Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

My Kaiserreich dilemma

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
I'm in the middle of a Kaiserreich game as the Combined Syndicates of America. I've just defeated Canada, giving me control of the entire former USA, as well as installing a puppet government in Canada. Throughout this game, Germany and the Commune of France have been locked into a WWI style conflict, with the front remaining static after the Commune annexed Flanders-Wallonia. Recently, however, the Germans have broken through and the Commune seems to be losing the war. I'd like to help out, as I'm a member of the Internationale faction, but I don't really know the best way to go about it. My airforce is alright, but I've been neglecting naval research and expansion for most of the game. I do however a pretty awesome army, almost half of which is comprised of up-to-date medium armor and mech infantry, with plenty of SP artillery. I have a good deal of transports I could use to bring my troops over to Europe, I'm worried about my obsolete navy getting wiped out along the way (although this may not be a problem, as I would imagine UoB and Commune navies have the north Atlantic under control by now). So does anyone have any advice on how I could rescue the Commune and begin to take out Mitteleuropa?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Bring the majority of your force to reinforce the French and repel the German attack. Have the tanks blitz through the Wallonian border where the Germans have no fortifications, allowing you to cut off their front.

The Mitteleuropa navy won't be a problem. The game tries to set it up so that German Empire would get its IC gimped and stuck at building a proper fleet (though it usually fails at that due to the negative IC modifier vanishing because of the Vietnamese bastards). Regardless, the Kriegsmarine is no match for the Republican Navy. Just send in the transports through a safe route, but use your obsolete navy to check the route is secure. Speed is the key here, transports go in, drop the troops at Bretagne, transports fuck off back to Kwa for moar troops.

The French and British should be able to have decent air superiority already, so bring yours to bare for a decisive advantage.

panzertoter

Arcane
Or first try to capture German part of Africa, it could be a great base for future operations.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Nah, just load for your TP and delaying the important matters at hand. Because you are part of the Internationale, you already have ports to work as your bases.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom