Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
You need a spell from dark magic at expert. Or there is a NPC joins you that can find them but you find him a bit later.
Differents secret passages require different stats, that cracks require str, mechanisms require perception and glyphs require int. If you fail to open it you take a bit of damage.

Cadmus

Arcane
You need a spell from dark magic at expert. Or there is a NPC joins you that can find them but you find him a bit later.
Differents secret passages require different stats, that cracks require str, mechanisms require perception and glyphs require int. If you fail to open it you take a bit of damage.

Oh perception! That was probably the problem because I didn't level it up on a single character because it seemed useless for everything but ranged fighters.

Cadmus

Arcane
So guys have I fucked up my character builds, am I an idiot or is the game genuinely difficult on the hard difficulty?
I'm now in the Elemental Forge, lvl 11 or so, finally got magic focus expert, put some nice staves on my mages but I still have the stupid starting 1h Axe on my dwarf, I have not yet seen any other 1h axe available in shops, is it just bad luck? cuz I'm starting to fear that this skill path is not supported at all. My dorf defender has the same might as my barbarian orc but deals 30 dmg due to having a shitty weapon.

I'm having an incredibly hard time against the first earth elemental boss, I guess I'll figure something out eventually but I can't seem to have anything left to do to lvl up because all the locations are closed or empty now. And fuck that Iven fight was difficult as well, I tried retreating as not to get fucked by the 2 other archers but actually when I let them get between me and Iven it helped cuz it gave me time to heal up and replenish mana.

Don't get me wrong, I really really like the difficulty but since the is the hardest game I've played in a few years (well so far, I'm shit lvl I guess) I can't help but wonder if something is wrong :)

Also: fuck, I have really bad mana problems with both mages and I resorted to putting half the points in Spirit and lvling mysticism because every 3rd or 4th turn is wasted on chugging a stupid 50 mp potion.

So hm I don't know, is this at least in the realm of normal or am I an idiot for some reason?

Zeriel

Arcane
Shops items are randomly generated, but shops have lists of item types that they can spawn. I don't off hand recall if the starter shop had axes... either way, at that level it kind of doesn't matter very much, if you find a good weapon you can just chuck it on your character regardless, as long as they have a skill level of 1.

Cadmus

Arcane
Yeah, I guess I should have taken 1 lvl in something else just to account for the variety of loot, lol.

Zeriel

Arcane
For a defender I wouldn't say it matters that much. They're never going to do great damage. And there are plenty of 1H axes waiting for you, including "free" relics.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Personally, I would have recommended starting the game on Adventurer so you can get used to the game mechanics, then use some of the meta-knowledge for a Hard playthrough.

As far as messing up the builds, you should be fine if you focus on the skills that the character can attain grandmaster proficiency. Just don't spread yourself too thin over too many skills. For example, I initially wasted a couple of points in ranged weapons for my freemage and druid, which are all but useless now.

Luzur

Good Sir
well, i just started, updated and put a good 3-4 hours into the game, no stuttering/my PC fan suiciding or any crashes (game works smoother now atleast) so i guess things are back on track now.

Dorateen

Arcane
Just trained, possibly for the last time. The end draws nigh... I can smell it!

Here's what a Level 32 Defender looks like:

Equipped

CharacterEquipment.png

Combat Stats

CharacterStats.png

Skills

CharacterSkills.png

Unwanted

Kaiserian

Andhaira
Andhaira
I finished 5 levels of Tomb of Thousand Terrors two months ago and it was a cool dungeon or whatever it can be called. I had few crashes here and there but they weren't drastic, unless I was fighting those sanctuary priestesses...

M&M X isn't great, but it's almost a 7/10 based on what I've played. Plot and Story are interesting and it has a very good codex but characters are somewhat dull. As a whole I don't like its very old school square movements. I really loved the freedom of movement in M&M 6-9.

Dorateen

Arcane
It's a good party setup. The classes have some synergy, I find they work well together.

I know there aren't strictly formations, but I can't help but think of the first two spots as the frontline fighters, and positions 3 and 4 being behind.

Cadmus

Arcane
Personally, I would have recommended starting the game on Adventurer so you can get used to the game mechanics, then use some of the meta-knowledge for a Hard playthrough.

As far as messing up the builds, you should be fine if you focus on the skills that the character can attain grandmaster proficiency. Just don't spread yourself too thin over too many skills. For example, I initially wasted a couple of points in ranged weapons for my freemage and druid, which are all but useless now.
Nah, I like it on hard. I'm not totally retarded so I believe I can handle it like this, I just want to know whether the game is or isn't broken not to waste time on useless shit. But so far it seems pretty good. Great even. Honestly, it's very exciting and I like almost everything about it so far.

Unwanted

Kaiserian

Andhaira
Andhaira
My team is consisted of Human Paladin, Human Archmage, Dwarf Pathfinder and Elf Warden. Even on Adventurer difficulty the game is very difficult sometimes. The plan is to avoid difficult areas until you get enough levels, and great magical weapons, armors, rings etc.

Luzur

Good Sir
It's a good party setup. The classes have some synergy, I find they work well together.

I know there aren't strictly formations, but I can't help but think of the first two spots as the frontline fighters, and positions 3 and 4 being behind.

that is the old Dungeon Master ways, bro.

My team is consisted of Human Paladin, Human Archmage, Dwarf Pathfinder and Elf Warden. Even on Adventurer difficulty the game is very difficult sometimes. The plan is to avoid difficult areas until you get enough levels, and great magical weapons, armors, rings etc.

tell me about it, im on adventure but cant handle spectres (or any paralysing enemy) good at all, combing the markets for anti-paralyse stuff every game session.

Zeriel

Arcane

tell me about it, im on adventure but cant handle spectres (or any paralysing enemy) good at all, combing the markets for anti-paralyse stuff every game session.

Expert Fire Magic has a spell (Burning Determination) that makes you immune. Game is really balanced around the assumption you have spellcasting covered.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt

Expert Fire Magic has a spell (Burning Determination) that makes you immune. Game is really balanced around the assumption you have spellcasting celestial armor, burning determination, and regeneration covered.
Fixed.
I was only partially joking, since others have noted in this thread how essential a few of the spells are. Also, it's a good idea to diversify the magic schools since there are a lot of enemies with high resistances.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kaiserian

Andhaira
Andhaira
andhaira.png
lolwut? this is not my avatar! who could have possibly changed it?!

You need to upgrade your magical skills after each level up so you can get expert and mastery in them in order to buy new ward (and agrresive) spells from magic shops. Also it's better to discover all the cities when you're at level 15-20 < aren't easy tasks at all!
Spectres are one of the tough kind of creatures in the game BTW.

Last edited:

Luzur

Good Sir

Expert Fire Magic has a spell (Burning Determination) that makes you immune. Game is really balanced around the assumption you have spellcasting covered.

my dwarf is a firecaster, i'll check his spells.

Cadmus

Arcane
Guys why the fuck does everything have such high resistances against magic. Or everything.
My goddamn freemage stupidly focused on air magic, I can't find air master trainer, all humans resist air, I put 1 point in fire magic humans go dead, now goblins come, at lvl 19 I cant kill a party consisting of 2 goblin watchacallthem hunters or something and 1 elite war panther,cuz war panther bites off my dick. I cast celestial armor for 130 dmg protection, cast stone skin, cast shadow thingy to avoid 1 attack and my guy goes dead anyway.

I have some questions:
1) is it correct that if I kill a monster in a Dangerous Cave and all party members are alive, they get around 200xp but if only one he gets around 40? What's with that?
2) Is buff damage reduction applied before celestial armor or after? I can't really tell.
3) how does evasion and armor and resistances work? evasion is a chance so I guess it's totally abstract and just the bigger the better but armor? Is it 50 armor=50% damage received? or damage -50 points received? or what. And resistances say it's % but I wonder about that too.
4) is there any bonus gained from skill being raised by an item bonus beyond a training treshold? e.g. I have master mace skill maxed but no grandmaster learned, I get item + 5 mace skill, do I still receive the bonus damage as if my skill was 5 points higher even if it's not possible? I noticed skills I don't have don't give bonus if gained from items so there's that.

Something's wrong. I got Shalassasasadadada blessing, I'm starting to loathe the loot dump after every dungeon and get annoyed when I have to switch nice items for nice items because I'm not sure how everything works and what bonuses are more useful and I have to check this all the time due to getting so much shit.

It's still incredibly hard on lvl 19 so I guess my characters kinda suck. I can't even abuse sleep because the best weapon for my barbarian I've found deals AoE damage and he's practically my only damage dealer. I'm now supposed to find the entrance to Karthaal but there's nothing in the sewers with the informant, I can't possibly survive in the jungle and there seems to be nothing there, too. I killed the Amor or Arok or something, the big wolf boss near karthaal but his lair doesn't have the entrance either. Can't enter from the Lost city karthaal sewers 2 entrance, it's blocked inside. Can't survive anywhere.

I got a retarded +xp companion who wants me to take him somewhere and I have no idea where but I'd rather take the cook cuz the rest bonus seemed nice.
I have about 55k and that seems like a lot of money and I'm starting to get the feeling that I should have more sets of armors and jewels with resistances for specific encounters and that idea haunts me because I hate having to switch items all the time and remember who had what and I still don't know stuff for sure. Bleh.

Any hints where a functional karthaal entrance might be? I guess I'll just have to triple check everywhere and try to beat some fight but there's some enemies who totally destroy me: all the jungle fucks, even the regular spearmen skeletons, ravenous ghouls oh god. I've even cleared all the dangerous caves I could find so far, sometimes just by blocking forever with my dorf while the rest lay dead.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
The backway into Karthaal isn't far from the main city entrance. I'm pretty sure you should have been directed there by a quest if it's time to go in, but maybe you can go early. I can't remember.

The experience thing doesn't sound right at all. I'm not babysitting you through the other stuff because I'm not in a helpful mood and would need to boot up the game to remember some of it for certain.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom