Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Most powerful character/monster/creature in cRPGs?

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
This is going to be slightly idiotic, and I apologize right away, but can we please discuss who's the most powerful character/monster/creature in cRPGs?

To have an academical flavor to it, we will need to establish some kind of reference or a frame, and then put your favorites on the arena, determining whether he will destroy the previous codexian's character. I also think we should exclude gods and god-like creatures from this, as they are OPed.

For an easy start I will go Darth Nihilius from Kotor 2, the guy who could suck a life out of a whole planet, killing every living character on it.

1661864-darth_nihilus.jpg

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
For an easy start I will go Darth Nihilius from Kotor 2, the guy who could suck a life out of a whole planet, killing every living character on it.
It was so anti-climatic when you could kill him in half a minute of combat though.

Now for my favorite powerful bosses, it's probably Demogorgon from Watcher's Keep in BG2. There was also Kangaxx the Demi-Litch that was memorable.
IWD also has some great super creatures that provide intense battles like Yxunomei and Belhifet.

Mark Richard

Arcane
Daer'Ragh the mage from Baldur's Gate 1 who appears in the Nashkel cemetery and warns you to leave his tombstone alone. So of course you don't.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Darth Nihilius in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes is actually really fucking powerful and deadly. But I don't have one. :negative:

Jokzore

Arbiter
Lady of Pain, forget keeping out / murdering other gods. Not even the player character can beat her.

vota DC

Augur
Giygas. He is almighty.
But he is an almighty idiot so the player can beat him and Pokey can manipulate him.

Sykar

Arcane
Khaine from the Blood Omen series. With a single decision not to sacrifice himself he rose to a sort of godhood, ruling over a desolate and ruined Nosgoth for centuries and turned from playable anti-hero in the first game to antagonist in the sequel Soul Reaver.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom