Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Zariusz that sucks. How did that happen?
I wish i known, the only thing that i can imagine is that autosaves got overwritten by newer ones but i also quite often used save feature in menu... unless those are functionally identical besides name and what i should do is used "save as". But its still weird because as far as i know Bannerlord keeps saves from different campaigns separate and here my whole campaign just disappeared, i have later runs that i did for some quick testing and earlier ancient ones from the times of beta.
Are the saves completely gone from the "Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves" directory?

Zariusz

Arbiter
Zariusz that sucks. How did that happen?
I wish i known, the only thing that i can imagine is that autosaves got overwritten by newer ones but i also quite often used save feature in menu... unless those are functionally identical besides name and what i should do is used "save as". But its still weird because as far as i know Bannerlord keeps saves from different campaigns separate and here my whole campaign just disappeared, i have later runs that i did for some quick testing and earlier ancient ones from the times of beta.
Are the saves completely gone from the "Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves" directory?
Yes, only those new saveauto1(2,3 etc.) files from latest test run are there in folder, i believe that since i used "save" option in menu there should be also save001(002,003etc.) files but i only have two of those in that folder (one few days older than start of my campaign and one from over a year ago).

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
My only guess would be that the save files may have ended up somewhere else due to some windows config issue. I'd try searching the entire computer for .sav files.

Üstad

Arcane
Khan's Guard are without a doubt the best troops on the battlefield. But in the late game, I find it difficult to run around the world buying up all the warhorses I need to keep my armies filled with Khan's Guard. If I'm assaulting a castle, I don't want to lose expensive cavalry. I'll sacrifice legionaries, but not top-tier cavalry. And if I'm going to leave troops in a garrison, I want to leave fians.
Yeah that's their oly weakness. Even in M&B Warband Khergits sucked at sieges.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Unlike in historical battles, in M&B you can't really just raid around the countryside, either looting everything, or daring the other army to come out in the open. Looting takes so much longer than rallying your troops to maneuver, and distances between cities and armies are so much shorter compared to loot times.
So yeah, cavalry is just bad in a siege, as you can't make use of it to loot or forage, like you would in real life, and enemies would sally out to meet you in front of the gates.

Üstad

Arcane
Unlike in historical battles, in M&B you can't really just raid around the countryside, either looting everything, or daring the other army to come out in the open. Looting takes so much longer than rallying your troops to maneuver, and distances between cities and armies are so much shorter compared to loot times.
So yeah, cavalry is just bad in a siege, as you can't make use of it to loot or forage, like you would in real life, and enemies would sally out to meet you in front of the gates.
Well good thing you can't otherwise it would be too OP. Also Mongols weren't senseless horseback raiders, after getting experience in China and Central Asia they learned tons of experience in siegecraft. Played with gunpowder before it was cool even.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Khan's guards are actually quite effective in sieges, even though they're on foot. They're good enough archers that they can shoot the defenders off the wall better than the garrison archers can hit them in the empty field. The only downside is how much of a pain it is to replace their losses when you're on the other side of the map.

oldbonebrown

Arcane
oldbonebrown you prefer when your character has sex with the prisoners he captured. I just want to make sure I understood that clearly.

:updatedmytxt:

Yes I want rape to be a gameplay feature, as a part of wanting the game to be overall much more brutal. It's part of the marauding warband experience.
I especially think it should be an option when pillaging towns, making it so that you can ethnically replace populations over time.

Last edited:

Zariusz

Arbiter
Ehh it seems that save is lost forever, well at least i remembered my companion names, armors and what i had in my loot vault so i can recreate it with cheat menu. During my run i aquired lots of high end equipment (market goods refresh rate is a fucking bitch, it takes ages to get new stuff in shops) and i was quite proud of my party look. I played with Open Source Armory Installed if anyone is curious about certain armor pieces.

pNblDim.png
From left to right, my character, older brother, younger brother, Isilcred the Smith, Dorion the Scholar, Themestios the Silent, (i forgot his name) the Surgeon, Prynden the Ironbelly

oldbonebrown

Arcane
My first kid came of age today. I really like all the cutscenes they have added, been a while since I saw a new one.
It's a bit silly just how long it takes for children to grow old. Why can't I take my 8 year old sons into battle to train them with the bow on some peasants?

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
oldbonebrown you prefer when your character has sex with the prisoners he captured. I just want to make sure I understood that clearly.

:updatedmytxt:

Yes I want rape to be a gameplay feature, as a part of wanting the game to be overall much more brutal. It's part of the marauding warband experience.
I especially think it should be an option when pillaging towns, making it so that you can ethnically replace populations over time.
Find captivity events on loverslab

Zariusz

Arbiter
After a whole day i recreated almost all of companions from that save, while getting my stuff back and editing my character stats and level was easy with cheatmenu and console commands, finding "them" required fixing two problems. First and the main problem was the fact that of course, companions with the same culture and background didnt spawn, while new ones ocasionally appeared during the game it took them many months or even years to spawn. Second was companion limit connected to clan level.
While there are no cheats that allow you to spawn new companions, the game after some short time automatically spawns new ones to replace killed or kicked out companions so all i had to do was to keep recruiting and removing companions from my clan and wait for a good candidate. To fix my limited companion count i had to rush clan levels by jumping from one tournament to another (with my skills it was 18 renown per one tournament), it was long but not as long as i expected.
Thanks to screenshot i posted in this thread i was able to recreate their faces, interestingly they were almost identical to ones from the screenshot, i guess that Bannerlord's companion generation is tied with culture and background leaving less place for randomisation.
I kinda feel like some awakened ancient wizard that tries to regain his past by kindaping certain matching people and magically warping their flesh and minds into an image of his long dead friends. Now i only have to wait for younger brother to grow and for ocassion to recapture Varcheg or siege my favourite looking city in the north - Varnovapol.
:positive:

boot

Prophet
Started playing this after putting in more than 1500 hours in Warband and I like it! Runs on my laptop somehow. Just got out of a huge battle as a Battanian mercenary against Western Empire where I was peppering their formation with arrows from horseback and cleaving enemy cavalry in half with a custom made huge twohanded sword. We lost the fight anyway but I killed many.

Only, I've run into a problem. Not sure what to do with smithing. It seems like the only way to make significant money, workshops and caravans yearly profits can be surpassed with only a single character smithing for one day. I have two campaigns now, both characters used smithing to earn their first million and it was done in a year or two.

Do you guys ignore this feature? Seems if you did there would be much more focus on balancing your books and you wouldn't be able to spam tier 6 units, money would remain tight.

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
boot smithing is perhaps the best-known way to make millions. There are other ways though. There's an exploit that takes advantage of arbitrage between a town and a caravan trying to enter the town. And you can get the perk that lets horses in your inventory breed. If you can get a bunch of noble horses in your inventory, then you can just travel around and sell some horses every time you stop at a town, and never have to worry about money again.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Started playing this after putting in more than 1500 hours in Warband and I like it! Runs on my laptop somehow. Just got out of a huge battle as a Battanian mercenary against Western Empire where I was peppering their formation with arrows from horseback and cleaving enemy cavalry in half with a custom made huge twohanded sword. We lost the fight anyway but I killed many.

Only, I've run into a problem. Not sure what to do with smithing. It seems like the only way to make significant money, workshops and caravans yearly profits can be surpassed with only a single character smithing for one day. I have two campaigns now, both characters used smithing to earn their first million and it was done in a year or two.

Do you guys ignore this feature? Seems if you did there would be much more focus on balancing your books and you wouldn't be able to spam tier 6 units, money would remain tight.

Smithing is probably the easiest way, although I never messed with it. Money won't be an issue once you have a force strong enough to defeat lord parties because the upper tier weapons, armor, and other items that you'll loot from them are absurdly overpriced.

Also throwing yourself into big army battles is generally not worth it. If there's a big fight happening, wait until it resolves, then swoop in and chase down a few stragglers to pick off. Or if you're strong enough, wipe the remainder of the enemy force. Then you'll end up with the lion's share of the prisoners and loot.

oldbonebrown

Arcane
It is a big oversight how little is done with Banners in the game
How is there no significance to taking down your enemy's banner? How is it not a goal of sieges to raise your Banner on the conquered walls? Why do faction leaders not have legendary Banners that give their troops gnarly bonuses? Give Derthert a banner that makes his horses go a good 30% faster so that you notice when you're up against a King
I want more Banner action, I can't even find any mods that adds stronger Banners

Akachi

Educated
How is there no significance to taking down your enemy's banner? How is it not a goal of sieges to raise your Banner on the conquered walls? Why do faction leaders not have legendary Banners that give their troops gnarly bonuses? Give Derthert a banner that makes his horses go a good 30% faster so that you notice when you're up against a King
I want more Banner action, I can't even find any mods that adds stronger Banners
Why would you expect anything to do with banners in a game called Bannerlord?

Frumentum

Literate
This is a good idea, but they should be more nuanced with the mechanics than just flat buffs.

boot

Prophet
Put more time in and now I wish the game was less dull. I can't get into the end game. I reach a point where I get tired of fighting and start over. Feels more like a crushing grind than a fun sandbox but maybe this is just because I'm a slow player. The attribute/perk/focus point system is an abomination compared to Warband's more simple one.

oldbonebrown

Arcane
When the thrill of conquest wears off and decadence sets in you start riding into combat on a camel wearing a dress

Or when you eventually do start over you set arbitrary restrictions. I'm having a lot of fun right now with a no horses run, using the RBM + Do Re Militari mods. I'm also playing around with how to "speedrun" executing all kings.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Put more time in and now I wish the game was less dull. I can't get into the end game. I reach a point where I get tired of fighting and start over. Feels more like a crushing grind than a fun sandbox but maybe this is just because I'm a slow player. The attribute/perk/focus point system is an abomination compared to Warband's more simple one.
It is super grindy game. Big battles mean little because they get another big army by the time you move to their nearest town and if you need to sign peace for whatever reason they will just be back to full prewar state while you are rushing to another part of the map to wage another war.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

In this development update, we will have a look at some of the post-release highlights that were introduced in the current Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord live version 1.1.0 as well as our recent Steam Beta version 1.2.0.

Beta v1.2.0 - https://www.taleworlds.com/en/News/535
Live v1.1.0 - https://www.taleworlds.com/en/News/526
Modding Changes - https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...

00:00 Intro
00:13 New Battle Terrains
00:35 New Hideout Scenes
00:46 New Armor Pieces
00:56 Weather & Weather Effects
01:53 New Voiceovers
02:06 Siege Engine Sounds
02:28 Fog of War
02:42 Fog of War Improvements
03:21 Sally Out Ambush
03:45 Pushable Siege Ladders
04:10 Melee Combat AI
04:41 Ranged Combat AI
04:58 Targeting System
05:10 Cavalry Combat AI
05:35 Formation Targeting
06:22 Auto Battle Calculations
07:01 Kingdom Destruction
07:22 Warehouses
07:55 Alleys
08:37 Taunts
09:11 Scene Downloader
09:21 Birth and Aging
09:29 Console Cheats
09:43 Gamepad Support
10:25 PS4 to PS5 Saves
10:38 Modding Changes
10:51 Outro

ArchAngel

Arcane

In this development update, we will have a look at some of the post-release highlights that were introduced in the current Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord live version 1.1.0 as well as our recent Steam Beta version 1.2.0.

Beta v1.2.0 - https://www.taleworlds.com/en/News/535
Live v1.1.0 - https://www.taleworlds.com/en/News/526
Modding Changes - https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...

00:00 Intro
00:13 New Battle Terrains
00:35 New Hideout Scenes
00:46 New Armor Pieces
00:56 Weather & Weather Effects
01:53 New Voiceovers
02:06 Siege Engine Sounds
02:28 Fog of War
02:42 Fog of War Improvements
03:21 Sally Out Ambush
03:45 Pushable Siege Ladders
04:10 Melee Combat AI
04:41 Ranged Combat AI
04:58 Targeting System
05:10 Cavalry Combat AI
05:35 Formation Targeting
06:22 Auto Battle Calculations
07:01 Kingdom Destruction
07:22 Warehouses
07:55 Alleys
08:37 Taunts
09:11 Scene Downloader
09:21 Birth and Aging
09:29 Console Cheats
09:43 Gamepad Support
10:25 PS4 to PS5 Saves
10:38 Modding Changes
10:51 Outro

that facial animation..
:prosper:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom