Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Might and Magic VII enrollment

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Enrollment closed, final participants chosen by the 6-sided die!

Having saved the continent of Enroth, we now turn our sights on Erathia, for there is still Plans to be Foiled and/or Evil to be Conquered.
Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor has both a Light path and a Dark path. Substitute Evil and Good and you'll get the general idea.
I've chosen to show them both. To that end, I require some codexers to be my willing guinea pigs in the coming LP.
I need 4 for each party. You may apply with as many characters as you wish, but each codexer only gets chosen once. If you wish to maximise your chances of being in the LP, feel free to enroll to both the evil and good parties and with several characters.
I will decide who joins up, and I have a pretty set idea of how I'd like the parties to be put together.
First though, let's take a look at the available classes and races. MMVII has expanded the choices compared to MMVI, we now have 4 races to choose between, and 9 classes.

gD7xt.jpg

As to the races, humans are good all-rounders. No real weak points. Elves excel in intellect and accuracy, making for good sorcerers and archers, but poor knights due to low might and endurance. Goblins have high might and speed, low intellect and personality meaning they're not going to be my primary spellcasters, but they are excellent knights, thieves and monks. Dwarves have high might and endurance but low accuracy and speed. They make for good knights, paladins and clerics.
The skills the classes can learn are divvied further up into categories. Some classes can get only basic training, while others can reach grandmastery in some skills. Then there's the middle ground as well. Here are the tables for skills and mastery of those:

rRfJe.jpg

p0Olq.jpg

2Yjwd.jpg

uaeON.jpg

There are four spots in each of the two groups. They will be filled out as follows:
1: Knight/paladin
2: any class
3: Cleric
4: Sorcerer
This is what I want. I'm the one playing the game, and therefore I call the shots. Take it or leave it. :smug: I want grandmastery in all spell schools, therefore I need at least one of both Cleric and Sorcerer, and I also want grandmastery in Repair, facilitating the need for either a Knight or Paladin.

Now for the portraits. Here are the portraits you can choose between:
Human males:
9weZs.jpg
WmQti.jpg
uuJxC.jpg
TV6CI.jpg

Human females:
dx5uy.jpg
3Znkx.jpg
hWdS8.jpg
0gDJt.jpg

Elven males:
T5DXE.jpg
arAgV.jpg

Elven female:
h7LRT.jpg
y8mpn.jpg

Dwarven males:
BiaoB.jpg
YH2vc.jpg

Dwarven females:
qoXBr.jpg
ywT0W.jpg

Goblin males:
Gm0Yv.jpg
W5vAC.jpg

Goblin females:
8JiFB.jpg
Gy1uq.jpg

If you're wondering what the different skill masteries mean, here are the lists taken directly from the manual, I've put the skills behind the spoiler tag, so they won't take up too much space:
OA33M.jpg

yYMyx.jpg

RwGf6.jpg

dz2zC.jpg

There. I think you have all you need to make your choices. :salute:
Give me a race, class, picture and name. I will choose your beginning skills, but you can let me know if you wish to focus in a specific set of skills to master. I might even pay attention. :smug:

Here's a list of all the spells in the game and their effects depending on training. As you can see from the lists, not everyone can learn all spells, the more powerful spells require training in the appropriate spell skill, hence why I want both a cleric and sorcerer.
Just like with the skills, I've put the spells behind the spoiler tag, so they won't take up too much space.
zjAyA.jpg

dD3qv.jpg

MvbOn.jpg

MEKqi.jpg

mHLL0.jpg

DUB2n.jpg

YTJhw.jpg

zvrf1.jpg

MvB9k.jpg

BfwVW.jpg

MB5hH.jpg

gm23v.jpg

ShOEV.jpg

qcQtY.jpg

iJekT.jpg

Remember, the sooner I have two full parties, the sooner the LP can start. M:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Interested in joining the party for the dark path:

Slot 1: Lightbane,
WmQti.jpg
paladin​

Slot 2: DaveO, druid (picture not chosen), rolled 5... Kayerts,
BiaoB.jpg
monk, rolled 6!... Mrowak,
9weZs.jpg
druid, rolled 2...​

Slot 3: Crooked Bee,
3Znkx.jpg
cleric, rolled 1... Storyfag,
BiaoB.jpg
cleric, rolled 6!..​

Slot 4: Crooked Bee,
h7LRT.jpg
sorcerer, rolled 2... Storyfag,
9weZs.jpg
sorcerer, rolled 3... Mrowak,
9weZs.jpg
sorcerer, rolled 1..​

The dark party is set to go!
It'll be:

Lightbane,
WmQti.jpg
paladin
Kayerts,
BiaoB.jpg
monk
Storyfag,
BiaoB.jpg
cleric
Crooked Bee,
h7LRT.jpg
sorcerer

Storyfag and Crooked Bee rolled off against eachother in two categories, Storyfag won them both, but with the largest margin as a cleric. So that's what he gets to play. :smug: He's the uncanny identical twin to Kayerts it seems, one a monk, the other a cleric.
That's what you get for choosing the same portrait. M:

Interested in joining the party for the light path:

Slot 1: Malac Ross (Mrowak),
W5vAC.jpg
knight
, rolled 1... Cappen,
T5DXE.jpg
knight, rolled 6!...​

Slot 2: TheGreat0ldOne,
uuJxC.jpg
thief, rolled 5... Jack,
T5DXE.jpg
ranger, rolled 1... Mrowak,
9weZs.jpg
druid, rolled 4... Kenshi,
Gm0Yv.jpg
archer, rolled 4...​

Slot 3: Erebus,
YH2vc.jpg
cleric, rolled 6... TheGreat0ldOne,
YH2vc.jpg
cleric, rolled 0(was chosen for thief part) Rin-do-Bum,
uuJxC.jpg
cleric, rolled 2...​

Slot 4: Mrowak,
9weZs.jpg
sorcerer, rolled 6... Erebus,
arAgV.jpg
sorcerer, rolled 1...​

The light party is set to go!
They are:

Cappen,
T5DXE.jpg
knight
TheGreat0ldOne,
uuJxC.jpg
thief
Erebus,
YH2vc.jpg
cleric
Mrowak,
9weZs.jpg
sorcerer

Great0ldOne

Educated
The Great0ldOne is a male human thief with a heart of gold (that is to say, light path). He looks pretty derpy
uuJxC.jpg
, but that only helps lull his evil enemies into a false sense of security before he backstabs them.

EDIT: Ok, the Great0ldOne is so great and 0ld, he is not limited to a single role. When bored, he moonlights as a dwarven male cleric
YH2vc.jpg
with a cock of gold (don't ask, there was an accident, but the ladies sure love to see their two favorite things in life combined), smiting evil with his right, mace-wielding arm, and spending his hard-earned loot on booze and whores with his left, jewel-ladden grubby paw.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Note that if several people apply for the same spot (multiple sorcerers for the dark path for instance :M ) I will decide who gets to join the party with a roll of a die. :bro:

Kayerts

Arcane
I'll join as a future ninja, because punching stuff while wielding a staff is prestigious indeed. I will play as male dwarf #1, so as to be undetectable by tall people.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
If you would like to substitute me for Miss Bee up there as the Dark Sorcerer, feel free to mutate Storyfag into a BRO dwarven (first male image) Dark Cleric-smith. Give him the repair skill, if reasonable.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Note that if several people apply for the same spot (multiple sorcerers for the dark path for instance :M ) I will decide who gets to join the party with a roll of a die. :bro:

Make me a dwarven Cleric, then, if you lack one.

EDIT: Or make Storyfag a Cleric, whatev. :P

EDIT2: Go for whatever female portrait, they're all equally ugly. :P

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Heh, as I suspected, the dark path is off to a flying start. :roll: I could fire the game up now with the entries I have, but I will give people a little more time. Remember people, you can try to sign up for the light path as well, but you won't get to play in both..

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Late for the dark path :(

9weZs.jpg

Mrowak - sorcerer or druid

Light path... But we both know you won't have patience for both paths :p

Edit: Are you going to take out that Red Dragon on Emerald Isle?

Edit2: How's the stability of the game? I tried replaying it recently on Win7 but it keeps giving me issues.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
As can be seen from the edited third post in this thread, we could get the dark party started now, but the light party is still short at least 2 volounteers. Should I fix 4 members in the dark party and get started? That way, people who did not get to do the Dark Mambo, could join up for the light side..

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Edit: Are you going to take out that Red Dragon on Emerald Isle?

Edit2: How's the stability of the game? I tried replaying it recently on Win7 but it keeps giving me issues.

The dragon's definitely going down. I want to finish this game with both parties, and looting a dragon at the start of the game will give a nice leg up, leading to less frustration. :smug:

As to the stability, I couldn't say yet. I've installed the Grayface mod, and I hope it'll be as smooth going as MMVI (which only crashed occasionally :M ).

Mrowak

Arcane
Ok, because there's no one for the light party I put forward another candidate:

Malac Ross

W5vAC.jpg

Knight.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Eh, I wish you'd went with moar interesting builds for your party than that. I mean, coupla fighters, cleric, thief, how much more BSB can this go? Especially after fully completing the VI - it's not like they play differently from each other. Why no love for something exotic like 3x archers? Then you could have an almost limit break like this:

limit%20break.JPG

This is their real time shooting speed and no cheats are involved (well, other than changing appearances of two dark elves to cleric & vampire ones - don't like to have clones in the party and dark elvish males are kinda fugly in this game).

Sure, it is VIII, but that is because I have lost my VII archer party savegames - it works there too.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm a traditionalist and I love my spells. The shooting speed looks similar to what is achieved with blaster weaponry. I guess it's just a question of lowering the recovery speed sufficiently, then you'll stun-lock any single enemy until it is dead. Worked like a charm in The Hive. :salute:
Anyhow, the dark side party is set. I've played a bit, and come to a point where a choice has to be made. I will put it up to the four members of the party whether to accept a certain proposition or not. :smug:
Just need to write the update, and my youngest is also demanding my attention, so I hope, but cannot promise, that it will be today.

Erebus

Arcane
If there's still a slot left in your light party, I feel like being a dwarven cleric (with the second portrait, since the first one's already used twice in the dark party).

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
There is indeed still space in the light party, as Mrowak has applied for three different positions, and I shall grant only one place per codexer. So either he's a sorcerer, a druid or a knight, but not all three. Were he to become a knight, we only need 1 more potential recruit for the sorcerer position.
There's no need to hurry though, as I expect to finish the first update with the dark party before I fire up the light party. From then on, I think I will more or less alternate between light and dark, and only highlight the differences. Which will be few until late in the game. :M

Mrowak

Arcane
^ I will only say that if by stroke of fate I will be picked twice, I prefer to be a sorceror.

BTW, how are you going with the updates - you are telling me you are going to do two playthrough simultaneaously? Maybe you should go with the dark party till the fateful choice and from then on diverge, somehow. It would be easier.

Great0ldOne

Educated
Please note that I have added a second character in my original post, there is competition for the light cleric position (oh, the suspense!)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom