Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metagaming (maximum lore) thread, updated

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
You need 3 tubes for Power armor to enter Arch?

http://ageofdecadence.gamepedia.com/Power_Armor

Here it say it is activated with 1, just need 3 for full unlock.

Also, i can get power armor in gannezzar and return to well in madoran to get tubes?

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Yes, you can go back. Only the abyss will be unaccessible. You will need a fully powered armour though, it also drains your max hp for the last unlock. If you do not want to kill anyone, you will only be able to use the healing machine once for either +1 STR, DEX or CON.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
I got there by joining Meru. I'm not sure if there is any other way. You can get the coordinates off the Arch but it still won't enable you to travel to the location sadly.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
House Aurelian seem to know where it is since I used the airship to bluff them into withdrawing, and the text as well as Lord Meru describe them as destroying the Temple out of spite.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
They certainly know where it is, even when going with Meru there are Aurelian guards posted outside that you have to convince or kill before going in. But the Aurelians are content with just destroying it as you mentioned so a large part of the Balzaar vs Agathoth conflict is buried with it.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I figured out aurelian praetor thing, will update shortly.
In short, it tells about Al-Akia city.

Question: does 2nd gas mask (in sewers) work for abyss? They look a bit different.

Blackmill

Scholar
Metagaming to get maximum knowledge of game world with 1 character. You will miss a lot events since they require combat but you can aquire most knowledge peacefuly.

Class: Non-fighting, peaceful loremaster (praetor?).

While you can grab points of interest with different characters and its easy - for example you can fully explore Abyss within 4-5 minutes of gameplay by doing prior 2 quests in Teron - but getting most (all?) knowledge with 1 character will be challenge.

Build:

Str 4 Dex 8 Con 4 Per 8 Int 9 Char 7
- You need 12 (Con+Dex) for 2 powertubes in sewers. Dex events happen more often that Con. Int 10 for max % skill points.

There's a certain ending
the Godhood ending
that involves a CON check. So, I would definitely recommend having higher CON. I was able to access everything lore-related as a peaceful Loremaster with a [STR 4] [DEX 5] [CON 7] [PER 8] [INT 10] [CHA 6] build and didn't encounter any issues as a result of having DEX 5.

Question: does 2nd gas mask (in sewers) work for abyss? They look a bit different.

Yes, it works.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Also, i can get power armor in gannezzar and return to well in madoran to get tubes?

Do you need PA to enter the arch? I'm pretty sure you just need Aegis (+eye and powered glove, to activate the arch).

What are the different options for reaching Al-Akia?

You can be an IG and get taken there as part of the first loremaster expedition. You can get sent down to scout it out, taking all the shit in there and read the diaries.

House Daratan Praetor can get there if you fucked Maadoran and convince Antidas that Meru is batshit. You go there to blow it up, but you can have look around down there before you do it.

Then there's a bunch of ways that involve siding with Meru, believing/pretending to believe his gospel, and ensuring no one blows the place.

Merchant Guild people can never get down in to the ruins, but they can go to the surface and learn the location, for god-ending purposes. (Though thinking about it, maybe let everyone in your expedition die in a fight, then get down when it's unguarded? Though the Legatus probably comes up and forces you to leave anyway).

No idea about assassin's or thieves atm, I can see assassin's getting there if you side with Varro (I haven't yet) and have still not done thieves.

Last edited:

Mozg

Arcane
Assassins don't, unless there's some way to do it off the path where you don't kill Darista and side with Hamza in Ganezzar.

Zeriel

Arcane

The Arch uses the Aegis armor from Al-Akia (presumedly made by High Magi Hadad), power armor is purely for combat purposes as far as I know. Also arch is fairly pointless. It opens up no new options, barely gives any reward, just a teensy amount of SP, etc. Coordinates from glove are also mostly useless, are only used by Meru if you are playing a very rare path where Meru doesn't know where Al-Akia is yet. Either way you can't use it on your own.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The Arch uses the Aegis armor from Al-Akia (presumedly made by High Magi Hadad), power armor is purely for combat purposes as far as I know. Also arch is fairly pointless. It opens up no new options, barely gives any reward, just a teensy amount of SP, etc. Coordinates from glove are also mostly useless, are only used by Meru if you are playing a very rare path where Meru doesn't know where Al-Akia is yet. Either way you can't use it on your own.
What's required for the path where Meru doesn't know where Al-Akia is? Also is there anyway to obtain the key to the surgical equipment other than being a loremaster?

Mozg

Arcane
A lot of backgrounds that show up as one of the characters in the starting "murder scene" at the Teron inn (Drifter, Mercenary, Assassin, Thief) can pick it up by passing a 7-8 perception check. There's apparently a way to pick up another copy of it at Harran's Pass from the body of the Legion commander guy there but the only path I know that ends up fighting him doesn't get a chance to loot him, so I dunno.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
A lot of backgrounds that show up as one of the characters in the starting "murder scene" at the Teron inn (Drifter, Mercenary, Assassin, Thief) can pick it up by passing a 7-8 perception check. There's apparently a way to pick up another copy of it at Harran's Pass from the body of the Legion commander guy there but the only path I know that ends up fighting him doesn't get a chance to loot him, so I dunno.

I remember boozing with the Khan and arriving after the battle, I was able to loot his cold corpse for the sphere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom