Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Multipolar gaming forums

agris

Arcane
Patron
Inspired by this very bad thread, I head a (hopefully) good idea.

Keeping with the spirit of the times the Codex should divide it's gaming section according to civilizational poles, ofc. attenuated somewhat by the particular history of video games.

I propose a division like so:
  • Japanese gaming (Resident Evil, Dark Souls, Mario etc.)
  • Asian gaming (Genshin Impact, Ho Tu Lo Shu, Girls Frontline etc.)
  • American gaming (Doom, Starcraft, Thief, Jagged Alliance, Heroes of Might and Magic etc.)
  • British gaming (e.g. Wipeout, Tomb Raider, Perfect Dark, Chaos Engine etc.)
  • Western European gaming (e.g. Crusader Kings, Divinity Original Sin etc.)
  • Eastern European gaming (e.g. Witcher, Space Rangers, Pathologic etc.)
Then each of those can be broken down into the common genres for those cultures (e.g. there's no need to have an RTS or FPS subforum for Japan, but DRPG and SRPG? that would make sense).
when i hear multipolar, I immediately think modders.

do we need a ~just modder things~ forum?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I don't think it matters much whether I use adblock here or on any other forum.
a2NwLmpwZw

Norfleet

when i hear multipolar, I immediately think modders.
That's just bipolar. Number of polarities isn't actually a benefit, anyway. People should stick with being monopolar. Pick one and stick with it.

Modron

Arcane
We should have 195 gaming forums for each country. Licorice, please never stop being who you are, you are a gem.
That kind of autism has its place, I've always wished Moby Games would let you search for games developed by country instead of just having autists make incomplete lists on wikipedia for only a handful of countries. But as a forum system? No thanks.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
We should have 195 gaming forums for each country. Licorice, please never stop being who you are, you are a gem.
That kind of autism has its place, I've always wished Moby Games would let you search for games developed by country instead of just having autists make incomplete lists on wikipedia for only a handful of countries. But as a forum system? No thanks.
Rain Man's hyperfocused brilliance autismo vs Licorice's room-temperature IQ autismo

Nutmeg

Arcane
Vatnik Wumao
Thinking about it some more, modern AAA Anglosphere games and games from studios like Ubisoft belong in some kind of soulless, culture less corporate globohomo pole, seperate from the actual civilizational poles.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Thinking about it some more, modern AAA Anglosphere games and games from studios like Ubisoft belong in some kind of soulless, culture less corporate globohomo pole, seperate from the actual civilizational poles.
I see you're using 100% of your brain power

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
This is a thing I'm aiming to fix with the List of RPGs thread and why I told Abu Antar to add "Country of Origin" as a piece of information. I'm tracking it all in an excel doc right now so eventually, when enough games are added, I'll make it public so everyone can sort by country along with the other typical stuff like year, tags, etc.

Those wikipedia lists annoy me beyond belief when I'm focusing on specific countries when making entries and it's missing everything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom