Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

More wonderful Fallout 3 news!

This is for everyone who was hoping that mods would make the game playable within a reasonable timeframe.

Folk probably took for granted that every time we make a game, there’s a mod tool. We explained to folk that it takes a lot of time and effort to get that tool ready for release, and it’s not on our schedule right now. We need to get the game done and out. It’s not to say we won’t do it. It’s that right now we have an enormous amount of work to do, for three platforms and all these different languages to get it out around the wall. Right now, we can’t say definitively “there will be mod tools, and here is when they’ll be out”. That work remains to be done.
This might not actually be news and perhaps I should have posted this in General Gaming. If so, sue me.

zodden

Scholar
Actually it is news, and I read it on Blues News :)

Well that decides it for me. It's going to be just like vanilla oblivion which sucked till the community fixed it.

No money from me, though I will be sure to now torrent the hell out of it and just store it for a rainy day. If and when they release mod tools, they will get my money.

MisterStone

Arcane
Why the hell would you need mod tools for Fallout 3 anywayz? Couldn't you just remake the game by modding Oblivion?

uhjghvt

Scholar
"folk"?? "folks" is bad enough why is he leaving off the 's' it's like he's gone from channeling Bush to channeling Hitler

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Yes, but why would you want to play Fallout 3 by playing Oblivion when you can just play Fallout 3 by playing Fallout 3?

Imbecile

Arbiter
uhjghvt said:
"folk"?? "folks" is bad enough why is he leaving off the 's' it's like he's gone from channeling Bush to channeling Hitler

Because folk works just fine as the plural of folk.

This news is hardly a surprise, and I figure that by now you were either going to buy the game - or not. :)

Shannow

Waster of Time
But they've always said that there'd be no mod tool. A later mod tool is more than they promised before. Definately news.
I just had a look: Goty version is 45€ and the normal version is 30€ at amazon.de. You should probaly wait another 5 years before getting Oblivion and modding it to FO3. At least.

Micmu

Magister
"But they've always said that there'd be no mod tool."

No, they've always dodged, just like now. Not that this will stop the "modders will fix it" goofballs.

Do you actually fight Brahmins in this game? I mean from what I've seen the brahmin look fucked up and evil.

Mareus

Magister
sportforredneck said:
Do you actually fight Brahmins in this game? I mean from what I've seen the brahmin look fucked up and evil.
Yeah, they fight back if you try something funny. From what I ve heard they are quite dangerous adversaries.

Nael

Arcane
Bethesda makes games for folk now. Folk...

Notable folky Fallout 3 themes:

* Space heaters
* Strohs
* Dubya
* Cowboy hats
* Baloney sandwiches
* Glenn Campbell on the soundtrack y'all
* Your cross-eyed sister
* Folk

xuerebx

Erudite
The only expansions they'll release will be similar to KotN and not to those armour packs, as said by Todd.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom