Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Might & Magic X Update: Q&A #4

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
You shouldn't put much thought into it because this setting looks as banal as they come

Servo

Arcane
SO RATHER THEN DISBLIVENG EVIDANCE OF THE DVNINE ASHNAN WIZNARDS PERPHS REJECT THE AUTHRORITY OF TEH GODS OR WHAT??? I'M JUST WANDERING ABOUT INTERNATIONAL CONSTANCY OF TEH SETTING.

Fixed so it can be in Q&A #5.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
I used to be severely arachnophobic to the point where I could not sleep in the same room as a baby spider the size of a pin head. It took a LONG time to get over the fear, but when I was depressed and living in squalor the big hairy spiders crawling all over me at night helped with it. Now I punch spiders to help get over any latent fears.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Somebody do that thing where you quote a guys post and then post his avatar underneath it so we all know to laugh at him.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
@ Dorateen
What internal consistency do you look for in a crawler? For that matter what logic? Why are there hundreds of creatures of various levels of sentience milling about in a cave filled with nothing but chests of loot? Why do they happily coexist and only ever seem to tun on your party? Why doesn't the wererat attack the goblin instead, if hungry?

All one needs to have in a crawler is good layout, challenging encounters, well balanced loot with a natural sense of progression for your party and some suitably heroic quest to give you a reason to carry out genocide.

Dorateen

Arcane
It was the writers in their developer post who made a comment related to setting and lore of the world of Ashan. These things interest me, and I found it a curious remark. I'm sure it will have no gameplay effect whatsoever. Although if there are "persoanlity" voice sets such as Wizardry 8, I wonder if they would include "Atheist Wizard" who makes quips when a temple location is encountered.

But for the record, I do believe turned-based dungeon-crawlers are the purest form of Role-playing games, so I'm naturally more intrigued by Legacy than P:E

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom