsmf0mkib.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom