Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MoTB: Susah and Efrem bug

Sodomy

Scholar
After killing Okku, they didn't leave my party. I didn't realize this was a bug, and so kept going... and realized it was a bug when they followed me into a dream. Then, one of the dumbasses summoned a skeleton, and even though it's dead, its portrait still appears on the right side of the screen.

Apparently, this bug is 100% gamebreaking when you get to the sunken city, as one of them blocks your path in the tavern dreamscape; is there any way to kick them out of my party? I've tried console commands and the saved game editor to no avail.

Also, of my three playthroughs of MoTB, this now makes 2 of them that have had gamebreaking bugs thanks to the "aftermath" of the Okku fight not working correctly. Nice. :roll:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Have you asked for help on this on the Bio forums? I believe someone else had a problem with this as well.

Sodomy

Scholar
I've never bothered to register on the Bio board, but a quick search of that board (as well as a few others) turns up several people who have had the problem, but no one has ever had a solution other than "start the entire game over".

Sodomy

Scholar
And, it turns out that even after registering on their forum, it won't accept my CD keys.

And no, I didn't pirate it.

Go Obsidian and Bioware! I love it when not only is the game filled with more game-breaking bugs than anything I've ever seen, but I can't even get to the support section on the forum because the forum itself doesn't work. Brilliant. Fucking Brilliant.

Crichton

Prophet
As I understand it, if the CD keys don't work, you have to reverse them (use the NWN2 key for MotB and vice versa) due to some misprinting by Atari.

Re: the bug you've encountered, I've never encountered any bugs in MotB, including this one, so I can't help.

Heh, I always presumed that they won't come with you, that you just can choose if you want positive or negative influence with Kaelyn. Is something wrong with me since I'm fully expecting RPG's today to be full of non-choices?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom