Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mortal Kombat X

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
You know, I'll prob buy this for my bud. He's got a PS3

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Did anybody in the thread become a big MK fan just from playing 9 and just playing single player? I'm kinda interested how they are doing their single player only vs. traditional fighting game player split, 'cause MK9 probably had the first single player fighting game modes that were worth buying the game for, outside of maybe some Arc System Works stuff for megaweebs.
Netherrealm are usually pretty good when it comes to single player content. Even Injustice is chock full of modes, challenges etc.

Gozma

Arcane
Looks like they put the patented Netherrealm manface on Cassie Cage. That character just looks horrible. Combining a grounded non-monstrous human design with the glowy green hands and weirdly proportioned body doing Netherrealm animations bleah

Eyeball

Arcane
Jesus Shao Khan is such an asshole annoying boss.

Is there any way to to beat him that does NOT revolve around throwing 6000 fireballs at him and exploiting the SHIT out of your teleport, if you have one? Any time I try to get up close and personal with him, he godmodes through my attacks and smacks me with his bigass hammer.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Jesus Shao Khan is such an asshole annoying boss.

Is there any way to to beat him that does NOT revolve around throwing 6000 fireballs at him and exploiting the SHIT out of your teleport, if you have one? Any time I try to get up close and personal with him, he godmodes through my attacks and smacks me with his bigass hammer.
You can counter attack him if you have fast reactions, but no you can't just stand next to him he can start that invincible move in the middle of combos.

I like this game but it makes me sad that I only found out about its multiplayer problems after finally buying it. Tried doing a private match with other codexer and it was impossible..

Looks like they put the patented Netherrealm manface on Cassie Cage. That character just looks horrible. Combining a grounded non-monstrous human design with the glowy green hands and weirdly proportioned body doing Netherrealm animations bleah

Yeah there's something about her proportions and movement that's really off. The other characters looked fine, though.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

That's some p. over the top x-ray out there.

Also Humanity has risen! spotted in the comments! :troll:

It's sad how these boring fighter games have to rely on anti Christian and controversial violence in order to seem fun, when in reality they're the same boring overrated shit every year except with a new fighter and map. And people hate on cod but then go and praise awful anti christian rehashes like this, even after cod does something new. Keep brainwashing yourselves you satanist MK fanboys

Bahamut

Arcane

That's some p. over the top x-ray out there.

Also Humanity has risen! spotted in the comments! :troll:

It's sad how these boring fighter games have to rely on anti Christian and controversial violence in order to seem fun, when in reality they're the same boring overrated shit every year except with a new fighter and map. And people hate on cod but then go and praise awful anti christian rehashes like this, even after cod does something new. Keep brainwashing yourselves you satanist MK fanboys

What i would give for having Jesus as playable MK character

Rzuciłbym w niedziele dyche na tace :troll:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This funny because MK9 was the best, deepest fighter Netherrealms has ever made.

And you know, the shift from 3D to 2D fighting is rather huge and not "rehash" at all.

(I guess DCvMK was actually the shift, but it mostly sucked).

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Wow... Raiden is really a BOSS :)

Looking forward to MKX..hopefully it will be more popular on the PC than MK9

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
Unless Shao Khan is christian, i don't see how the game could be anti-christian. I mean, we're beating the evil guys, right? That's... kinda christian, no?

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/...-dragon-leaders-return-ahead-official-reveal/

Kano, leader of the Black Dragon crime cartel in 2011's reboot of Mortal Kombat and who was last seen being frozen by Sub-Zero, may be returning as a playable character in Mortal Kombat X, if these two images -- allegedly from a leaked copy of an unidentified German magazine -- are to be believed.

Click images for larger version

If these images are true, then one of Kano's three variations in the game will be Wrestling-Kano, who possesses a Flying Knee special move, according to the German text in one of the images.

Last week, NetherRealm Studios's Ed Boon hinted on Twitter that next week's Gamescom convention in Cologne, Germany, would be where we'd get more new information on Mortal Kombat X. Given that we're just a little more than a week away from Gamescom, it might be possible that the information was originally meant to be published in print only after the character had been revealed at Gamescom, but somehow slipped out ahead of embargo.

Alternatively, it could also be possible for Kano to be an exclusive reveal for the magazine, and for Ed Boon's Gamescom reveal to be something else completely different altogether.

Mortal Kombat fans have since notified the series creator on the existence of the leaked images earlier today, but Ed Boon has neither confirmed nor denied if the information was real, choosing instead to respond to other fans' tweets.

So MKX propably will be like Street Fighter III, bunch of new (shit) characters + a few most popular ones. No place for obscure kombatants.

Drax

Arcane

L-S-D, for you and me!!!

As many community members have noticed, Warner Brothers and NetherRealm have released a significant update for Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition on Steam.

Here is a list of changes in this update:
  • Updated the game launcher
    o Added video card selection option
    - Fixes auto-detection problems on laptops with Optimus technology
    - Solves performance issues for many laptops with dual GPUs
    o Added support for letterbox display toggle
    - Fixes problems with 4:3 and 5:4 aspect ratios
  • Several performance optimizations
  • Changed video settings options
    o Added ability to toggle memory restriction
    - Removed region lock for multiplayer matchmaking
    o Allows for a larger pool of online players
    - However, very long distance matches may experience slower network performance
  • Improvements to online multiplayer
    o Fixed issues with Private Matches
    o Updated KOTH
    o Fixed multiplayer crashes
  • Fixes and updates for several peripheral
Finally! If anyone wants to do some friendly punching, add me on steam.

Gozma

Arcane
Is run gonna be a double tap like KoF or is it gonna have a run button/button combo?

Drax

Arcane
1acc36fb935a2cf1ff6e79a8207cb438bb8f835c8581dcd399a9ed746db4bf03.jpg

tuluse

Arcane
Is run gonna be a double tap like KoF or is it gonna have a run button/button combo?
I would assume double tap since that's how the past two Netherrealm games were.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom