Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Most overpowered builds in Arcanum?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
So 20 PER does something, good to know. Xd
yup, spent few in game days roaming around ruins with 18 PER -> nothing. Boosted to 20PER, ruins were spotted immediately.
Really?
Are you sure you didn't just click on the right spot on the map and discovered the ruins as a result?
I remember Per 20 only allowed you to see through invisibility.
yes, i knew exact coords

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
asked in wrong thread.

question to dagger of speed backstab enjoyers: is backstab dmg affected by 20 str bonuses? Do you deal more dmg as 20str race or halfling with his extra speed and crit chance?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
So 20 PER does something, good to know. Xd
btw I think(didnt test) it also reveals wheel clan entrance. Thus its quite powerful stat since it allows you to do full god circles before meeting bates

Star Citizen

Learned
Arcanum has so many ways to dominate that it's completely unnecessary to ask for advice. If you are not retarded, you will come up with your own way of total destruction.
Lol yeah, I played as a gunslinger and by the mid - end game I just left my party at the dungeon entrance and nuked everything solo in real time

Every single build in this game is overpowered. By mid to end game you won't even really be fighting anymore, because battles are usually over within a split second.

Arcanum has the most lousy power balancing I have ever seen in any RPG - or any video game for that matter.

jackofshadows

Magister
question to dagger of speed backstab enjoyers: is backstab dmg affected by 20 str bonuses? Do you deal more dmg as 20str race or halfling with his extra speed and crit chance?
Crit chance bonus is useless since you'll have 100% crit with master of backstab. Speed bonus is next to useless. Str bonus on the other hand as far as I know is working but only additive so not worth to have (you'll have +20dmg*5 every hit w/o it which is enough for almost anything in the game and for literally anything given you'll be able to restealth in battle anyway).

jackofshadows

Magister
Every single build in this game is overpowered. By mid to end game you won't even really be fighting anymore, because battles are usually over within a split second.

Arcanum has the most lousy power balancing I have ever seen in any RPG - or any video game for that matter.
If that would be true you woulnd't see countless complains about BMC dungeon. Nevermind the glorious letsplay by certain game dev wouldn't be so glorius.

Don't get me wrong, the game has very weak power balancing but straightforward builds like melee/dodge or gunslinger can have serious problems at some points. There's also legit hard optional battle (stringy pete) which is beyond the power for many builds.

Also there're plenty of broken game guilds where critter stats were totally fucked (like rats have 1 dex) due to bad localisation or sloppy mods etc.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

20 Strength character wielding a Pyrotechnic Axe be like
terrachad-harvester-of-forests-v0-63bl0n51zpq91.jpg

Cael

Arcane

20 Strength character wielding a Pyrotechnic Axe be like
terrachad-harvester-of-forests-v0-63bl0n51zpq91.jpg
Which is great until you run into ghouls that you have <10% chance to hit.

There is only ONE overpowered build in Arcanum, everything else is coping with being an inferior cuck. And that build is Disintegrate. The spell, the myth, the legend. One shots every single enemy in the game except the final boss.

He IS immune to disintegrate, I tried to disintegrate him, didn't work. However, when I was disintegrating every other enemy in the game, I picked up quite a few karma points. You can use those to easily take him down with your Disintegrate™ build.

Modron

Arcane
Never used karma for anything other than stealing unique equipment npcs have in Arcanum. Interesting system but not much motivation to use it since combat is easy. Used karma a lot more in Frayed Knights, I've probably asked this before and forgotten the answers but what other games had such a system?

Snufkin

Augur
Never used karma for anything other than stealing unique equipment npcs have in Arcanum. Interesting system but not much motivation to use it since combat is easy. Used karma a lot more in Frayed Knights, I've probably asked this before and forgotten the answers but what other games had such a system?
You can use fate point to open THAT SAFE in Tarrant and skip whole find key thing.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
You can use fate point to open THAT SAFE in Tarrant and skip whole find key thing.
Fate Points are better spent pickpocketing incredibly valuable items or fully healing when near death and not having other means to heal.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
speaking of stealing, might be useful to somebody.
When you steal all the bullets, npc will unequip their firearm. This allows to steal cannon and unique revolver with just 3 points into stealing, no need for fate points
just some deterministic savescumming

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Arcanum has so many ways to dominate that it's completely unnecessary to ask for advice. If you are not retarded, you will come up with your own way of total destruction.
Lol yeah, I played as a gunslinger and by the mid - end game I just left my party at the dungeon entrance and nuked everything solo in real time
I still have unfinished magic gunslinger build on backburner, I kinda lost interest once it came online and I started removing everything with amusing speed. Still fun though

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I still have unfinished magic gunslinger build on backburner, I kinda lost interest once it came online and I started removing everything with amusing speed. Still fun though
What was your choice of spells?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom