Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

Mortmal

Arcane
The whining continues, I wonder how these Might and Magic "fans" hurt sales...

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...-the-serie?s=58fc81104e34c857c24f1b873ce81097
MMX: Legacy - Probably the worst title from the serie.
2- The chess board-like gameplay / map and turned-based combat system.
- Why would you come with an idea like that? Who in the world decided it would be best to have a system like that for a M&M title?
:roll:

Some people should read infos about a game before buying it...

Edit:
another one:

Are you kidding me ???!!! This is dumb !!! This is the stupidest thing ever, man !!!
JEEZ LOUISE YOU GUYS DROPPED THE BALL ON THIS BAD !!!

I try to repair a weapon, the blacksmith says it doesn't need repairs... I walk for FIFTEEN MINUTES to my destination and the after the first swing... BAM it breaks...

It's like they specifically designed it this to **** PEOPLE OUT OF THEIR TIME... I AM SERIOUS ! This is almost CRIMINAL !!!

What the hell did you do with this crap? Even the "DEVS" don't know what the **** they're talking about during that Stream of theirs. They play so ****ing slow because they know the loading times are **** and don't want to reveal to their viewers how god damn ****TY the lag is and how bad the framerate is. Oh... "LET'S TAKE A BREAK" RIGHT BEFORE a known LAG SPOT. So we can let the game load so that when we come back, we can MASK how god damn ****ty this game really is to UNSUSPECTING POTENTIAL BUYERS !!!

"SMOOTH GAMEPLAY" MY *** !!! WHAT THE ****... OH MY GOD...

ty wolf

He is right, this is dumb... :smug:

They may have some good points but hide them in a pile of shit.

There's also things worth reading:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...fore-quest?s=9528d14be130bf30e246cf207b270aef

Its good to know that entering the tomb of terror before obtaining the quest completely break the game . Thats a pretty serious bug .Its not rare in a rpg to wander and explore without getting all the quests first.

shadow9d9

Learned
The whining continues, I wonder how these Might and Magic "fans" hurt sales...

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...-the-serie?s=58fc81104e34c857c24f1b873ce81097
MMX: Legacy - Probably the worst title from the serie.
2- The chess board-like gameplay / map and turned-based combat system.
- Why would you come with an idea like that? Who in the world decided it would be best to have a system like that for a M&M title?
:roll:

Some people should read infos about a game before buying it...

Edit:
another one:

Are you kidding me ???!!! This is dumb !!! This is the stupidest thing ever, man !!!
JEEZ LOUISE YOU GUYS DROPPED THE BALL ON THIS BAD !!!

I try to repair a weapon, the blacksmith says it doesn't need repairs... I walk for FIFTEEN MINUTES to my destination and the after the first swing... BAM it breaks...

It's like they specifically designed it this to **** PEOPLE OUT OF THEIR TIME... I AM SERIOUS ! This is almost CRIMINAL !!!

What the hell did you do with this crap? Even the "DEVS" don't know what the **** they're talking about during that Stream of theirs. They play so ****ing slow because they know the loading times are **** and don't want to reveal to their viewers how god damn ****TY the lag is and how bad the framerate is. Oh... "LET'S TAKE A BREAK" RIGHT BEFORE a known LAG SPOT. So we can let the game load so that when we come back, we can MASK how god damn ****ty this game really is to UNSUSPECTING POTENTIAL BUYERS !!!

"SMOOTH GAMEPLAY" MY *** !!! WHAT THE ****... OH MY GOD...

ty wolf

He is right, this is dumb... :smug:

They may have some good points but hide them in a pile of shit.

There's also things worth reading:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...fore-quest?s=9528d14be130bf30e246cf207b270aef

Its good to know that entering the tomb of terror before obtaining the quest completely break the game . Thats a pretty serious bug .Its not rare in a rpg to wander and explore without getting all the quests first.

I found the Tomb before the quest and it wouldn't allow me to enter...

Abelian

Somebody's Alt

I never played the early access version, but heard that it contained a bug that lead to items breaking frequently. However, only one item required repairs during the entirety of Act I (on Adventurer mode).

Arkeus

Arcane
I never played the early access version, but heard that it contained a bug that lead to items breaking frequently. However, only one item required repairs during the entirety of Act I (on Adventurer mode).
Items break more depending on RNG when you are blocked/hit. So basically it depends on your perceptions and the defenses you have.

So if you are a bad player with low attack value you'll always have broken item and get more and more frustrated. And then whine.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Meh, don't really feel like pressing on with my party. Defender is boring and poop. I'll just wait for them to patch the game / bring in the DLC before going back. But I think I'll go replay MM8 now. :smug:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I found the Tomb before the quest and it wouldn't allow me to enter...
same. I couldn't enter it before speaking to Shiva. good thing too because otherwise I probably would have.

narupley

Scholar
The case of Might & Magic IX is particularly sad, since Might & Magic was one of the few series - actually, the only series - from the "Golden Age of RPGs" that successfully reinvented itself for the late 90s.

If the series had been allowed to progress naturally instead of being milked to death by 3DO, it could have still existed today as an AAA franchise - a party-based alternative to The Elder Scrolls games.

There is hope for that yet.........

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Meh, don't really feel like pressing on with my party. Defender is boring and poop. I'll just wait for them to patch the game / bring in the DLC before going back. But I think I'll go replay MM8 now. :smug:
Play 6 again faggot. :rpgcodex:

The choice is between having a party of cool Necromancers, Vampires, Dark Elves, Trolls etc. vs a bunch of faggots in wigs who look like they are ready to hit up the RenFaire. Which to choose, which to choose..

narupley

Scholar
7 is my favourite, after 6, and Xeen. We can whine about mechanics and balancing minutia or exploits like kiting and poor enemy AI. Sure, some games did certain things better, and some had better soundtracks than others. But at the end of the day for me, I had the most FUN playing MMVII.

It's pretty disingenuous to focus that much on the combat mechanics in old MM games - they had tons of combat (excessive amounts really, sometimes), but I feel like all that drudgery existed to support exploring weird places, there was always something in out-of-the-way places that rewarded you for looking hard, even if it was just a comical reference or a short line of text. The scenery itself was interesting and for the most part, nicely varied. Even if you dislike the combat mechanics there's a great variety of enemies and artifacts that felt meaningful, also a great variety of spells that allowed for creative use if you aren't a huge fag and look up optimized ways to play in some walkthrough.

I'm sure I'm very nostalgic about the whole series, since it was literally the first RPG I've ever played - MM1 - but there are many who feel the same way, and many posts agreeing with what I just said.

In any case, I actually enjoyed MM7 more than 6 at the time it came out (I finished 7 before 6 actually), but coming back to the games after so many years it's pretty clear to me that MM6 has more of that unbridled adventuring aspect that feels so cool, right from the get-go. MM7 is still a good game, but as others have said before, I agree that the Dungeons were weaker and the world felt a lot smaller. The training/trainer aspect was better in 7 than in 6 from a perspective of complexity, but to my mind, simplicity isn't bad, especially in a game with such a huge scope as MM.

The most important thing, I feel, when you go into these games for the first game is not expecting to take them so seriously, like you would a Wizardry. They're goofy, uncompromising fun that makes you feel very powerful after a tough start - the power curve is always fucked up, but those initial levels are a joy to me even today.

Zeriel

Arcane
That was always my experience with M&M games, too. Great starts, really boring middle and late games. I know we are suggesting that the overpowered late-game skills and spells are part of the fun, but I wouldn't mind a M&M style game with a more challenging late-game experience.

whatevername

Arcane
How do you open hidden doors with exploits?
You face the door, cast regeneration and don't move. Now you try to open it with each character taking turns like 12341234. Because you don't move, regeneration doesn't wear off and you can try again and again, though it takes some spacebar-spamming and clicking. The first hidden passage took me about 40 attempts.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
How do you open hidden doors with exploits?
You face the door, cast regeneration and don't move. Now you try to open it with each character taking turns like 12341234. Because you don't move, regeneration doesn't wear off and you can try again and again, though it takes some spacebar-spamming and clicking. The first hidden passage took me about 40 attempts.
Ah. They ought to fix that.

ben_reck

Educated
32-bit ambient sound implementation would be nice, too. Without it, I have to face every wall tile to check for secrets instead of hearing a comment from a pc.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
32-bit ambient sound implementation would be nice, too. Without it, I have to face every wall tile to check for secrets instead of hearing a comment from a pc.
party chatter does not trigger 100% for all secrets, so you have to check anyway.

Eyeball

Arcane
I really like the goofy pop culture references in this game. Apart from the obvious one with the three bandit chiefs being named after sci-fi heroes, there are also a bunch of halfway obscure ones. I laffed at the moronic password to the Skull Rock cave and I also chuckled upon realising what the four digit password to the Tower of Enigma was. There's even an Urban Dictionary entry for that number, it's becoming some sort of video game meme!

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How the hell do I kill the Earth Elemental Lord? Yes, I am aware that the probable answer is "Make a party that does not suck, friend" but seriously is there any way to stop the Paralyse Rape Train?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom