Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Myth: A New Age CYOA

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
Is there a real, factual evidence remaining? Who has access to that?

Timo says that yes there is still evidence. He has it somewhere safe.

Nevill said:
We are interested in destroying that, for obvious reasons.

Unless, of course, he wants to keep this knowledge as means to control us, but it would be highly messy for everyone if it gets into less understanding hands, intentionally or unintentionally.

He is not terribly inclined to destroy that evidence as it might come in handy. He also has no intention of letting it fall into the hands of others at the moment.

Nevill said:
How would Berty approach teaching the kids, by the way? I am thinking whether or not I should add Lyssa's moderating influence.

Probably the same way as he is teaching the girls only a bit less demanding. If given a free hand he would try to turn them into what amounts to dwarven commandos.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Probably the same way as he is teaching the girls only a bit less demanding. If given a free hand he would try to turn them into what amounts to dwarven commandos.
Well, then I'd probably prefer to vote for Jester's vote as stated by Jester himself:

8B) Keep the children.
v Send Lyssa and Berty to take a look at them. Hire tutors according to their talents.

Without a necessary emphasis on logistics for all of them. It is a large sample of people, and there are bound to be some among 60 of them who would be interested in that anyway.

So... 8) Bv > Biv, I guess.

And 12) A.

Last edited:

Jester

Arbiter
Without a necessary emphasis on logistics for all of them. It is a large sample of people, and there are bound to be some among 60 of them who would be interested in that anyway.
Emm i didnt say send all to logistic. :roll: (engineering on other hand :obviously:)
It was more of example to show that there are multiple ways they can get useful, even in civilian situations. Economy is good example to, if we still thinking about starting our own banking system in Empire. PR/diplomat person to constantly work on our bad reputation/decrease backlash from unpopular decisions (and go on those dull parties). Beauticians ;). Roots farmer. Scientists. There are many mundane, but awesome professions. Probably there are more interesting ways i am to stupid to find.

11)A 800
12)A

Fangshi

Arcane
Alright, updated the option then.

I think I will close the vote soon, twenty four hours maybe, if there are no objections.

The update will come soon after that and will be of more reasonable length than this last one. The interlude will then get posted when the vote for the next update closes.

Jester

Arbiter
Oh btw its only occur to me that trick we use to fuse Firebolt and Energy Bolt is Group Technique... sort of i think.

"fire and lightning weave around one another binding together and feeding off each other in a way the Thin White Mage has never encountered before.
The braided purple bolt strikes Puppet. His skin cracks, blackens and flakes off."
cmb Heat Bolt?

"The two spells had attempted to devour one another and did tremendous damage to the target."
"This time, working from the same principles you intend to let your enemy's spell power your own. Just as the three cloaked figures are finishing their spell you hit it with your 'Greater Firebolt'. Your spell, much more powerful than theirs and desperate for energy quickly devours their spell and takes on some of its properties. It solidifies somewhat, tuning into a dark red paste that coats each of the three mages, painting every inch of them above the waist in a boiling hot magical concoction that quickly dissolves them into one large puddle of bubbling fluid. It also eats a two metre wide and one metre deep hole in the ground."
Thats how it works. Dont sound like meta chaining. Its more like Spell consume/fusion? Would say its either a special branch of meta or its new close cousin. Words consume/devour sound suitable for name in my opinion.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Here my final vote:

1. A)
2. A)

A)i.
D)

4)'AA)
5) A)
6) B)
7) C)
8) B) iii.
9. F)
10. A)
11. A) 800WP

12. B)

Nevill

Arcane
It means that in the current political climate all he would have to do is leak some of the evidence that Lyssa was a necromancer and you would all likely be hung.
I took a moment to think about it, and I have to say, isn't he bullshitting us a little? Even though he might have something on Lyssa, there is no way he would be able to connect the evidence to the Heroes of the Kingdom, since we have never indulged in such practices, and there is plenty of proof to the contrary, especially after we have broken the Watcher's plans (and armies) on more than one occasion. Most of these activities are limited to us and not Lyssa, too, contrasting our track record with hers. We would likely have to murder her and 'thank' him profusely for implicating another of the Watcher's spies that have managed to infiltrate so deeply, but we ourselves should be well out of his reach, and unlike the Eberhards, we would be able to afford our defence.

Not that I like to entertain this exact scenario, but I just want to see if he isn't trying to present his case stronger than it really is.

Anyway, back to the other pieces of lore.
He tilts his head and laughs merrily, "I am rich Derryth, what is the point of having wealth if you do not spend it on what makes you happy. I like the paintings so I bought them, simple as that."
Well, I meant these pictures in particular:
On the right door are fields in bloom, children playing, a joyful, low sun hanging protectively in a clear azure sky. Hundreds of tiny figures stand frozen in the minutiae of day to day life. Here a farmer haggles over the price of his grain, there a bard woos some young maiden. At the top of the carving sits a figure upon a magnificent throne. Without face or clear form it is impossible to discern the exact nature of the figure. As you stare at the door you are overcome with a feeling of peace.

You reluctantly turn your attention to the left door only to be greeted with a scene of horror. It is war, it is pestilence and famine and death. Crops aflame, corpses in the streets, mercenaries and monsters battle one another and slaughter the helpless. A cracked throne rests at the head of the carving, before it lies a broken figure. You shudder as you drift inside.
Is there a significance to them?

They depict a number of scenes, battles, dinner parties, rolling fields and rolling seas. There does not seem to be a common theme from what you can tell though they are all signed by the same artist, 'L.E.'.
All right, I'll bite. Who is L.E.? Where or who did Timo buy them from?

He raises his eyebrows in disbelief that you can not see what he sees, "Three quarters of the Houses were set to rise in open rebellion against him. A good portion of the officer corp and the banking families were ready to do so as well. Frankly if you had not swept into the Kingdom when you did he likely would be dead by now."
Were there any particular decisions by Albrecht that led to this outcome? What were the Eberhardts plans and goals? What reason did they have to prepare a coup, and why did so many support them?

Doesn't Albrecht have a certain weight among his people as a leader who had led them through two Great Wars and allowed them to survive it? What caused such a shift?

He refuses to tell you how many agents he has and where they are. He states that you have no reason to know.
Well, if secrecy is paramount to him, then he should not be offended if his agents die to ours in case the Weazels cross our path again.

If any of his agents have a say in their inner politics, they would do well to caution Wenzel against antagonizing us or our people.

He does not know how long Rand has been active. Rand, whatever he is, is a spymaster's nightmare; an agent that can come and go without leaving any trace at all.
Does he think that this advantage may be turned into a fault? Say, he may not know what Rand looks like and his agents might forget about him the second they turn away from him, but if he instructs his men to work in pairs and mentally check if they can remember the faces of people they are interacting with without looking straight at them, would it not expose Rand if he is around?

During the 'Where Angels Fear To Tread' chapter we were able to determine that the man we met was Rand because we had trouble placing his face. Could this method work for others as well?

Rand might be used to impunity by now, so if he makes a careless move, he may well get caught. An explosive does not care what your face features are.

Find Eberhardt and put an end to him. Also ensure that the rebels and their cultist allies can not simply create a new one. It would be devastating for morale if the King hung Eberhardt only to have him 'resurrect' again.
Does he think that it may be turned around as well? That capturing and keeping not-Eberhardt alive to demonstrate several not-Eberhards alongside each other would be devastating for the rebellion? After all, there would be no 'real' one, and if they are all fakes , then what would be the reason to believe that the next one people will see is real? It would not be a miraculous resurrection, but a mix of a dark ritual and a fraud.

Could this solution work out for the Crown?

Now that is his problem. He will look into it but can not promise anything. If the Pathfinders are having trouble tracking him then it is likely that he has significant skill, resources or both.
Actually, it seems that the archer is not hostile to us and appears whenever we are in danger or when his intervention is in order? Maybe something could be arranged to make him step forward? To bait him into showing himself?

Mayer is potential compromised from his adventuring days though Timo does not want to go into details. Mayer would not appreciate it and he does not particularly want to start anything with one of maybe three dwarves as well informed as he is.
Three dwarves, eh? Who are the other two?

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
Jester said:
Oh btw its only occur to me that trick we use to fuse Firebolt and Energy Bolt is Group Technique... sort of i think.

Yes, I suppose it is. A lot of spells can have interesting properties when they interact. Another pair of examples would be the spells that not-Rand had in his spell plates. They combined an earth spell with a lightning spell and a fire spell with a water spell respectively to yield much more powerful attack spells. So that is probably something to keep in mind for the future, if you have mutiple mages around they can act as multipliers for each other's spells.

I will add Heat Bolt to the group techniques list.

Kz3r0 said:
Here my final vote:

Right, will update.

Nevill said:
I took a moment to think about it, and I have to say, isn't he bullshitting us a little?

Yes, that is definitely one way out of that situation. If you throw Lyssa under the bus chariot and wash your hands of it all then you could probably survive such an investigation as long as your dealings with demons, ghôls and cultists do not come to light. However, Timo has done his research and he knows you are not the type to do that so it is still an effective safeguard for him to hold onto.

Nevill said:
Is there a significance to them?

Yes, they represent the ages of light and of darkness. They serve as inspiration for what a King should aspire to and as a warning of what will happen to their people if they fail. Those painting as amongst the most important of dwarven cultural artefacts but they are not magical or anything.

Nevill said:
All right, I'll bite. Who is L.E.?

A magician with a brush. ;)

Nevill said:
Where or who did Timo buy them from?

On one of his business trips to the Empire. Timo happened to pass through the county of Grayson, he encountered the artist there and bought all the paintings he had to hand.

Nevill said:
Were there any particular decisions by Albrecht that led to this outcome?

Well there are many that wanted the Kingdom to stay out of Soulblighter's War. It was not originally obvious that the Fallen Lord was behind it and many amongst the nobility saw it as a human problem. Albrecht disagreed and immediately threw his support behind Alric and the Legion, even going so far as to dispatch some of his best Pathfinders to help. Ultimately Albrecht was proven right but his battles in the Assembly to try and get the military mobilized earned him several enemies.

He also failed to curb the growth of the cult throughout the Kingdom though he did make an honest attempt.

He also failed to win over the merchant class as he did not want to anger his supporters amongst the nobility. Eberhardt's ambition and the greed of the dwarves saw to the rest.

Albrecht was (and is) not a bad King but for many dwarves it is better to lead than follow and all of the rebels stood to gain personally from the fall of the monarchy.

Nevill said:
What were the Eberhardts plans and goals?

Overthrow Albrecht, kill the King and his family, and establish a Dwarven Republic modeled on the Free Cities of the North.

Nevill said:
What reason did they have to prepare a coup, and why did so many supported them?

Eberhardt wanted to rule but he knew he could not do it within the traditional system as Albrecht had the support of most of the Great Houses.

So...

He won the bankers over by promising them fewer restrictions and higher social standing.

He won over the lesser Houses by reminding them of how low their odds of advancement were. He played off their longstanding grievances over the dominance of the Great Houses in politics and unfair distribution of the land.

He won the younger officers over by promising adventure, higher office and riches. He also planned on 'taking the fight' to the ghôls with a 'new and modernized' army and that made many of the junior officers quite enthusiastic.

And he managed to secure the neutrality of the Academy by reassuring them that he would not cut funding when he became Doge/President/whatever. He even went so far as to promise them even more funding and even fewer restrictions then they currently operate under, most were not stupid enough to believe him though.

Finally he also had help in the form of money, resources and mercenaries from certain parties within the Empire.

Nevill said:
Doesn't Albrecht have a certain weight among his people as a leader who had led them through two Great Wars and allowed them to survive it? What caused such a shift?

The people love him but the merchant class, the intelligentsia and many of the nobles do not. It was still a minority that was trying to overthrow him though, they were just a powerful minority.

That being said the people are also fairly easily led and most only care about the safety of themselves and their families. They care about what a leader does for them in the present and what they promise for the future. They are scared and they are watching. If Albrecht falters and fails while Eberhardt flourishes then the people will likely move to the winning side.

Nevill said:
Well, if secrecy is paramount to him, then he should not be offended if his agents die to ours in case the Weazels cross our path again.

That is correct. In fact you have already killed a few in your ambush last night. It is just a risk of the profession and it will serve to make the remaining spies harder to spot so he does not really have a problem.

Nevill said:
If any of his agents have a say in their inner politics, they would do well to caution Wenzel against antagonizing us or our people.

I imagine they will but Wenzel is not a reasonable person.

Nevill said:
Does he think that this advantage may be turned into a fault? Say, he may not know what Rand looks like and his agents might forget about him the second they turn away from him, but if he instructs his men to work in pairs and mentally check if they can remember the faces of people they are interacting with without looking straight at them, would it not expose Rand if he is around?

During the 'Where Angels Fear To Tread' chapter we were able to determine that the man we met was Rand because we had trouble placing his face. Could this method work for others as well?

Rand might be used to impunity by now, so if he makes a careless move, he may well get caught. An explosive does not care what your face features are.

He likes that idea and will instruct his agents to be mindful not just of what they see and experience but also what they don't remember seeing and experiencing. Hopefully it will yield results.

Nevill said:
Does he think that it may be turned around as well? That capturing and keeping not-Eberhardt alive to demonstrate several not-Eberhards alongside each other, would be devastating for the other side? After all, there would be no 'real' one, and if they are both fakes , then what would be the reason to believe that the next one they will see is real? It would not be a miraculous resurrection, but a dark ritual instead.

Could this solution work out for the Crown?

Yes, that could work to muddle the waters nicely but he is not sure if it would be possible to capture Eberhardt and he does not know where such a thing could be safely stored without risk of escape.

Derryth on the other hand does know someone that could help, the trouble would come from trying to get a creature as interesting as the new Eberhardt back when needed.

Nevill said:
Actually, it seems that the archer is not hostile to us and seems to appear whenever we are in danger or when his intervention is in order? Maybe something could be arranged to make him step forward? To bait him into showing himself? Does he think he can arrange something to that effect?

To do that you would need to know what the archer wants, what motivates him/her/it. Without knowing that it would be difficult to make an offer/set a trap that could lure the archer out into the open.

If he can learn anything useful about the archer he can begin to figure something out but until then there is little he can do.

Nevill said:
Three dwarves, eh? Who are the other two?

He tells you to ask Mayer. Again he has no desire to antagonize another player in the game for no real benefit. If the Banker wants to tell you what is going on that is his affair.

Current Tally:

Absinthe:
1. Not B-D
2. A
3. x
4. C
5. A
6. x
7. B
8. Biii
9. E
10. A
11. x
12. x

Kz3r0:
1. A
2. A
3. Ai>D
4. A
5. A
6. B
7. C
8. Biii
9. F
10. A
11. A (800)
12. B

Nevill:
1. A
2. A
3. Ai
4. B
5. A
6. B
7. D
8. Bv>Biv
9. G
10. A
11. A (800)
12. A

Azira:
1. A
2. A
3. Ai
4. B
5. A
6. B
7. D
8. Biv
9. G
10. A
11. A (800)
12. B

archaen:
1. x
2. x
3. Ai
4. B
5. A
6. B
7. D
8. Biv
9. G
10. A
11. A
12. A

Jester:
1. E
2. A
3. Ai>D
4. A
5. A
6. B
7. E>C
8. Bv
9. H
10. A
11. A
12. A

Grimgravy:
1. A
2. C
3. Aiii>Aii
4. C
5. A
6. B
7. B
8. Bii
9. A
10. A
11. A (highest proposed option that will win)
12. B

Baltika9:
1. x
2. x
3. x
4. x
5. x
6. x
7. x
8. Bv
9. x
10. x
11. x
12. A

1. Timo
4 votes A
1 vote E
1 vote for anything but B through D
1 vote undeclared

2. Timo's offer
5 votes A
1 vote C
1 vote undeclared

3. Activities
5 votes Ai
1 vote Aiii
1 vote undeclared

4. Additional Seeker Mages
3 votes B
2 votes A
2 votes C

5. The Master
7 votes A

6. Ajiak's position
6 votes B
1 vote undeclared

7. Housing
3 votes D
2 votes B
2 votes C

8. The children
2 votes Biii
2 votes Biv
3 vote Bv
1 vote Bii

9. Lady Grey
3 votes G
1 vote A
1 vote E
1 vote F
1 vote H

10. Ceannard and the Arrows
7 votes A

11. Paying the Bankers
6 votes A (5 votes for 800WPs, 1 vote unspecified)
1 vote undeclared

12. Flame and Shadow
4 votes A
3 votes B
1 votes undeclared

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Yes, I suppose it is. A lot of spells can have interesting properties when they interact.
All right, then I have a question.

Do we or Lyssa think the theory behind the Greater Bolts may be applied to the Ice Shard spell, to create a Greater Ice Shard?

How does the Ice Shard interact with the Firebolt and/or Energy Bolt? Would it create water? steam? electrocute the enemies in the area after they get soaked? Maybe we should try it out.

Does Freezing Wind interact with our other two elemental spells in any way?

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
Do we or Lyssa think the theory behind the Greater Bolts may be applied to the Ice Shard spell, to create a Greater Ice Shard?

It should work but Lyssa needs to advance in her understanding of magical theory to actually use the spell herself (she needs the 'Expanded Theory' trait that Derry and Taide picked up a few months back). D&T could cast it if they knew Ice Shard though.

Nevill said:
How does the Ice Shard interact with the Firebolt and/or Energy Bolt? Would it create water? steam? electrocute the enemies in the area after they get soaked? Maybe we should try it out.

You don't know how they would interact. You could certainly experiment with different combinations if you had the time and inclination.

Nevill said:
Does Freezing Wind interact with our other two elemental spells in any way?

Possibly but again you can't be sure what will happen till you try. Experimentation can lead to innovation as the dwarves will tell you! Of course it can also lead to wild and very unstable magical storms that could liquefy all three of them in a matter of seconds... :lol:

Nevill

Arcane
Well we tried it on the Shade, didn't we? Nothing spectacular happened, though. :(

Not taking any chances you unload on him with a greater firebolt. The spell tears through the rock, it claws up the earth, ignites the air and slams into him with the terrifying roar of some ancient predator.

Mere seconds after it strikes home a second spell crashes into the mage. Lightning rips narrow cracks in the mountainside as a greater energy bolt leaps and bounds toward the mage. The spell booms in your ears as it connects.

The archmage wobbles on his feet as the flames burn about him and sparks arch across his body.

Slowly his hand moves an inch, somehow he is still alive and still trying to cast.

The taste of frost and magic dances across your tongue and you shiver as a desperately cold wind begins to blow. Chunks of ice, some as big as you fist, pelt the mage. A few bounce off harmlessly but most punch deep holes in his wavering form.

He takes a step towards your racing chariots, then he takes a single step back before his legs burn through and break off at the knees. He tips backward and unravels as he strikes the ground.

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
Well we tried it on the Shade, didn't we? Nothing spectacular happened, though. :(

Timing is everything. You will notice though that each of the spells hit the Shade separately (you were not yet skilled enough to pull off a synchronized attack from the back of a moving chariot while in a bit of a panic). To get the desired effects (like Heat Bolt) you have to time it so that the spells have time to latch onto each other and fuse together before they strike their target and unleash their payload.

If you want a good example of both uses of spells then look at the necromancer you killed during Few Against Many. You sheered off one arm with a regular (red) firebolt, then Thaïs shaved off the other with a (blue) energy bolt. Finally you both hit him at the same time with a (purple) combined spell (heat bolt as it is now known) that popped him like a bubble.

If you want to combine spells into group techniques it will take practice to get it right consistently.

Nevill

Arcane
Interesting. Opinios are a bit polarized on the last choice. I wonder why is that. Didn't Jan know this already? I believe we have told him about the Goddess and her sisters, and even named the Demon Princes of the Dreaming.

The only undisclosed fact was the identity of the Fallen Lord, if I recall, which Jan assumes to be some dwarven associate of the Goddess.

Given how close Jan and Timo are, I don't think it is much of a secret anymore.

Or do we not want his help when it comes to digging info on the wyrm? But I am turning to him precisely because the information about it is hard to come by. I guess we might be able to try Morpheus and the One-Who-Waits.

Also, what do you bros think about giving Lyssa a say in how the kids are educated, not just Berty, and allowing them to put their effort where they feel they would be of more use? Dwarven commandos are good, but we can shape these kids into anything, so I thought it might be useful to train them for high-profile civilian jobs, too - engineers, researchers, diplomats, accountants, and maybe even some mages as well.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Quick questions to Morpheus, as I assume we have had a conversation in the Dreaming.

Can he give us a list of cultist names from Hallr? I am especially interested in whoever attended the parties that Rand was seen at. Even if Hallr does not remember what Rand himself was doing, he should be able to remember the other participants. We need this list by tomorrow to leave instructions to our men before we leave.

Can we describe to him the creature that made contact with us and ask him who or what that was?

Is there a less messy version of the ritual, one that does not require drenching everything in blood? Can we eventually power the portal with our own power?

How does the accounting work?

For example, if we trade TWM to Morpheus, and he is worth 2000 IPs, are they split between us and Nanshe with a 3-to-1 ratio? Or is this one a special case measured not in IPs, but in individual 'wishes', and each mage would be able to wish for whatever they want if Morpheus is able to provide it?

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
Can he give us a list of cultist names from Hallr?

He can try to get it for you before you leave tomorrow. If he succeeds I will put it in the update since you will have a chance to talk to him in the next update if you want.

Nevill said:
Can we describe to him the creature that made contact with us and ask him who or what that was?

The this was careful. It did not leave much of a qualitative impression on Derryth's mind beyond a slight hiss and the impression of relaxed and self-confident power. Unfortunately that general description fits three quarters of the beings Morpheus knows. You will have to learn more before he can help you.

Nevill said:
Is there a less messy version of the ritual, one that does not require drenching everything in blood? Can we eventually power the portal with our own power?

It will always be messy as the gate is built from corpses (death being a close relative of sleep and all that), the blood was simply there to help the three of you channel the spell. If you had more skilled mages on hand you could probably do without it and if you get strong enough you could open it by yourself (Mazzarin would have no problem doing so for example).

Nevill said:
How does the accounting work?

It would depend on how Derryth want to run things. Technically there are two agreements.

The first is between Morpheus and the Lost as a group, 2000IPs for the TWM. As the leader of the group Derryth could choose to keep all of those 2000IPs for herself or she could choose to share them equally with Thaïs and Lyssa as her partners in this (even though Lyssa is not a partner in the larger organization). She could also choose to spit it other ways (for example D&T each get 1000IPs and Lys gets nothing). The choice is ultimately yours, not Morpheus'. If you choose to learn something like the Nightmare or musical magic though, Morpheus will teach as many mages in your group as you like but he will want to conduct the lessons as a group. It will be risky for him to do this so he will hold 'class' when he can do so without being caught. That will mean that everyone that wants to learn will have to do so together or not at all.

Lesser wishes can be spent more freely and tailored to specific individuals without any problem.

The second agreement is between Morpheus and Nanshe and you are not privy to the details of it.

Nevill

Arcane
What does the Nightmare of his essentially does?
It is an old spell and it is what lets him do what he does within the Dreaming (why he would need a spell to control his own 'realm' is a completely different story he refuses to tell you). It would not make you as powerful as he is, as he is a stronger spell-caster than you are but it would let you do many of the things he can do; find people in dreams, move between dreams, build things from the base substances of the plane, and so on. He is willing to teach you at least some of it in exchange for your help though how much he will teach you will likely depend on how much he trusts you.

Yeah, I know that it allows us to do the same things Morpheus can, only on a lesser scale. But how does it work? Does it project our body into the Dreaming? Do we have to go through the gate portal to be able to utilize it? Or can it be accessed in our sleep? Are we in any danger from the creatures of the Dreaming or other parties while using this spell?

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
Yeah, I know that it allows us to do the same things Morpheus can, only on a lesser scale. But how does it work?

You won't know how it really works until he teaches it to you.

Nevill said:
Does it project our body into the Dreaming?

In the form you are most likely to use it, it takes you mind/soul/what-have-you and transports it to the Dreaming (sort of like the rift the Oneiroi managed to open). Once there you would have the same abilites Morpheus has only on a smaller scale.

Nevill said:
Do we have to go through the gate portal to be able to utilize it?

No, you do not have to but if you did you would still benefit from knowing the Nightmare as it would grant your physical body the same advantages that it grants your astral/mental one.

Nevill said:
Or can it be accessed in our sleep?

It can not be used when you are sleeping/dreaming. Your waking mind must actually enter the Dreaming.

Nevill said:
Are we in any danger from the creatures of the Dreaming or other perties while using this spell?

Sure, if you do something to anger the wrong individuals, you will not be invulnerable or anything (strictly speaking even Morpheus is not invulnerable or you would not have found him nailed to the floor of the Oneiroi fort). IT is not a liscence to act with impunity.

And if you do leave your bodies in the physical realm then they will be exposed to any enemies that might wish you harm in your world as one would expect.

Fangshi

Arcane
Well, that should do it.

Votes are closed, your winning options are:

1.A You will not push the issue with Timo either because you trust him or because you do not want to antagonize him.

2.A You will dance with the one that brung ya, and continue to work with the King.

3.Ai You will go see the Brothers for supplies and possibly armour or more

4.B You will not take any extra mages.

5.A In a show of unanimity you will not poke your nose into the Seekers affairs.

6.B You will let Ajiak try to grow into his role as leader of the Boys

7.D The Boys will relocate to Fort Blackrock for training. Some of Hesse's guards will be recalled though the lord himself and his close followers will remain.

8.Bv Lyssa and Berty will look after the children, they will hire suitable tutors based on their talents.

9.G You will keep Lady Grey on as your partner and offer her advise on how to win Ceannard's heart.

10. In another act of unanimity you will contact Ceannard about working more closely with the Arrows.

11. You will take all the funds you received from acquiring the Greys and all the money Mayer lent you and you will put it towards paying down your debt to the Goldsmiths. (800 WPs)

12. You will inform Timo about what you learnt from Jan's tablet. You will ask him to look into this Wyrm of 'Flame and Shadow'.

I might not have time to finish an update before I go out tonight so the update may have to wait until tomorrow morning. It should be out within twenty four hours though as it will be closer to a standard length update than the monstrosity that was chapter 60.

I will probably post the Interlude twenty four hours or so after chapter 61 goes live just to keep them from bunching up too much.

Nevill

Arcane
Just for curiosity's sake.

Since we've met the Seekers, I would like to know what kind of services they can offer. I am interested in what tactical choices are available to us, i.e. what kind of magic/spell schools they specialize in. Just a general overview so that we would know what to expect of them.

Numbers: Twenty Battlemages and an unknown number of unknown 'guardians'
Also, what are these 'guardians' they keep mentioning, and how many of them they will bring along?

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
Since we've met the Seekers, I would like to know what kind of services they can offer. I am interested in what tactical choices are available to us, i.e. what kind of magic they specialize in. Just a general overview so that we would know what to expect of them.

As battle mages they specialize in direct damage spells. They know a lot about elemental magic, particularly metal, wind, water and earth which makes them very effective in the mountains and desert that make up much of the Kingdom. They all have at least a few single target direct damage spells and the more experienced members also have AOE spells. They can also do less directly aggressive things. They can call up sandstorms (which can be useful if quite dangerous), they can draw water from deep under the earth (useful if you can't find an oasis) and they can strengthen the weapons and armour of their guardians as well.

Nevill said:
Also, what are this 'guardians' they keep mentioning, and how many of them they will bring along?

It is said that the guardians were once human but are human no longer and none know how they came to ally themselves with the Seekers. When you ask the Old Man he merely grins, a lopsided and hideous thing, and reminds you of the two methods by which you can learn their secrets.

From what you can piece together, the Guardians follow the Seekers and act as their protectors. Each Seeker is paired with a guardian and it is the Guardian's job to ensure their Seeker comes to no harm. Those Guardians who fail take their own lives. You do not know what happen to Seekers that lose their Guardians but they do not seem to die/commit suicide from what little you can tell.

Physically the Guardians have the proportions of humans (same general height and build and the same number of limbs from what you can tell) but they are also constantly wrapped in heavy cloaks so it is difficult to say what they actually look like. They do not seem to speak or acknowledge instructions from anyone but their own Seeker and they have a vague magical aura about them though they do not strike you as skilled mages in their own right.

The Old Man tells you not to pay attention to them and not to talk to them; he says no good will come of it. He also attempts to reassure you, telling you that they are expert fighters and will not be a burden on your journey.

They will bring one for every Seeker as they are paired for life.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
If Lyssa is looking after the kids with Berty does that mean we are leaving her behind when we go south?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom