Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

More NWN2 and BG3 rumors

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Aren't you the one who predivted that HOTU would be the death of NWN? Oops... you better go back to the drawing board for your predictions..

Sheriff05

Liturgist
Volourn said:
Aren't you the one who predivted that HOTU would be the death of NWN? Oops... you better go back to the drawing board for your predictions..

It's no suprise that you specifically are not *getting* the heavy dose of cynicism in that
post. In my opinion, there won't be an NWN2. You have seem to forgotten (or not understood) what I meant by the *death of NWN*. I won't bother re-explaining it. let's just see what happens.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Hmm, it seems that the controversial thread is gone now. Also I think it's very odd that the IGN article that was allegedly based on a conversation with Grok, didn't post a single direct quote, but told us what "the point of his post" was. It looks like Atari had finally interfered and told IGN what to write. The article sounds like an official "no comments at this time" press-release.

taks

Liturgist
sounds to me like grok knows there's talks about an nwn2 and bg3 and mentioned it in a thread that quickly got out of hand and put a little egg on atari's face. my guess is he's been reprimanded for mentioning a game that hasn't been officially announced. some are speculating he lied which is ridiculous (quick way to the door for sure). he gaffed. spoke out of turn. he had no reason to lie, nothing to gain, and everything to lose. all in all, his mistake isn't that big of a deal and has been noted by others, there's really not that many of us that would care about the "advance" information anyway. those that post frequently and pay attention to these kinds of things are really in the minority.

mark

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Yep, I agree. Had he lied, he would have been fired or would have taken the easy way out blaming it on April's Fool. It looks like he posted what he thought was no big deal, and according to some rumors, he refused to say that it was all a misunderstanding and that's why IGN ran the story without his actual comments.

taks

Liturgist
yup.

we fiind out the deal with interplay in a few days. for the rest, E3 maybe.

taks

Dingusamongus

Novice
Trucks: an observation

While I am a frequent reader and infrequent poster, I still have powers of observation and fond filed memories. When I was in elementary school there was a class for "special education students". These "special" students often referred to themselves as "we" when "I" should be used, in an almost pitiful Golum dialect like way (long before the movie, and ahem, animated disaster). The "specials", or SPEDS as we used to refer to them, also pretended to act like trucks in the playground. I'm not sure what kind of trucks they were, perhaps dump trucks or perhaps big 18 wheelin' rigs; but, my point is they liked the simple pleasures associated with bad grammar and being a truck.

I'll let you draw your own conclusions, references, irony and etc..

Sincerely,

Ding.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom