Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

oldbonebrown

Arcane
This was a "big" patch so it's somewhat fine. They should just do it less often though, make even bigger changes before releasing mod-breaking updates.

Fuck 1.2.8, that's a beta until it's 1.3

Last edited:

MerchantKing

Learned
They need to stop patching it so mods stop breaking
THEY NEED TO FINISH THE DAMN GAME
Don't worry. They learned how to make a game from Todd Howard!
tEMYD1P.jpg

goregasm

Scholar
I don't...I don't hate it, but man. Mile wide, foot deep.

I have contributed to a handful of warband mods over the years, and still fire up viking conquest every month or so, and the difference in the level of interactivity, even on native is wild. Not to say warband was this deep groundbreaking thing, but it found it's niche, and had systems in place to expand on.

Bannerlord has things going for it. I think it's modularity ala skyrim is huge, could end up better than warbands full overhauls, obviously graphics, but man last I played (5 months ago) it was just..lacking once you scratched the surface.

It's still good for mindless fun. Throw RBM on it and the battles are even better imo, but until they stop developing it the big game changing mods aren't coming.

Native warband has it's defenders, but without the modding community that sprang up, I can't see M&B and later Warband becoming what it is.

Zanzoken

Arcane
They need to stop patching it so mods stop breaking
THEY NEED TO FINISH THE DAMN GAME
Don't worry. They learned how to make a game from Todd Howard!
tEMYD1P.jpg

Even Todd is smart enough to know that if people want to volunteer to fix your shitty game (thus making you more $$$ for free) then you should at least make it easier for them to do so.

These dumbfuck Turks can't even figure that much out.

Aemar

Arcane
This reminds me of the Gekokujo mod, which was great, even though I'm not that much of a fan of the setting.

Zariusz

Arbiter
I think at this point Bannerlord mods must be ambitious to make up for those 4 years without any proper total conversions. If all those total conversion that are currently worked on will be just basic it would feel quite disappointing, on the other hand Warband had both ambitious mods and simple reskins, and even being a reskin was not bad since you got whole new map, setting and armour so even those mods were quite fun. There was so much to choose from, and Bannerlord still cant compete in this regard ehh...

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
The alpha for that Warhammer conversion seems to have a lot of promise. I'm looking forward to more complete versions of it.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Noble Knights! A kinsman didst bestow upon me this game 3 or 4 days yestreen, and since that revelation I have been ensnared, dedicating no less than fourteen hours each day unto its play.

In this game, I have taken to wife a dame who hath bested me in tournaments full many a time, have begotten a child, have sworn fealty to a king ceaseless in warring. He hath granted unto me cities and castles, raising me to a landed knight :o, and I wage valorous battles for him. I have marshalled hosts into the fray, mastering the art of war's manoeuvres, thinking with swiftness to position my men so as to spare their lives. I have ventured into sundry trades and have even taken up the hammer and anvil. God willing, this pastime shall endure for a great while.

:shredder:

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I just started a new game after a long absence, and I appear to have been auto-assigned a banner. Am I crazy, or was that part of the character creation before?

Edit: That comes a little later

Last edited:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I just started a new game after a long absence, and I appear to have been auto-assigned a banner. Am I crazy, or was that part of the character creation before?

In Warband, if you start as a son of a noble, you make yourself a banner at character creator.
In Bannerlord, you get to make a banner when you reach certain level of renown iirc.

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Where does a fella get a fancy hat for his formal attire these days?
I think you're looking at most of the options already.

For weapons, there's a really good craftable two-handed sword that goes with civilian wear. I haven't played in a while, and maybe the new blocking system makes that sword a lot less useful, but man did that thing chop up guards during prison breaks.

Perkel

Arcane

In Warband, if you start as a son of a noble, you make yourself a banner at character creator.
In Bannerlord, you get to make a banner when you reach certain level of renown iirc.

Ton of things were taken from Prophecy of Pendor mod for warband (and imho best m&b experience there could be).
Imho they should do low fantasy spin off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom