Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

Medic

Scholar
Patron
Okay, thanks. I'll wander more around LS before going back to ghouls.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Wot's BM? Anyway I don't think that's such a bad party, it will depend on how you distributed your skills.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Finished after 48 hours, played through every bit of content there is (except the class quests not accessible to my party of course).
Final verdict: :5/5:

Even after 48 hours the game never got boring for me. Only thing that was a bit of a letdown, but also kinda known beforehand:
not enough Sci-Fi elements :(

Other thoughts regarding the endgame:
Instead of ending on a high note, sadly the Endboss fight was more arduous than epic IMHO. Thanks to 100% feeblemind protection gear on my Magic users, the faceless were more of a pushover than a challenge in the last dungeon, the other enemies being much more dangerous than the ancient evil and supposedly most deadliest foes in the known (game) world.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So, finally getting ready to play this for serious, having finished Blackguards. Anybody have suggestions/notes on settings on a mediocre desktop? Plenty of everything, but GPU isn't fantastic.

Also, Zeriel kept saying that the Two-Handed Weapon skill didn't function with Spear... so what exactly does Two-Handed Weapon do? Are there two-handed maces? Just seems weird for the rune-priest to have the two-handed skill if that's not how it works.

Right now I'm pondering this team:

Crusader with heavy armor, sword, shield

Scout with medium armor, axe, dual wield

Runepriest with medium armor, mace, shield

Shaman with medium armor, spear, two-handed

That gives me a very good range of magic, but perhaps too pathetic melee power. Though the Scout seems like it is perfectly able to do melee stuff as well as ranged.

Pretty bullshit that you some starting skills are forced by the way, Runepriest shield skill is useless with that build.

Last edited:
I think you'll need some punching power. Maybe swap the Crusader to Barb or something, and let your Shaman or Priest take Light magic.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Crusader is fucking amazing. Swap the Scout for a Bladedancer if you want a melee heavy hitter, ranged weapons aren't really worth it in this game.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Are there any expert/master level utility or must-have spells, that require you to put skill points into magic skills you otherwise wouldn't use? Like having to get water and air to master level in MM7, to get fly and town portal.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Crusader is fucking amazing. Swap the Scout for a Bladedancer if you want a melee heavy hitter, ranged weapons aren't really worth it in this game.

Twinking is for pussies, dwarves are great. I don't need a State of the Art Insane (tm) team, just making sure I'm not gimping myself. Sent you a PM bruv :)

Arkeus

Arcane
Are there any expert/master level utility or must-have spells, that require you to put skill points into magic skills you otherwise wouldn't use? Like having to get water and air to master level in MM7, to get fly and town portal.
All the schools are good, but there are certain spells that almost any parties want:
+Dispel is a very hand catch-all if you think you can survive without your buffs one round (prime expert).
+Identify (Prime expert) saves you lots of money early on, and make it possible to identify stuff on the fly.
+Spirit beacon (Lyod's beacon smaller brother), Prime Master.
+Burning determination (Fire expert) nets you protection against stun,sleep, paralyzis. Must have.
+Stone Armor (Earth expert) grants you armor for your team.
+Eagle eye/whatever grants you +Perception, (Air Expert), which is a must have for perception check secret doors if you don't have a character that is perception-geared.
+Resurrection, Master Light. As it says on the tin.
+Sword of lights (or however it's called), Expert Light, does small damage but the enemy can't block this turn. Stupidly useful for certain kind of enemies.
+Skull Crack (Warfare Expert), says 'no' to enemy abilities. Make fights loleazy.
+Whispering Darkness (Darkness novice) lets you find secrets.

There are secrets EVERYWHERE, which kind of means that any party without a freemage is hard to contemplate.

+Sword of lights (or however it's called), Expert Light, does small damage but the enemy can't block this turn. Stupidly useful for certain kind of enemies.

Pretty sure that one is bugged. I've seen plenty of enemies block after i've used the spell.

aris

Arcane
Seriously, Kaspar is an insanely useful (and overpowered) hireling. Going to his dialogue window, I can cure all ailments on all characters by paying 15 gold for each, which is nothing. I haven't progressed in "the cure" quest yet, because he's just so damn useful.

Also, the one that you have to rescue in kartath (I forgot his name), seems extremely powerful, since if you press what about this powerful magic, he throw a shitload of buffs at you, seemingly at will. I never got to test this out properly though, as I decided to progress immediatly with that quest.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Are there two-handed maces? Just seems weird for the rune-priest to have the two-handed skill if that's not how it works.
Yes, they are called Tetsubo. Maces have chance to cause a stun effect that's useful.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron

aris

Arcane
Anyone else getting insane amounts of money? I'm banking 300k right now, and I have absolutely nothing to use it on.

aris

Arcane
Nothing beats the dog hireling. Nothing.
Orc likes new friend!

Nothing beats the dog hireling. Nothing.
What's about him? And where can I find him?
He's in the forest north of Seahaven guarded by some Blackfang thieves. He detects secrets automatically and gives you a better chance of passing the attribute checks.
Nice! But once you get the dark shard blessing, he's probably not useful anymore?

Arkeus

Arcane
Anyone else getting insane amounts of money? I'm banking 300k right now, and I have absolutely nothing to use it on.
Make sure to always check the stores for attribute/mana/life potions.

But yeah, apparently late game you aren't exactly hurting for money anymore.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Well you still get the 25% bonus to the skill check, good if you have no one with high Perception I would imagine. Then again like the other bros mentioned money becomes less of an issue later on and the loot from those hidden caches isn't anything special either.
So the dog might be a good companion for the mid-game but becomes a little less useful once you got decent gear and some gold reserves. Getting the dog mid-game could be hard though, because the guys guarding him are actually no pushovers for a mid-game party. Well at least for my unoptimized party they weren't ;)

Arkeus

Arcane
Getting the dog mid-game could be hard though, because the guys guarding him are actually no pushovers for a mid-game party. Well at least for my unoptimized party they weren't ;)
Yeah, not having a freemage means you get no secrets from Den of thieves to the end of act 2 unless you know how to optimize in order to get the dog early. That's.... kinda bad.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Finally got Master Air & Earth magic. Cyclone, Chain Lightning and Poison Cloud = :yeah:
Even humans get their shit slapped hard now thanks to the training which makes your spells bypass some resistance. Critting those faglord guards for 500 with CL is quite satisfying.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom