Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Might & Magic X Teased by Ubisoft, To Be Revealed at PAX East

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
I hope there is no direct corellation between the size of the box art and how shitty the game is.

Stabwound

Arcane
Haha, well I'd personally put 3-5 above 1-2 but the rest of that sounds about accurate. Scary.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Gah! 2 more days until we fill find out yet another RAPE of a beloved franchises. :(

Seriously in this day and age there hasn't been ANY leaks?

Stabwound

Arcane
We're supposed to "learn more" tomorrow, but I don't know what that entails. If they're going to be at PAX then they probably have some kind of prototype to show.

Fuck, I'm sure this is going to be crap, but there's always a chance it's not.

Hobz

Savant
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Apparently I have a strange rape fetish, because a part of me is still hoping for something good to come out of this.

norolim

Arcane
Just occured to me, that we are automatically assuming the "X" means 10. We shouldn't. It may as well be "ex", an unknown value: game X. In that case, of course, this thing can just be anything. Don't be surprised when they give us Super Might'n'Magic Online Experience with microscamsactions.

Stabwound

Arcane
Just occured to me, that we are automatically assuming the "X" means 10. We shouldn't. It may as well be "ex", an unknown value: game X. In that case, of course, this thing can just be anything. Don't be surprised when they give us Super Might'n'Magic Online Experience with microscamsactions.
Yeah, I'm not sure. A few years ago one of the higher ups who runs the MM franchise said there would never be a game called "Might & Magic X" because of their new branding strategy. Like how Heroes of Might & Magic is Now Might & Magic Heroes. And "Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes."

Maybe they went back on that. Damn, who knows.

grdja

Augur
Stop even thinking about it. Its a major publisher game. Its likely going to compete for highest amount of announced decline in the year.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
Might & Magic: Might & Magic
The gritty reboot of the series. It will present the origin story of Sheltem in a way that couldn't have possibly been done in the antiquity of gaming, using modern innovations like a visceral real-time action combat system, a strategic cover system, cinematic quicktime sequences and - if you play your cards right - perhaps even romance.

Stabwound

Arcane
Stop even thinking about it. Its a major publisher game. Its likely going to compete for highest amount of announced decline in the year.
From what I've read the HoMM games stuck to the same gameplay but were of various levels of quality.

I'd go for a mediocre 3D, grid based M&M game even if it was just average and didn't go super popamole brothers.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Apparently I have a strange rape fetish, because a part of me is still hoping for something good to come out of this.

Better climb aboard a New Delhi bus then....

Gah! 2 more days until we fill find out yet another RAPE of a beloved franchises. :(

Seriously in this day and age there hasn't been ANY leaks?

A leaky turd? Diarrhea?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Might and Might (because fratboy focus groups didn't respond well to the word "Magic")

grdja

Augur
From what I've read the HoMM games stuck to the same gameplay but were of various levels of quality.

I'd go for a mediocre 3D, grid based M&M game even if it was just average and didn't go super popamole brothers.
HoMM is a very specific case. Everyone raged at 4, no one played 5+ past the campaigns for real. If I see anyone playing HoMM for realz in MP its Wake of Gods.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
On top of all the other things, I wonder if they'll inject the game with the kind of grimdark angst and pathos that the series never had. The wonder of M&M was in its absurd free for all that just 'worked' so you never questioned the reason for hundreds of creature 'x' in the middle of nowhere existing just so you could mow them down or fighting dragons from way up high in the sky with laser pistols. They can make it as true to the series as possible with step blobber movement and combat but if they lose the M&M charm in favor of Biowarean opera that would almost be even worse than making it a third person action game.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
Commie: Exactly. From playing WoX and a bit of MM6, I have the impression that M&M is really just about being a fun game, without any pretense of being anything more serious or mature than that. I like that.

UnknownBro

Savant
Man, with the recent "old skool arpeegee" phenomena I would not be too surprised if a lowly publisher wants to milk the hype, this is, of course, the best case scenario...

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
HoMM is a very specific case. Everyone raged at 4, no one played 5+ past the campaigns for real. If I see anyone playing HoMM for realz in MP its Wake of Gods.

HOMM4 is great, stop the lies.

Heh, it was fresh but very broken in my opinion.
A lot of friends I know either adapted or just gave up on the series completely upon experiencing the 4th game.

It might also have something to do with my 4 Barbarian doomstack, decked in full store gear just raping the countryside on hotseat matches while sniping dragons and other high lvl creatures at no cost when retreating :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom