Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

nahlakh like games

elenai

Novice
Hello
are there some games with combat similar to nahlakh except natuk and hellherron?

mondblut

Arcane
Pirates of Western Sea alpha :)
And whatever freeware semi-roguelike Proudfoot did on same engine. Tower something.

Wizard's Crown was a clear inspiration for his games.

Also, some older games with great tactical combat are: Disciples of Steel, Aethra Chronicles, and of course the venerable goldbox series.

SkeleTony

Augur
Pirates of the Western Sea has several bugs but IS finishable and some fun.

Tower of Darkness was a ten level roguelike game using the POWS engine.

The Exile games(Exile 1-3 + Blades of Exile, which is now open source) from Spiderweb software are not as tactically fulfilling as Nahlakh/Natuk/POWS but can be fun.

Jagged Alliance 2 might be one of a few games that manages to excede Natuk/POWS in that type of combat.

almondblight

Arcane
I second the Exile series, really good games. Also Realmz isn't bad, and there's a windows version now.

elenai

Novice
Pirates of Western Sea , ToD of course any from Proudfoot.
Disciples of Steel How can I enter city? Is there something that describe not obvios controls?
Aethra Chronicles - Tried and after four hours stoped. Its game with most confusing controls in RPG. I finished graveyard and book. but I am not much impressed by actual combat. But char development system looks good.
exiles- played 5 years ago. Was quite fun. Too bad later spiderweb turned worse.
JA2,JA1,UFOs ,SS played. One of my favourites.

Natuks combat is almost ripped straight from Eternal Dagger, which is never a bad thing. You could also try Knights of Legend for some detailed, tbc fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom