Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Morrowind NPCs

Severian Silk

Is there a way to tell NPCs to get the fuck out of the way? In Balmora one of the mages is blocking a doorway. Thanks.

Miner Arobar

Educated
Just run at them and jump like a maniac and you'll eventually force yourself past. Alternatively, console command "ra" will move all the cell's npcs to their initial location. Some NPC mods might include a "move out of the way" command (NPC functionality does, I think).

Severian Silk

Just run at them and jump like a maniac and you'll eventually force yourself past. Alternatively, console command "ra" will move all the cell's npcs to their initial location. Some NPC mods might include a "move out of the way" command (NPC functionality does, I think).
Will try the console command. Thanks.
Kill him. Don't be a pussy.
She's a guild guide.

Severian Silk

Are there enemy spells that can permanently lower my attributes? I could swear my carrying capacity has gone down by ~25 a few times.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aothan

Magister
I vaguely recall there might be a design issue which can produce that type of unintended effect

hknt

Literate
Are there enemy spells that can permanently lower my attributes? I could swear my carrying capacity has gone down by ~25 a few times.
If you use feather enchantment it gets buggy sometimes. I think there was a console command to reset your current weight, I vaguely remember dropping all stuff and setting it to 0 one time.
More likely you got hit by damage attribute spell and any chapel can fix that, so try that first.

Severian Silk

Problem was that my STR got lowered, and the temples I went to didn't have the correct shrine. There should really be IMO an icon for when you suffer attribute losses.

hknt

Literate
Well your STR is marked red in char window so you can always check it. Also Nine Divines altars always have restoration option for 25 septims.

Severian Silk

Which merchants have the most gold on hand? The most I've seen so far is 2500. I'm accumulating tons of expensive gear and want to get some good money for them.

hknt

Literate
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Merchants

You can trade pricey stuff for expensive items like scrolls in bulk, and sell them to smaller merchants later. Some money loss involved but saves time and frustration.

Also trade items for expensive enchantments, money appears for a short while after enchanting and you can get rid of daedric crap quickly. Or even better - install some economy rebalance mod. Vanilla morro is way too broken.

Severian Silk

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Merchants

You can trade pricey stuff for expensive items like scrolls in bulk, and sell them to smaller merchants later. Some money loss involved but saves time and frustration.

Also trade items for expensive enchantments, money appears for a short while after enchanting and you can get rid of daedric crap quickly. Or even better - install some economy rebalance mod. Vanilla morro is way too broken.
I don't understand. How do you trade items for enchantments? Don't they just accept cash?

hknt

Literate
They take cash but it'll go into their barter, so if it's something very expensive like 60k and the best ones tend to cost this much , then just sell that daedric/ebony whatever item that's normally too expensive for any vendor, and all your money is back.

Useful if you want to buy a bunch of constant enchantments without visiting every merchant everywhere all the time just to grind those septims. Or forcing yourself to go to Tribunal merchants earlier. Or use mods.

Severian Silk

I didn't realize Enchanters buy weapons. But I will give it a try.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom