Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Multipolar gaming forums

Nutmeg

Arcane
Vatnik Wumao
That kind of autism has its place, I've always wished Moby Games would let you search for games developed by country instead of just having autists make incomplete lists on wikipedia for only a handful of countries. But as a forum system? No thanks.
This is a thing I'm aiming to fix with the List of RPGs thread and why I told Abu Antar to add "Country of Origin" as a piece of information. I'm tracking it all in an excel doc right now so eventually, when enough games are added, I'll make it public so everyone can sort by country along with the other typical stuff like year, tags, etc.
Why don't you just use CRPG addict's list? It has country of origin IIRC.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Why don't you just use CRPG addict's list? It has country of origin IIRC.
I do use it for reference, but it has many problems.

1. I'd say a good half of his list doesn't qualify as RPGs, I cut it down by hundreds within 30 minutes (and that didn't fix the problem when I decided to do a more in depth look at specific years)

2. His list only goes up to ~2013 (Hell, I've done over 60 entries for 2014 alone so far)

3. I've added many games on my own already that aren't on his list, so even if I copy pasted I still need to do a lot of additions myself

4. A large portion of country of origin, developer, year, release date, etc. entries are just straight up incorrect because it's pulled directly from MobyGames. Makes sense considering most games he won't get to for many years, so he doesn't need to care too much. If I'm being conservative, a good 20% of them are straight up incorrect. For example, there was one I just found today that I copied directly from his list which listed an American made game as Russian.

The list I'm doing is also something that I'm creating to a have a lot more functionality than just a to-do list for someone who is going down and playing each one. It's definitely helped me, but I still need to check every single thing there to verify correctness. That doesn't even go into the time it takes to do enough research to confirm if I can count it as an RPG, curated tags, finding country of origin for very obscure games (I've gotten lucky on some and found developers on LinkedIn to ask questions), etc. and adding relavent links/codex threads/formatting for the thread Abu Antar started.

Last edited:

Nutmeg

Arcane
Vatnik Wumao
CRPG addict seems to have died. I was hoping he'd finish all Anglosphere RPGs up to 1995 or so. Oh well. RIP.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom