Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metal Gear Solid Δ (Snake Eater Remake) - PC/PS5/Xbox confirmed to use original voice files

Baron Dupek

Arcane
They dropped Fox Engine for UE5

F9TSSUPWYAAYg4I
F9TSTxyWIAAQQO4
F9TSUEiXQAA-0qA
F9TSbvkXgAAzQhL

Last edited:

ferratilis

Magister
It triggers my autism how he's grabbing that mud cliff edge in the trailer. As if this remake was made by a company that doesn't care about details or consistency. Oh wait...

I've only played Demon's Souls with RPCS3. Wasn't aware that people use it to play PS2 games. Demon's Souls' first area is just black now when I play it again two years later now (Wasn't planning to play it again so soon anyway, but just wanted to see.) and PS2 ISOs are not showing when I navigate to them with "Add Games," and I can't drag them in either. Will try it some other time.
I was talking about the PS3 version of MGS3, which is part of the HD Collection. Sorry for not specifying before. The pressure-sensitive stuff works alright there.

911 Jumper

Educated
Yeah, as expected, I hate the way this looks. The art style
looks too realistic, it just feels soulless.

Once again, I don't even know why they are bothering, especially as MGS3 is now available on current gen platforms.

Ezekiel

Arcane
If they want to sell merchandise, they should reprint the giant Yoji Shinkawa artbooks. I'm so jealous of owners whose copies are valued at 500 dollars.

911 Jumper

Educated
If they want to sell merchandise, they should reprint the giant Yoji Shinkawa artbooks. I'm so jealous of owners whose copies are valued at 500 dollars.
Always wanted to get my hands on them, especially the MGS2 and ZoE ones.

Ezekiel

Arcane
I've only played Demon's Souls with RPCS3. Wasn't aware that people use it to play PS2 games. Demon's Souls' first area is just black now when I play it again two years later now (Wasn't planning to play it again so soon anyway, but just wanted to see.) and PS2 ISOs are not showing when I navigate to them with "Add Games," and I can't drag them in either. Will try it some other time.
I was talking about the PS3 version of MGS3, which is part of the HD Collection. Sorry for not specifying before. The pressure-sensitive stuff works alright there.
Oh. I thought it would be better to play the PS2 versions again because of the effects that didn't carry over to the PS3 version and screwups like the excessive bloom shown in the screenshot comparison two pages ago. Also, Bluepoint tastelessly added their own credits to the end and made them run so much longer that the Debriefing theme that played minutes before had to be repeated. Remastering team credits are what the menu is for. But the PS3 versions are better suited to widescreen displays than the PS2 versions emulated. Downloading the HD Collection. If it wasn't so complicated, I would just rip my own disc. No longer have a PS3.

Tehdagah

Arcane
I wonder if the controls will be as clunky as the original or if they will include the improvements from the 3DS version.

Ezekiel

Arcane
8bitmetal.jpg

I still can't figure it out. The pressure sensitivity does work if I set Square and Circle to (physically) R2 and L2. I can raise the gun and lower it again without shooting. But if I assign those buttons to Y and A (X and B for Xbox) as well, the pressure sensitivity stops, as if the emulator hiearchy has to go off the button that's not pressure sensitive. MGS3 runs like a dream and I'm in the mood to play through it again. But I can't only have the gun attached to the trigger because of how you hold R1 to get into first person (Awkward as hell to use both trigger and bumper.) and strafe with L1 while in shoot mode.

Last edited:
Another option is running MGS3 through Xenia - no need to remap pressure stuff there, they simply had L3 as a function toggle.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
First (and only) Metal Gear Solid game(s) I played was MGS V: Ground Zeros + TPP. Was a bit shocked that GZ was sold at the time for full retail price considering it was about 1/4 the size of your average DLC (about 20 minutes of gameplay time). W. T. F? But it was intriguing enough to make me play 1/2 of Phantom Pain. That was actually one of the better stealth-action games I've played and I would never think of saying never to further entries/remakes/remasters in the series. It's got that certain something that makes me wish I'd played others in the series. However, for my first playthrough of Phantom Pain I did use an increased difficulty mod and that's never a good idea, ya know? I'd be slowly sneakin' through a room with a window all hunched down at night and if I accidently lifted my head for a microsecond, some guard 100 meters away on the other side of the compound, also behind a window, would start a'comin' to get me. Did I mention it's never a good idea to use difficulty mods on your first playthrough of a stealth game? At least I never used the chicken hat... for more than 5 minutes.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yes. It was a marvel of optimization and looked amazing
Yeah, though sometimes I wonder if the limited number of dudes in a zone, and the lack of persistence(dudes never chase you when you run off, they just keep harrassing Central about it.) was a design limitation or engine limitation.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Another option is running MGS3 through Xenia - no need to remap pressure stuff there, they simply had L3 as a function toggle.
Have something crazier in mind. I will order a DualShock 2 controller and a USB adapter. DualShock 3 controllers had poor build quality.

Yes. It was a marvel of optimization and looked amazing
Yeah, though sometimes I wonder if the limited number of dudes in a zone, and the lack of persistence(dudes never chase you when you run off, they just keep harrassing Central about it.) was a design limitation or engine limitation.
The two often go hand in hand. The important thing is that it ran well and looked great. Performance is always king in my book.

Ezekiel

Arcane
The performance in Death Stranding is insane. Different engine, but probably very similar design. I run it at 4K at HRR with everything on high/max, while new Unreal games don't perform half that well on my i5-12600K and RX 6800.

Ash

Arcane
I think this trend of remaking the hits of the late 90s to early 2000s is a symptom of an industry that can't create new stuff. I think the talent just isn't there. Even Japanese devs are increasingly choosing to stick to stuff that's familar.

I don’t buy this idea. The audience wants it, so the publishers supply it. Take Final Fantasy 7 and Resident Evil 4. And a FF7 remake is something the Final Fantasy audience has wanted for around two decades. If anything a FF7 remake probably should’ve happened sometime back during the 360 era.

These two remakes, the Resident Evil 4 and Final Fantasy 7 remakes, are so mechanical different they could easily have been new games. Gameplay is totally different in that RE4 remake, with bosses that act completely different, and normal enemies that act different. That game could’ve easily been some Resident Evil 9, now maybe a RE9 that echoes aspects of the original RE4, but it could’ve easily been a new game. Same goes with the Final Fantasy 7 remake, which has gameplay so radically different from the original FF7 that it could piss people off. And has big story changes, big enough story changes that some people got pissed off about it. That Final Fantasy 7 remake could’ve easily been some Final Fantasy 16 game set in a similar cyberpunk retrofuturistic as Final Fantasy 7, but that’s not what they did, they did some version of FF7 instead.

Everything, literally everything about the FF7 remake is straight decline and pisses me off. Gameplay, visuals, tone, writing, marketing, audio, voice acting, overall content and the whole thing being set in midgar. Jesus fucking christ it's bad.
RE4 remake is way less offensive by comparison.

All remakes are decline, and FF7R is probably the worst and most declined of them all.

The Decline

Arcane

Ash

Arcane
Bullshit. MGS should only ever be played keyboard-only. Controllers are crap.

:mlady:

I wonder how MGS games even work on PC. Never bothered with those versions as to my knowledge they are straight ports with zero content changes. If I recall they had a lot of unique controller input, such as pressure-sensitive actions, for example leaning: how hard you press the lean button determines how far out you lean. None of it was strictly necessary to beat the game I guess so it'd work just fine without, and there's always alternate ways to go about things anyway.

Last edited:

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Konami was right.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom