Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Necromunda: Hired Gun from Streum On Studio

PrettyDeadman

I duno its kinda bad. Like nuDoom 2 but everyone has hitscan enemy and every enemy is a punk humanoid with extremely dumb ai. Also constant freezes even on 150 fps.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
So apparently the fireballs that the ogryns chuck at you are flaming rats?!

Is that some obscure lore reference?

Either way, it's dumb. I wish they didn't have any ogryns in the game tbh.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I duno its kinda bad. Like nuDoom 2 but everyone has hitscan enemy and every enemy is a punk humanoid with extremely dumb ai. Also constant freezes even on 150 fps.
The hitscanners that spawn infinitely behind your back in the side jobs are the worst part of the game and all they do is push the player to just run past mooks and beeline for the objectives since killing them is a waste of HP and ammo. It's obvious that Streumon, for all their passion, can't seem to figure out good game design to save them. This is their 3rd attempt and they still fail.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The hitscanners that spawn infinitely behind your back in the side jobs are the worst part of the game and all they do is push the player to just run past mooks and beeline for the objectives since killing them is a waste of HP and ammo. It's obvious that Streumon, for all their passion, can't seem to figure out good game design to save them. This is their 3rd attempt and they still fail.

Honestly, they could've just done Far Cry outposts (sans stealth) for the sidemissions and it would've been 1000% better.

Go in, kill a bunch of dudes and their boss, leave. Is that really so hard?

But no, its boring ass defense waves and shit. The worst is the decapitation missions where you have to go back and forth hunting down packs of the same 7 enemies.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah, the highest difficulty was really brutal (for a while I couldnt complete any side missions), but now after some grinding (the defense missions are great for that btw) I finally got some decent gear the things are becoming somewhat manageable.

I like the game. As others mentioned the control scheme takes a bit of getting used to, the healing on melee kills kinda forces you to play very agressively in most situations (which aint great tbh fam, but w/e), but generaly, the game does what it set out to do pretty well. I just wish someone would make a 40K Metro (since asking for a 40K STALKER would be too much I guess)...

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Yeah, the highest difficulty was really brutal (for a while I couldnt complete any side missions), but now after some grinding (the defense missions are great for that btw) I finally got some decent gear the things are becoming somewhat manageable.

I like the game. As others mentioned the control scheme takes a bit of getting used to, the healing on melee kills kinda forces you to play very agressively in most situations (which aint great tbh fam, but w/e), but generaly, the game does what it set out to do pretty well. I just wish someone would make a 40K Metro (since asking for a 40K STALKER would be too much I guess)...

We can't be too harsh on GW for giving their license to consistently bad video games, when the entire industry is consistently bad video games.

Honestly, this game is not half bad, but desperately in need for a patch.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Where the hell do you buy medkits? I retried the second mission and noticed that I don't have any for some reason. I know you can buy revives at the checkpoints. But medkits I have no clue.

orcinator

Liturgist
I was wondering how the EYE guys changed over the years. After playing the second mission it's nice to know they still got a knack for oversized levels full of fucking nothing.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Man those side missions are a huge grind. Why in the hell are half of them "Run around and kill x people, then the boss will appear"?

I had such high hopes for this game but as it is, it's basically Bolter Simulator 2021, because that's all its good for.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh, that's good. I'm going to adjust my playstyle to be more aggressive then and see if that helps.

yeah I mean when you see the effect on your arm you have to be within blood splashing range (obviously you cant be too far away) but yeah if you are low on health and have no health packs then you can rush towards someone and start shooting them as you get into range and should get healed.

ADL

Prophet
Good thing the takedown system is so awful looking I don't wanna do them. The way it locks you into an animation state and clunkily "transforms" back to gameplay is really off putting.

Good thing the takedown system is so awful looking I don't wanna do them. The way it locks you into an animation state and clunkily "transforms" back to gameplay is really off putting.

I'm not sure which game actually started them, but I want to blame Deus Ex Human Revolution, since it was the first one I encountered that replaced good old "click to melee" with "press to see an animation" garbage. Maybe there was some other culprit that started it, though?

if you stand still the enemies just shoot in a circle around you unless they have a shotgun, and the robot bosses literally cannot hit you if you just strafe. this is DOA

the game honestly reminds me a lot of fallout new vegas with the janky animations, ugly models and (badly) repetitive gameplay

Siel

Arcane
Patron
I've been playing this game last night finally and I'm having fun.

But I play on Old School, I feel like this is how it's meant to be played. Difficulty really starts kicking in chapter 3, then you definitely want to invest money in weapon upgrades and powers.
The weapon upgrade system is pretty advanced actually and not only cosmetics.
The powers also are very fun, shit like using auto aim with the autogun in the middle of a horde of enemies is satisfying as fuck. OP, but satisfying.
My only big grip so far is respawning enemies in side missions, this needs fix ASAP

lightbane

Arcane
Other games had flashy awesome button takedowns but SM popularized executions giving you health to allow aggressive play.
In SM though it wasn't that easy though, as your execution animations could be interrupted since you could still be attacked, which meant you had to prioritize WHEN to do one so that you weren't shot to death (especially with the chainsword, whose fatality was too slow IMO). It wasn't an awesome button.

Siel

Arcane
Patron
Other games had flashy awesome button takedowns but SM popularized executions giving you health to allow aggressive play.
In SM though it wasn't that easy though, as your execution animations could be interrupted since you could still be attacked, which meant you had to prioritize WHEN to do one so that you weren't shot to death (especially with the chainsword, whose fatality was too slow IMO). It wasn't an awesome button.

I as I said the game is meant to be played on OldSchool difficulty. I assure you 90% of the time event trying to get close for takedown means death.

orcinator

Liturgist
The infinitely respawning enemies from eye make a return in the side missions. Sadly the story is pretty shit so I doubt this game will be able to reach memegame status.

I as I said the game is meant to be played on OldSchool difficulty. I assure you 90% of the time event trying to get close for takedown means death.

Have you tried mashing E harder? I'm playing on oldskool and it's a fairly reliable way to take out groups of clumped together enemies (as long as you don't get fucked over by the level geometry) and some of the more spongy enemies like shielded dudes and ogryns(!).
I'm not even sure how you can play without it given enemies can take you from max health to 0 in a split second, so you gotta kill fast and bullets too slow.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom