Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

Heretic

Cipher
http://gearnuke.com/monster-hunter-world-1-million-pre-orders-china-tencent-wegame/
Monster Hunter World Has More Than 1 Million Pre-Orders For PC In China On WeGame
July 22, 2018
monster-hunter-world-listing-thumb-01-ps4-us-18sep17-768x432.png

Tencent is launching WeGame in China as an alternative to Steam. Monster Hunter World is one of the games that will be available on WeGame and now they have announced today in a press release that Monster Hunter World has surpassed 1 million in pre-orders.

The original press release is in Chinese and mentions that the pre-orders for the game are strong on PC on WeGame. Keep in mind that the pre-orders here don’t cost any money and the money will be charged once the game launches on August 9th.

Monster Hunter World is being sold for 299 yuan (~44 usd) for the normal edition and 358 yuan (~53 usd) for the deluxe edition. This is just for the WeGame platform which is currently available in China. Steam has its own pre-orders and the game did chart strongly in best sellers list there as well.

Monster Hunter World has sold through more than 8 million copies across the PS4 and Xbox One. PC version of the game was announced alongside the console version but it hasn’t released so far. Capcom confirmed a release date for the PC version earlier this month and have also detailed the system requirements for it.

Monster Hunter World is currently available for the PS4 and Xbox One and will launch on PC on August 9th.
And just like that Steam has new huge competition.

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron
Please let there be regional filters please let there be regional filters please let there be regional filters

Perkel

Arcane
Honestly speaking i fully expect MHW on PC selling more than 3-4mln.

Please let there be regional filters please let there be regional filters please let there be regional filters

Bow down to you xiaxia cheater overlords.

funkadelik

Arcane
Denuvo eh? That sucks. Isn't this an online game?
I tried Dauntless which is supposed to be similar to this game. I thought it was kind of fun, but it became repetitious.
Yes it is repetitious, but that is what makes the game fun. You try different things. You master the fights. You increase you personal skill against the bosses (or not), and make it easier to obtain weapons/armor.
It isn't an RPG, it's an action-adventure game with progression. Change your mind change your perception.

Perkel

Arcane
I tried Dauntless which is supposed to be similar to this game. I thought it was kind of fun, but it became repetitious.

Dauntless is similar game but you are comparing indie game with 5 hours of content to game with about 100 hours content.

Even if you don't want to hunt monster twice or more it will take you around 60 hours just to reach elder dragons.

Also dauntless while interesting by itself AFTER MH it is still poor game to get you into this specific type of games.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah. Dauntless cant even compete to match 1/10 of production value MH has in term of monster amount in their games.

In MH 4U there are several dozens of bosses with their unique moveset and sprite, PLUS the extra movesets of frenzied virus thing that infect monsters.

I dont think MHW is as expansive as 4U yet, but with expansion/DLC it will probably have as much or more content than 4U

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
List of weapons I hate/dislike:

Lance (TOO SLOW, I fucking hate this thing. I beat DevilJho with it once but it just isn't fun to use. HATE IT, GARBAGE.)

Gunlance (FUCKING SLOWER THAN LANCE but the explosions are fun. If it didn't have explosions it'd be my least favorite weapon.)

Heavy Bowgun (Unless I do some Cluster Bomb shenanigans it sucks ass)

Greatsword (too slow, but out of all of the slow weapons it's the one I'm willing to tolerate the most.)

Charge Blade (Way too complex for me. Charge axe then charge shield then charge sword THEN DO some super attack with long wind up no thxs fam)

Insect Glaive (Feels like a bad version of DB that can do aerial tricks. If I took the time to learn it I might like it... but not a fan of having to micromanage the bug)

Hunting Horn (Don't hate this weapon but it feels... like a bad version of the Hammer. The songs are fun for combat boosts though)

List of weapons I love/like:

Dual Blades (Speed, high damage, insane mobility, awesome slide attack. I love everything about this weapon. Downside is you need to make a build to reduce stamina costs to really push it to its limits. My 1st pick)

Light Bowgun (Decent damage and high mobility. LBG is basically my go-to weapon when I want to farm Kirin and never cart. Recently fought AT Kirin and had almost zero issues. Came close once to carting but killed him easily otherwise. Also hear the Xeno/Styx LBG is excellent for farming Kulve. Also my first choice for fighting anything that flies.)

Switch Axe (Reminds me of the Saw Cleaver from Bloodborne. Excellent damage and amazing range. The lack of good dodging/defensive moves is a downer and it's mobility is somewhat lacking, but it's got the best paralysis weapon in the game and is excellent for chopping tails. Also lots of fun to use.)

Bow (I prefer the LBG but the Bow is easily the stronger damage dealer. Basically a ranged version of the Dual Blades.)

Sword and Shield (When I want to make a support build with decent damage, I go with this. Being able to use slings on a dime is amazing for stunning enemies and setting off traps. Sadly the damage is too low for using it as my primary weapon)

Hammer (When something is 3 star weak to Stun the Hammer is absolutely amazing. Also a good choice when they have heavy armor. Downside is it's a big too slow for some of the faster enemies.)

Longsword (The most noob friendly weapon besides maybe Sns. Deals decent damage but the spirit meter makes me neurotic. Another good choice for cutting tails. I like the dodge move but I find it awkward to use in practice. Solid choice for certain enemies.)

Perkel

Arcane
Well i am in camp that hated Lance/Gunlance but now they are my first pick. Right now both Lance and Gunlance are my favorite weapons.

The thing is that when you change weapon you need to completely change how you approach to fight. You can't just go from dual blades and play like dual blades because it will feel clunky and bad.

You need to seriously invest some time to "get" weapon and you will see that almost every weapon in game is really fun to play with.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Charge blade is my main in 4u. That thing is just too sexy. Nothing beats hitting tha ass dragon on the head with fully charged, ultimate charge axe mode

It also provide crazy defense, and guard point provide crazy defense + counter if you can pull it off.

Insect glaive is theoretically good and provide a great bonus, but 3ds aiming utterly sucks even with pro nipple thing on the new 3ds it still suck as and made me refrain from using it.

Now, mhworld tho, with real controller, large screen, high res + (hopefully) constant FPS i am considering the glaive as main.

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron
It's a shame Hunting Horn is trash solo, it's a really fun weapon. After spanking an Arzuros to death in P3rd it was impossible for me to main anything else.
Might pick up SnS/Longsword/Gunlance as a secondary though, for the solo stuff, they're really solid weapons.

Vorark

Erudite
I might pick up Bow on the side now that proper controls are a thing and the Blademaster/Gunner armor split is gone. It used to wreck a couple of monsters back in MHFU (Rajang cries in its nest).

Last edited:

DragoFireheart

Well i am in camp that hated Lance/Gunlance but now they are my first pick. Right now both Lance and Gunlance are my favorite weapons.

The thing is that when you change weapon you need to completely change how you approach to fight. You can't just go from dual blades and play like dual blades because it will feel clunky and bad.

You need to seriously invest some time to "get" weapon and you will see that almost every weapon in game is really fun to play with.

The playstyle those two weapons demand is simply not what I am looking for.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Slowly is not how I'd describe the Lance. It's one of the most aggressive and fast paced in-your-face weapons out there if you spec for evade lancing. Guard lancing is a bit gay though. Never really touch the shield on the Lance. I find the shield to be far more useful on SnS and CB. SnS shield is fast to use and deceptively good at mitigating damage and using guard points with the CB is just some next level shit.

Obviously I don't want to imply that you're wrong for not liking the Lance, but I think many people who try it use it wrong and hate it. The shield and, to a lesser degree, the counter attack, are traps imo and can easily put you off. Especially if you play online since the only way Guard Lancing can actually work is if the monster targets you at all times.

DragoFireheart

Slowly is not how I'd describe the Lance. It's one of the most aggressive and fast paced in-your-face weapons out there if you spec for evade lancing. Guard lancing is a bit gay though. Never really touch the shield on the Lance. I find the shield to be far more useful on SnS and CB. SnS shield is fast to use and deceptively good at mitigating damage and using guard points with the CB is just some next level shit.

Obviously I don't want to imply that you're wrong for not liking the Lance, but I think many people who try it use it wrong and hate it. The shield and, to a lesser degree, the counter attack, are traps imo and can easily put you off. Especially if you play online since the only way Guard Lancing can actually work is if the monster targets you at all times.

To be fair I find the Lance more agile than the Greatsword, but the giant damage from the Greatsword is much more satisfying.

If I want hyper aggressive playstyle (which I do) I end up playing dual blade.

200 Stamina, Mushroomancer Devil's Blights addiction, Slide attack and Demon Mode as much as possible. Temporal Mantle and Rocksteady Mantle.

Even with my un-optimized build I can kill ED in under 10-15 minutes, anything else 5-10 minutes. I don't have all of the Attack/Crit decos yet.

DragoFireheart

This is honestly the first game with a post-game grind that I...enjoy.

Not only is each weapon fun to use (and try to master) including ones I do not like... the combat itself is quite enjoyable.

Contrast that with rpgs with mindess turn-based battles or Diablo-like clones where the combat variety is very little despite those games having 200+ different moves.

The only monster I find questionable is Kulve Taroth due to how long it takes to get to the actual combat stages.

sullynathan

Arcane
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/nvid...-on-highest-settings-at-1440p-pc-screenshots/

NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 unable to run Monster Hunter World with 60fps on highest settings at 1440p, PC screenshots
JULY 25, 2018 JOHN PAPADOPOULOS 193 COMMENTS

Monster Hunter World releases next month on the PC and it appears that some people have already gotten their hands on it. Resetera’s ‘FluffyQuack‘ who got access to it has shared some initial performance impressions, and shared some PC screenshots that you can find below.

As FluffyQuack noted, an NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 is simply unable to offer a 60fps experience at 1440p on the Highest settings. On High settings this powerful GPU is able to offer 60fps in the Hub area and on Medium settings it can offer 65fps. Ouch.

“I did a quick performance test in the starting hub (running the game at 2560×1440):
Highest preset: 44
Highest preset (except for volumetric set to “high”): 50
High preset: 60
Mid preset: 65
Low preset: 108″

FluffyQuack used an Intel i7-4790K with 16GB of RAM so obviously he was not CPU limited. Moreover, he noted that Capcom has added a very taxing option, called Volume Rendering Quality, and that’s the first setting that gamers should disable in order to improve performance.

Do note that the aforementioned numbers appear to be minimum framerates as the user provided a comparison between the Highest settings with and without Volume Rendering Quality, and the game was running with 78fps. Still, it’s pretty obvious that PC gamers will need a GTX1080Ti in order to play it at 1440p, despite the fact that the game’s visuals are similar to those found in the console version.

Last but not least, here are the PC screenshots that FluffyQuack captured!

Great Japanese optimization

Vorark

Erudite
Every time I see that gal, I'm reminded of the Mass Effect Prospermeda female PC. Hopefully you can ditch her or tell her to stfu.

6dtvEXL.jpg

Uncanny resemblance.
rating_prosper.png

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
doesn't the console version run at 30fps tho? comments are saying that it doesn't even manage a solid 20fps during battles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom