Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Monster Hunter 6th generation - speculations, launch date probably march 2024

You dofus didn't notice that "the desert" from early in trailer was entirely dynamic. That and proper mounts pretty much confirms big open world instead of open zones from MHW or MHR.

Also same release on all platforms.

The weirdest part here is 2025. It will be first MH in 20 years that will not release ever 2 years. I am guessing covid did its own thing and they are going crazy with it. With open world you need more animations supporting various monsters in various environments.

Covid seems to have completely fucked up their original time tables for basically everything. The leak had Monster Hunter 6 coming out this year. Dragon’s Dogma 2, Resident Evil 4, and Street Fighter 6 were originally meant to come out last year.

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Lightning Rod pangolins

:shredder:

Please, I hope this is a sign we going back to disruptive non boss monsters. In worldrise they practically dont have presence, well, pretty much that's been true since past 2nd gen.

Perkel

Arcane
Lightning Rod pangolins

:shredder:

Please, I hope this is a sign we going back to disruptive non boss monsters. In worldrise they practically dont have presence, well, pretty much that's been true since past 2nd gen.

I mean trailer literally starts with hunter running away from pack of large monsters pursuit it. If this is true open world then it will be entirely possible to latch on rathalos trying to take him out from sky and land in middle of two diablos duking it out on desert. And then when you run away to safe place to watch carnage on the side plesioth was targeting you from water and water lasered you out.

Machocruz

Arcane
I've liked every MH I've played so far - FU, Tri, Portable 3rd HD, World, Rise. Don't suspect they will drop the ball with this one. Wish they'd release a collection on PC.

Perkel

Arcane
I've liked every MH I've played so far - FU, Tri, Portable 3rd HD, World, Rise. Don't suspect they will drop the ball with this one. Wish they'd release a collection on PC.

On one hand yes but on other hand each new generation is actual improvement over previous one to point where there is no really a reason to play older game as they don't provide anything interesting anymore.

The only thing i like from older games is some of the hub music. Sure there are some singular fights that were outstandig but overall new is just better.

I wish though therer was veteran mode in MH6. That would slow down weapons to its FU speed and bring damage done to player to same level as FU.

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Good overall, with some flawed ideas that dont hold back the core gameplay loop.
I'd recommend mhw, but the story progression is westernized popamole shit. I dont think the average codexer would stand it as a newcomer, you have dig it in order to stand the campaign imo. However, in monster hunter, the campaign is just a rather small part of the game, youll will keep playing way long after finishing it, since multiplayer consists in climbing up a rank system to access harder content.

So my money as starting point is on Freedom Unite with the FU Complete Patch. Really straightforward, the latter games onward will set you through lame tutorials so I guess this one you can get into gameplay loop asap without any nonsense. Also you ahve access to arena fights right away iirc, which as pretty good as combat tutorials.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Never played this series, is it any good
If you have the pacience for:
-1h hunts where: 80% of the time is chasing your prey, exploring the levels for resources and setting up traps ; 20% is the actual fight, which is more of a "war of attrition" affair rather than short but intense battles
-alot of grinding and complex equipment schemes

Go for it
Overall it's a pretty good series

Sentinel

Arcane
The biggest problem here is that there's too MH:W now.

WTF capcom?

Also no underwater, so who cares. Next please. Tired of fighting dragon and bear reskins.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Tired of fighting dragon and bear reskins.
I mean, ditto, but no need to go underwater to fix that. Bring back the giant hermit crabs and other weird shit.

Anyways, the 'gameplay' shown looked to me like completely scripted cutscene and was about 60 seconds long, so I'll reserve judgement until they show someone substantial, like new weapons, UI with actual game mechanics like jewels or a system to replace them, how tracking monsters is going to work, etc. I didn't need a fucking trailer to figure out that the game will include the ability to move across empty terrain, or mini cutscenes to move your character for you across gaps.

Perkel

Arcane
First time in 20 years when there will be no monster hunter every two years.

2025 for MH6 confirmed in video. More news about it this summer. From Capcom leak it was supposed to be EARLY 2024. This is year+ difference. The whole open world must be a pain in ass for them to create and tune gameplay around.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom