Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Necromancy in Arcanum

Crnobog

Liturgist
I'm currently replaying Arcanum as a pure magic character and I have a quick question - is there any point to the necromantic spell Conjure Spirit? I probably asked this already some time ago but can't remember if it does anything significant... Are there any dead that have something meaningful to say? I know there's some ghost quest at the beginning of the game, but it doesn't require casting that spell.

Section8

Cipher
I never explored it in depth, but yes I believe there are quite a few dead people about that can be chatted with. If I remember, you can talk to any corpse, but most are incoherent. If the body is properly prepared, or still somehow aligned to the mortal world, then they have more to say. For instance, I think you could probably kill the Schuylers and use the spell to converse with their grandfather.

Jora

Arcane
If you don't want to do the Stillwater Giant quest for the elf who knows the location of Quintarra, you can kill him and get the information from his spirit.

Moggs

Liturgist
I killed the Schuylers, but conjure spirit does nothing with the Father/Grandfather, you just get the stock "errrgh, this hurts, release me, etc". It seems a pretty much pointless spell. The Qintarra location is the only use I've heard for it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom