Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MoO3

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Any links to good high-res mods? Or can I play this in a window?
Looks p. shit with its original resolution on my widescreen.

Raapys

Arcane
Think there's only the 1024*768 mod. Windowed mode is apparantly only supported in Mac or some such. Did see someone suggest setting fixed aspect ratio in Nvidia control panel if you're using an Nvidia card, it would at least prevent the stretching.

Looks like there's also an .exe patch that allows it to run in windowed mode, though you must set your desktop to 16bit first.

Monocause

Arcane
Installed Strawberry and God, the changes in the UI suck. The vanilla one is simplistic, nice and professional, here they added stuff that looks very crappy and amateurish.

I'll see the chocolate's changelog, if there's too much fluff I'll just go with the vanilla patch +1024x768

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
I am not sure what UI mod you installed. But it sounds like you have some UI mod in 800x600 ... probably sucks. Give just chocolate a try, you won't regret it.

Monocause

Arcane
One of the better things about MoO3 is its dark atmosphere. This is why I don't appreciate idiotic shit like this:

mmenu_trilarian_off.png

Or this.

mmenu_raas_off.png

This is seriously fuck up man. Chocolate uses the same thing and it makes some changes to the core gameplay I wouldn't enjoy. Is there a 1024x768 mod without the author taking pains to overuse licentia poetica?

Heechee

Liturgist
What is this shit? If it's in-game picture my interest in mods went from newly awaken to zero. :evil:

Monocause

Arcane
These pictures are a part of what appears to be the only 1024x768 mod out there. Unless you want to waste time to swap these with your own pictures you're better off playing it 800x600 windowed.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
And the usual hypocrisy. That picture appears just in title menu. The core gameplay is actually way improved. But of course the title screen has to be dark and gritty and mature.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Monocause said:
These pictures are a part of what appears to be the only 1024x768 mod out there. Unless you want to waste time to swap these with your own pictures you're better off playing it 800x600 windowed.

MY EYES
Fucking modders, why can't they just fix the bugs and stop adding amateurish unrelated bullshit

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Guys. It is just the fucking TITLESCREEN. Everything ingame is as "dark" as ever.

Destroid

Arcane
You can't describe MoO as gritty... it has space dogs, space cats, space whores, space nerds, space lizards, space ants, space rocks, space pterodactyls ffs.

Sure most of the furries are no longer playable races and the rest got a visual makeover, but they are still in there as minor races.

dragonfk

Erudite
coldcrow said:
Guys. It is just the fucking TITLESCREEN. Everything ingame is as "dark" as ever.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom