Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Focus attacks auto-hit, and their damage is decent-but-not-great. Maxing out Focus is worth it for every mage.

baturinsky

Arcane
Is Warrior really more challenging, or just more tedious (constant need to backtrack to fix weapons/replenish supplies, etc)?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Not tedious, no. Some backtracking, but not much. You go through a full set of rations for most dungeons in the first half of the game, late game you'll have a couple to spare. You get one broken piece of equipment every 8 hours maybe.

It feels like the intended difficulty for a game like this; I can't imagine what playing on Adventurer must be like.

Zeriel

Arcane
Anything that makes a game harder is challenging, isn't it? Having to back-track is a result of something not being trivial. If you never have to backtrack, chances are the game is hella easy.

Anyway.

Changes:

Monster damage and health increased.

Economy much more tight. (Identify spell is a must, and you will have to choose between buying skills early on.)

As far as I saw, there were no mechanical changes. It's all a matter of severity rather than kind.

Shadenuat

Arcane
check de sexy thread http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/834466-In-Depth-Party-Creation-Guide

I'd say Merc&Defender are sorta even, and since Defender can have so many blocks and gets 1 additional hit point per vitality, I would derp out and put 4 points in might every level :lol: but two maces also seems sexy for Mercenary
Also you should know that his first ability (automatic crit when monster is at full health) doesn't work

Membrane yeah, it feels cheap

Second caster? Who is the first? These are all good casters, I'd rate them all higher than Freemage

GM focus is for crits for spells. I actually have shield icon on "1" key, because when druid/runepriest block it means they will stand stronk like fighters and will always survive when out of mana.

Difficulty, what Bubbles said

baturinsky

Arcane
Freemage is secret detection, Purge, Darkness Ward and access to all schools (and all wards). And special can be a life saver.

Too bad merc's autocritical is not working:( It would be crazy awesome with mace special.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
You only have to do 2 dungeons without access to a secret detection companion (Portmeyron and Forge), so that shouldn't force you to commit to one character class. And access to all schools is a pretty useless perk unless you have no idea what party you're building.

Tigranes

Arcane
Warrior difficulty is a no-brainer. Game is challenging and makes you try and spare your rations and potions. I was quaffing and resting fairly frequently and never, ever, came close to running out of rations. At least in the first playthrough where I haven't figured everything out, the game remains challenging but not insane start to finish, I don't often need to backtrack out of dungeons because I can't beat the boss (only happened couple of times), and the tighter economy is very nice in early game.

I'm going to try no Freemage party next time, but more than other stuff, I can't imagine life without Sleep...

Shadenuat

Arcane
I prefer to destroy crowds instead of controlling them, so I didn't miss sleep a lot. I also pumped my resistances to the sky, a ward without skills gives +10-15, well one item can give you +10 to *all* schools
I also hired doge
so secrets
wow
much loot

One thing I kinda missed was the Purge spell. But if they will fix Membrane that would mean no more coral priestesses with 60-80% damage resist
Fuck those

Tormented Seph

Scholar
Finished yesterday...very good work Limbic! :brofist:
I didn't expect an ending in which the narrative changed depending on the choices made in previous side-quest. Really great.

I loved also the way they really gave importance to exploration, to the discovery of dozens of secrets and special loot, to strategy before fights and tactics into fights. Okay I know, they haven't implemented a system for positioning the party and have deleted the use of certain spells during exploration (it was one of the funniest things in the old and glorious chapters of the saga...now repleced by dragon blessings), but in return, as I said, they gave more weight to strategy and tactics (boss fight is a good example).

Ubi needs to give them more budget next time...really.
And fuck, really fuck, the marketing shitty strategies of the mainstream: this guys deserve a better treatment.

Is Membrane actually bugged or is it just scaling with water magic (which totally screws it up since it's a %-based damage reduction)? It may just be working as intended and the devs never properly balanced things. Depending on where in the damage equation it happens it's quite possible the numbers are working as intended assuming that the enemies that cast it are GMed.

OTOH if it's not supposed to scale at all it would end up completely piss-poor, so I wonder what the "fix" is going to be.

In any case, Water is still a pretty good element even ignoring membrane. Blizzard is *insanely* cheap for an AoE spell and not TOO shabby in damage considering it's also a great defensive debuff on the enemy.

You only have to do 2 dungeons without access to a secret detection companion (Portmeyron and Forge), so that shouldn't force you to commit to one character class. And access to all schools is a pretty useless perk unless you have no idea what party you're building.

Any school that can't be GMed is mostly useless outside of basic utility spells that don't need to bypass resistance or scale their damage/healing up. The difference between M and GM is just huge.

Last edited:

Morphi

Augur
The agent of Incline, Julien Pirou askes you:

https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/did-you

While we are finalizing our first big patch, here are some things you might want to check out next time you play Might & Magic X – Legacy :)

So, did you…
  • …find all the references to previous Might & Magic games?
  • …notice the sketches on Edwin’s wall?
  • …know who Jassad is?
  • …recognize the name of the Mace Relic?
  • …find all the references to former Might & Magic developers?
  • …find all the links to the other games set in Ashan?
  • …tried to use Lord Haart’s Elven Dictionary to translate all Elven names?
  • …notice that most NPC names have some sort of hidden meaning? (for instance, “Felipe” means “one who loves horses”)
  • …see all the unique dialogs with some of the Dwarf NPCs if you have Dwarves of specific classes in your party?
  • …know what was wrong with Mayneri’s pendant?
  • …recognize the game Ryu is busy creating?
  • …find all the Forgotten Saga poems?
  • …find the Flute?
  • …find out what the Flute actually did? :)
  • …recognize the name of the Minotaur Champion found in the Dubra Scrubland?
  • …recognize the name of the “Pack Horse” Hireling?
  • …find all the references to Twin Peaks, including the entrance to the Black Lodge?
  • …find all the references to Doctor Who?
  • …find all the references to Star Trek?
  • …find all the references to Star Wars?
  • …find all the references to Casablanca?
  • …find all the other movie references (including, but not limited to, Rocky, Superman II, the Good the Bad the Ugly…)?
  • …find all the references to Leiji Matusmoto’s works?
  • …find all the references to the Monkey Island series?
  • …find all the other video game references (including, but not limited to, Wing Commander, Wizardry, Doom…)
  • …recognize Zakaral (OK this one is mostly aimed at French nerds :p)
  • …find other secrets and easter eggs that are not part of this list? Then share your findings in the comments below :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Morphi Already posted: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...x-legacy-released.81387/page-210#post-3111647

https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/details-about-post-launch-patch-1

DETAILS ABOUT: POST-LAUNCH PATCH 1

20140214.jpg

Hello Adventurers,

Don’t give way to despair! The patch is on its way and will arrive on the 2nd half of February (exact date to be confirmed as soon as possible!). Among other things, it will include:

- Three new dungeons (including the Community Dungeon you created: we have 2 special guests on our Credits now!). We will give you more information about them within the next days but to give you a small insight: two of them will be available for everybody & the last one is exclusively for deluxe buyers!

- Improved performance & clearer texture quality setting (you can expect some improvement on open world but we will continue to work on this point along next patches too)
- Reduction of save corruption risks (we are still working on it, however we recommend you to delete existing ones and disable Uplay Saves Sync if you experienced this issue)
- 16/10 resolution is now officially supported by the game
- Fixed modding kit for the final version of the game
- Spirit Beacon bug is now fixed; invisible enemy won’t haunt you anymore! (You can no longer use it in dungeon or with close enemies)
- Numerous additional bug fixes & balancing (many of them reported by the community)
- Etc.

Please check the list at the end of this article for detailed information about the patch. Also, we're still working on a Mac version of the game. It still needs to be tested and optimized and we hope we can deliver it within the first half of 2014.

We are aware we still have improvements to achieve and we deeply apologize to all of you. We are doing our best to understand, reproduce and find solutions. Please have a look on where we are standing today regarding the following topics:

o Performance improvement & heat issues: Of course we will continue improving the game performance and still have some challenges ahead in this point. However, with this new patch, you should be able to better tweak the game and have a real positive impact on your game performance. For instance, we strongly recommend you to reduce the shadow distance & shadow qualities that are the main too “greedy” options. Don’t forget to reducing the globalgame quality, we know the game can be “heavy”.
o For those who can’t access Act 2, we are still trying to identify all possible cases. However, thanks to some important fixes, this should be fixed for most of you. Still, we will need your feedback to confirm this and explorealternative solutions.
o If you still have difficulties connecting to Uplay or recovering your Uplay rewards, we will need your rendezvouslog & saves to check this. http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/833976-Saves-corruption-issue
o Concerning bugged quests, we should have fixed most of them, however we continue our tests and improvements. We recommend you to load your existing saves after the update, create a new save, and then load it in order to apply all patch modifications. If this doesn’t solve the issue, please share your saves with us on the forum.

Again, we understand your frustration and we really want to fix all those issues as soon as possible and the best way we can imagine. Our team will continue support and we will let you know as soon as a further patch is planned.

Thanks again for your support,
your MMX dev team

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Does including a lot of references in game make game better?
Not in and of itself, but it's a good indicator that the developers enjoyed and are very familiar with the older games, which means that they are passionate about the game.
The allusions are not something to list as a selling point, but can be a neat reward for players who can recognize the references.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Spirit Beacon bug is now fixed; invisible enemy won’t haunt you anymore! (You can no longer use it in dungeon or with close enemies)

lol

oh god damn it

Tigranes

Arcane
I refrained from using it due to the bug, but man, they should really have let you use it in dungeon floors that are totally cleared, at least. At least the game world is small enough and you can move while the map is up, so it's actually not that much a pain to walk around.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
To be fair, almost all dungeons are small with a short nearest way to the exit. Afaik there are only three longish ones - the Portmeyron Castle, the Lost City nad the Tomb. In the first one you don't have the beacon yet, Lost City is laced with various exits and you're not meant to pop out from the Tomb before you're done there.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I don't see why they don't let players use spirit beacon whenever they're not engaged in combat. It seems like all they have to disallow it when enemies detect the party and the red combat gem activates.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ahhh, fucking finally. Hoping the patch will ease things up on my system.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom