Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Morgan:StemStream

Aaron King

Arcane
Developer
Hello, I am the lead developer of a tactical rpg early in development titled Morgan:StemStream. We are a small team of only three people, but I have confidence that we will be able to reach our goal. A teaser trailer for the game released just yesterday, here

and the official twitter account here
https://twitter.com/MStemstream

In Morgan, you play as a security guard tasked with keeping civilians away from a government project known as 'The Seed'. When a rioting activist group led by the mysterious Clodius attacks, The Seed is sent to a remote location, and Morgan has to race against time to get to it first. Morgan: Stemstream is a unique twist on a tactical rpg where every attack sends your foes flying back several spaces, a counter move to catch your foes off guard, and an emphasis on unique battles where to gain the advantage you must use your environments. Once Morgan makes new friends, you can use clever thinking to chain together attacks for insane damage. Slam foes into walls, off of cliffs, and over electrical fields to get to The Seed first.
EQWsYJHWAAA0vhV

The characters here are the main party, from right to left they are Morgan, Tanner, Novas, and Randy.

I am willing to answer any questions regarding the game

Last edited by a moderator:

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I mean, I really would like to learn more about your tactical RPG, but you accidentally linked to a video where a preschool kid attempted to recreate the tales of a furry on datura with the NES Tiny Toon Adventures Cartoon Workshop

Aaron King

Arcane
Developer
I mean, I really would like to learn more about your tactical RPG, but you accidentally linked to a video where a preschool kid attempted to recreate the tales of a furry on datura with the NES Tiny Toon Adventures Cartoon Workshop
Gameplay trailer is a work in progress, but I appreciate the feedback nonetheless. As opposed to other tactical rpg's such as Fire Emblem where you send a unit to attack an enemy and then they both just stand on their spaces after their turns until they can move again, Morgan has a focus on moving the enemies to spaces that harm them, although regular attacks still hit them. The 'counter' move I mentioned before can be strategically used with multiple characters to set up chain attacks, where one of your party members strikes an enemy, sending them flying into another attack, with opportunity for four hits in total. To make each battle feel unique, I've taken the painstaking task of having each arena have a unique gimmick that the player has to take advantage of to win the battle. I again apologize for not having very much to show right now.

Aaron King

Arcane
Developer
so just like in into the breach? Is your thing deterministic?
a bit like that game, but with more improvisation as to how scenarios can be solved. it's sort of like a puzzle game in that the player is given the tools in the arena to defeat enemies, but has to figure out how and when to use them correctly to win. just running up and slapping the enemy units without strategy will almost always end in a game over. To give an example, one fight has some drones that can only be damaged after covering them in a chemical conveniently leaking from the ceiling, so the player has to first push the enemy into the chemical leak and then go in for the kill. after 2/3 of the drones are dead the leaks stop, and the player has to figure out that you can slam the last drone into the chemical vat the pipe was coming from to break it, cover the drone in the chemical, and then win the battle.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom