Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MW2 Black Ops to include dedicated servers!

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Angthoron said:
Interestingly, the comments on that article are readable without much rage, and most of the posters even bash a casual sheepie that stumbles across.
1195027-abxw9_super.png

It doesn't matter what they say, they'll all fall in line anyway.

MapMan

Arcane
You just wait untill someone claims they have new and innovative feature called "dedicated servers".

Angthoron

Arcane
Won't they call them Super Nodes for Online Multiplayer Games or something? I don't think "dedicated server" is a next-gen enough term.

Also, what a great way of boycotting!

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Are you lot fucking stupid? Server boxes don't grow on trees.

Those prices are on par with other dedicated server providers, and i'm guessing none of you played BF2 either.

Phelot

Arcane
fizzelopeguss said:

Those prices are on par with other dedicated server providers, and i'm guessing none of you played BF2 either.

The problem is that the dedicated servers are only through one company who hopefully will allow customizations, but there's no guarantee of that. So what's the excuse? Probably isn't one.

They should just fucking allow anyone to host a dedicated server.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Isn't 'dedicated server' a piece of software that lets you host the game anywhere, including your PC?

Hard to believe this I know

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
fizzelopeguss said:
Of course they don't. Dedicated servers, on the other hand...
MetalCraze said:
a piece of software that lets you host the game anywhere, including your PC
... do grow on trees.

If the developers allow them to.

Phelot

Arcane
I meant that they should allow folks to pick their own game server company or to host their own, none of this "have to use gameservers.com" bullshit which there will likely be quick fixes to get around this. Then there will be "illegal game servers" running all over the country.

Angthoron

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
Isn't 'dedicated server' a piece of software that lets you host the game anywhere, including your PC?

Hard to believe this I know

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS COD SUCKS ASS IT IS NOTHING LIKE ARMA WHICH IS A COMPLETE PEICE OF SHIT BUT IS COOL CAUSE NOBODY ELSE LIKES IT

BROS THE SHEEPOLE ARE JUST GONNA DO WHATEVER THE MAN SAYS LOLLOLOL LETS SAY YOU WERE IN A COMMUNBITY THAT HATES MOST NEW GAMES I BET THE STUPID SHEEPLE WOULD GO RIGHT ALONG WITH THEM LOLLOLLOL STUPID SHEEPLE BROS WE ARE SO SMART BECAUSE WE LIKE GAMES MOST PEOPLE DONT LOLLOLLOOLOL

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
SO TRUE BRO I SAW PEOPLE AT MCDONALD ACTUALLY EATING THERE LOLLOLLOL SHEEPLE WILL EAT ANY SHIT PUT OUT BY CORPORATIONS

Destroid

Arcane
I guess game publishers have decided they cbf to pay for servers for their own game these days?

EDIT: Woah did MW2 on pc seriously have no dedicated servers? So your host was whoever with whatever fucking hardware?

Retarded.

MetalCraze

Arcane
BLOBERT said:
SO TRUE BRO I SAW PEOPLE AT MCDONALD ACTUALLY EATING THERE LOLLOLLOL SHEEPLE WILL EAT ANY SHIT PUT OUT BY CORPORATIONS

I'm sure they were just boycotting McDonald's

Rogue

Educated
Rip *COUGH* *COUGH* off *COUGH* *SNEEZE* RIPOFF *COUGH* RIP *WARCRY* OFF *COUGH*

Oh my, well do excuse me. The air in here is so stale.

Btw., for some reason I got an email, that was addressed to the Codex forums. I have no idea what it means. It says: "our reports indicate that the bitch fanboys will gladly fork over the moneyz".

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO SKYWAY SO TRUE MCDONALD IN THE US ARE CROWDED BY PROTESTERS I AM SURE THE CODEX WAS AMNONG THEM CLAMORING FORN DECEC=NT FOOD THAT THE AVERAGE SHEEPLE FUCK WOULD NOT KNOW ENOUGH TO LIKE

Cassidy

Arcane
McDonalds is a conditioning for the manboons to have a slightly less small chance of surviving ITZ by getting used to the taste of worm meat.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS SO TRUE LLOLLLOLLOL RPG PLAYERS ARE TOO BUSY WITH FOIE GRAS MATCHED WITH A RED WINE BUT FIRST THE BELUGA APPETIZER CAUSE YOU NEED SMART FOOD TO MAKE RESTORATIIONS ON THE MONA LISA BECAUSE YOU NBEED TO RELIEVE STRESS WHEN DESIGNING ROCKETS GETS TOO HARD

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom