Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Might and Magic VII enrollment

Erebus

Arcane
Please note that I have added a second character in my original post, there is competition for the light cleric position (oh, the suspense!)

Curse you, Cthulhu !

All right, then I'm also taking a second (hypothetical) character : an elven Sorcerer with the second "male elf" portrait.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Oh come on, is this a walk in the park or an interesting adventure?

Since you're being greedy on other fronts, I'll volunteer an "interesting" (=gimped) character for the good party: Cappen, an Elven Knight (second portrait, or first if the second is already taken by another char in the same party).

Feel free to disqualify the char if you love the Great Optimum in the Sky too much :M

How about Kenshi, a Goblin Male Archer with
Gm0Yv.jpg
as his portrait?

Lindblum

Augur
Light party
Rin-do-Bum
(Human)
uuJxC.jpg

Having destroyed Mother Brain in a Parallel Dimention/ Timey-Wimey space continuum, it seems Lindblum's parallel twin/ version/ copy has awaken to the call of the universe..
Rindo-Bum having inherited the wisdom of the ancient civilization know as "Asians", has started on the path of the Cleric.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Alright. It seems that we have plenty of candidates for the light party. Rolls commencing.
Dun, dun, dunnn!!!

Slot 1: Malac Ross 1, Cappen 6: Cappen wins!

Slot 2: TheGreat0ldOne 5, Jack 1, Mrowak 4, Kenshi 4: TheGreat0ldOne wins!

Slot 3: Erebus 6, TheGreat0ldOne defaults to 0, Rin-do-Bum 2: Erebus wins!

Slot 4: Mrowak 6, Erebus 1: Mrowak wins!

So, I'll be going with a slightly gimped elven knight, interesting. :salute: Elsewise, I'm pretty happy with the results. And I didn't even cheat! :troll:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
BTW, how are you going with the updates - you are telling me you are going to do two playthrough simultaneaously? Maybe you should go with the dark party till the fateful choice and from then on diverge, somehow. It would be easier.

It would be easier yes, but I want 8 codexers to have a shot at this, so I'll be running to parties parrallel. I know this will be more work, but up until the actual choice between light or dark, I will be changing from one party to the other for different updates, so I'll only have to do writeups for one half. I'll do some comparisons at some parts, but in general I'm happy that it will not be too much work.
The most time consuming part of doing an LP is ordering screenshots, uploading them and doing the writeups anyway. M:

Erebus

Arcane
Both parties have someone who can steal, which could be fairly useful when they need to get a Cube of Power (you otherwise have to face an extremely difficult fight).
I seem to remember that the first thief promotion quest is bugged, although that may just be my version of the game.

I'm thinking of playing M&M 7 again (though not right now) and my party would probably be knight/monk/paladin/sorcerer. Grand Mastery is very useful for elemental magic, because it makes some spells much more useful (Invisibility lasts way longer, for instance), but I've never found it especially important for clerical magic.

Kayerts

Arcane
If memory serves, grandmaster body is game-breaking for at least two reasons.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
don't know about the second one, but having protection from magic absorbing every status attack (including the infamous blaster eradication) breakes the game badly.

4 mages make for an interesting playthrough, though.

Kayerts

Arcane
I was thinking of the infinite XP/gold/skill points/everything exploit, but yeah, PfM was pretty ridiculous even in its intended use.

Grandmaster regen was the other thing I was thinking of; it was gross enough that they made it one of the main features of another class in MM8.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Had some trouble with MMVII. Everything ran OK with hardware acceleration turned off, but I couldn't take any screenshots. If I had acceleration turned on, the game wouldn't load. I found out, that if I disabled live anti-virus scanning, I could fire up the game with acceleration on as intended, no problems. :smug:
Now I just need to sort screenshots and write the first update, as the two groups need to make a decision.

Oh, and yes. Grandmaster regeneration is a thing I like. I play this game now to show you the story. If a spell in the game breaks it to my advantage, you can bet I'm going to grab that. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom