Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metal Gear Solid Δ (Snake Eater Remake) - PC/PS5/Xbox confirmed to use original voice files

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
If those screenshots are the standard they are going to hold themselves for the entire development of this remake - then at least the levels and assets will essentially be a near 1:1 recreation

But the fundamental problem here is that like RE4 this is a remake that didn't need to happen as the original has stood the test of time

And worst is that I am sure that the gameplay will essentially be MGS5, because there's no way modern casual audiences will tolerate the unorthodoxy of MGS3 controls
"Good" some you might say
No, it's not good
MGS5 gameplay is great yes, but MGS3 gameplay is perfectly designed for the experience that MGS3 is and still unique to this day (there is literally nothing out there that plays like this)
About the only improvements you could do to MGS3 are difficulty tweaks - lower Snake's hp, reduce the amount of suppressors and make them degrade faster (specially for the tranq gun), etc. - and quality of life changes - fps view could be toggleable, add control customization, less cumbersome item menu, etc.

Of course then there is all the other shit I am sure this remake will change:
- no classic Snake Eater camera
- "realistic" dialogue and cutscenes, à la REmake 4
- possibly no Raiden bullying segment

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
There have been a lot of new trailers and game reveals today am I missing some kind of game/press event?

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Ok this coming out on PC is pretty damn good news. That said my PS2 copy still works fine so I'll wait much like with MGS5 and pick it up when its like $5.
The mod potential here is pretty massive.

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Looks like one of those Unreal 4 asset flip, fake "in-engine" teaser trailers you find on YouTube. At least that made me more appreciative of Kojima-san's excentric, self-indulgent ways.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I never understood the hype behind this game, the game is mostly composed of typical nonsensical Kojima cutscenes, the injury system in theory is great but in practice is way too simplistic and becomes repetitive, the ending is a railshooter.
Agreed. I liked 1, 2, and 4 more. I probably would never play any of them now but back then when I was a dumb kid 3 was my least favorite.

deuxhero

Arcane
And worst is that I am sure that the gameplay will essentially be MGS5, because there's no way modern casual audiences will tolerate the unorthodoxy of MGS3 controls
MGS3's controls are literally impossible replicate on anything except the PS2 or PS3. It's one of the few PS2 games that uses the pressure sensitive face buttons, and one of the even smaller number that used them for something other than a car's accelerator. The 360 version of HD collection had to totally rework the controls because of this.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
I never understood the hype behind this game, the game is mostly composed of typical nonsensical Kojima cutscenes, the injury system in theory is great but in practice is way too simplistic and becomes repetitive, the ending is a railshooter.
Agreed. I liked 1, 2, and 4 more. I probably would never play any of them now but back then when I was a dumb kid 3 was my least favorite.
That's because you have shit taste.

MGS3 is literally the pinnacle of the series, followed fairly closely by the first MGS. 2 and 4 were utter shit. And 5 was just kind of meh if you're being completely honest with yourself.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Anyway it would be nice if we get a pc port this time,I played it using an emulator years ago and loved it
I was wondering why Konami hadn't re-released HD Collection on modern systems (other than being incompetent) to have some income.
They actually announced a Metal Gear Solid Master Collection vol 1 that includes HD versions of 1,2,3, that went under the radar.They just mention it will be on latest platforms so it's not clear if it will be on pc but I certainly hope so

https://www.konami.com/mg/mc/us/en/

Ground Zeroes in the jungle would be good, too bad they won’t just do that.

I’d assume that is what they’re going to do. Remake the third game in the Fox Engine, use the gameplay from MGS5, maybe beef up the CQC. Basically be like MGS5 with Survival Viewer. Maybe they also let you starve to death like in Metal Gear Survive.

Would be interesting if sleeping was added, and the fleshed out the whole Guy Savage mini game dream thing.

Yosharian

Arcane
The only thing worse than this retarded announcement is the way in which slobbering morons all over the internet came in their pants over it

This is triple-A gaming in 2023, out of ideas and regurgitating reheated vomit for the masses

toughasnails

Do we still get to devour large quantities of exotic, likely endangered animals, doing so with great gusto in our display of our raw masculine supremacy over nature?

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
MGS3's controls are literally impossible replicate on anything except the PS2 or PS3. It's one of the few PS2 games that uses the pressure sensitive face buttons
I wouldn't say impossible to replicate
I mean there are pressure sensitive gaming keyboards
Also don't most controllers have pressure sensitive face buttons nowadays?
The 360 version of HD collection had to totally rework the controls because of this.
Funnily enough I did begin a new playtrhough of MGS3 not even 2 months ago
For some damn reason I couldn't get the HD Collection to run decently on the PS3 emulator and I didn't want to replay on the PS2 emulator as that version of the game isn't suited for HD resolutions
So instead I tried the 360's Xenia emulator and to my surprise it runs near almost flawlessly (the rain is rendered smaller than it should be and sometimes the audio in the cutscenes is delayed)

And 5 was just kind of meh if you're being completely honest with yourself.
MGS5 has excellent gameplay and AI, but unfortunately most missions don't match the quality of those mechanics

The only thing worse than this retarded announcement is the way in which slobbering morons all over the internet came in their pants over it
I think people were more exited at the news of this franchise's revival than at the game itself
I mean Konami has been sitting their asses on this IP like a dragon ever since Survive was shat on by every asshole on the internet

Anyway it would be nice if we get a pc port this time,I played it using an emulator years ago and loved it
I was wondering why Konami hadn't re-released HD Collection on modern systems (other than being incompetent) to have some income.
They actually announced a Metal Gear Solid Master Collection vol 1 that includes HD versions of 1,2,3, that went under the radar.They just mention it will be on latest platforms so it's not clear if it will be on pc but I certainly hope so

https://www.konami.com/mg/mc/us/en/

Why didn't they start with that first?
Also if it's not on PC then there's no reason for this
Console players could already play all games thanks to backwards compatibility

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom