Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mystic Land: The Search for Maphaldo - Old school RPG inspired by W7 and EoB

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Immediate day 1 purchase! Great work
It is great how the graphics are inspired by the past games but do not use tired cliche'd faux-pixelart.

lvl 2 Blue Slime

Educated
Immediate day 1 purchase! Great work
It is great how the graphics are inspired by the past games but do not use tired cliche'd faux-pixelart.
It's weird how so many indie games claim to be "retro" or "classic" yet their art style looks nothing like the old games they claim to emulate. Not RPGs but Shovel Knight and Sonic Mania are the only ones I can think of that genuinely look like NES/SNES games. Grimoire is probably an exception because its graphics were originally made to run on DOS-IBM PCs.

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
Another small demo - this time I show the skill "Mich-An-Pot".
If you have the right ingredients, the recipe and a bit of skill, you can make many interesting things (not only potions!)

Baron Tahn

Scholar
This is looking great, good luck with the project. Probably a Day 1 purchase from me as well if I can rip the time away from the jaws of everyday life.

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
Another short video posted on Twitter/X (this one won't go on YT as it's too short).
Just a demo of water in the game (and a proof that it's worth it to invest a few points in swimming skill ;) )

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
Another small video - this time I show the "Wardance" skill.
Wardance is a powerful weapon against enemies, but can only be learned by Himsha Jester.

When mastered, this skill will affect ALL enemy groups, dealing damage and negative effects (like insanity, sleep, ...) left, right and centre.

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
Hey guys,

Just posted another teaser on X/Twitter.

A failed experiment of T'Phran and Khathathra, Bilebite is a rat beast with sharp claws covered in corrosive venom.
Can you find the courage to find this beast and put it out of it's misery? It could well be worth it in the end, but the beast is not easy to find, and can also prove quite challenging if you venture to it's lair too soon.

scr1_bilebite_360p.png

Otherwise, the game is progressing well. Mostly adding content for the last few weeks.
Will have quite a lot of new material to show in the near future.

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
I got asked here, if the cities will be explorable (like other areas) or more like a "hub".
As I said back then, each city in Mystic Land is just another area (map) you walk through and explore.

Here is a sample screenshot (as I'm just working on this one).

scr3_city_360.png

covr

Prophet
Patron
I got asked here, if the cities will be explorable (like other areas) or more like a "hub".
As I said back then, each city in Mystic Land is just another area (map) you walk through and explore.

Here is a sample screenshot (as I'm just working on this one).

View attachment 48266
This is nice. However I miss a bit the other approach to towns/hubs - a scene with some objects or buildings to interact, like in Wizards and Warriors or Demise:Rise of Ku'tan. It requires a bit more art of good quality, but gave a comfy feeling of being safe.

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
A little demonstration of "Tho-Hai-Doh" skill in action.
This skill can be very powerful once your character puts some points in it and even stronger monsters (although not all of them) can be vulnerable to it!

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
fkin great art for this game

im sick of characters with big heads/eyes and white donkey teeth

covr

Prophet
Patron
SirBlabsAlot A friendly advice - you should drop 'early pre-alpha' notification from your videos and screenshots. Early pre-alpha for most of the modern games means a tech demo phase or an interactive mock-up. It's basically a red light for a number of potential customers, as most of the games do not get released or are many years from 1.0. And I assume that Mystic Land should be released in around a year from now.

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
SirBlabsAlot A friendly advice - you should drop 'early pre-alpha' notification from your videos and screenshots. Early pre-alpha for most of the modern games means a tech demo phase or an interactive mock-up. It's basically a red light for a number of potential customers, as most of the games do not get released or are many years from 1.0. And I assume that Mystic Land should be released in around a year from now.
You have a point, and I agree.

Game advanced from the pre-alpha stage quite a bit already, so I'll start adding the "Alpha version" tag at the bottom.
I just don't want people to think that what is shown is exactly what they will get - there are still stuff missing and there are still some placeholders here and there.

But yeh - we are quite far from "Pre-Alpha" now.

I think mechanics are about 85-90% done, and then what is left is the content (this is the big one) and balancing the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom