Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Merging multiple posts

Yay or nay?

• Yay.

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Nay.

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

DraQ

Arcane
^

It would be nice and convenient.
Of course it would have to update post date (or simply make last edit date show and affect searches for new posts).

SoupNazi

No, I get that, I mean... what do you want? Do you want the poster to be easily able to merge them with the press of a button? Or do you want them merged automatically? Or do you want the user to be prompted into an edit form instead of posting form if they enter a second message after their first one?

DraQ

Arcane
Suggestion is dumb. Go die in a fire.
No, I get that, I mean... what do you want? Do you want the poster to be easily able to merge them with the press of a button? Or do you want them merged automatically? Or do you want the user to be prompted into an edit form instead of posting form if they enter a second message after their first one?
I want posts to be merged automatically as long as a post is made by the same user as the last post in thread.
I also want last edit date to have impact on searching for new content, to allow bumpdates.

MMXI

Arcane
This is the worst idea ever. Why? Because you're conveniently looking over some critical cases where this functionality would be outright retarded.

1) Bumping to the next page in the playground.
2) Reserving multiple post spaces at the start of a new major thread.
3) Updating a thread with news and bumping it at the same time.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
He actually covered the last one. As for the first... disable in the playground? We don't really need extra page filler anywhere else. And the second shouldn't be an issue anyways. There's no real benefit to splitting up your intial post to multiple posts.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
i'd prefer edit/delete without any time restraints paired with draconian discouragement of posters lacking in discipline to edit their own posts and doubleposting (or worse) all the time.

Helton

Arcane
He actually covered the last one. As for the first... disable in the playground? We don't really need extra page filler anywhere else. And the second shouldn't be an issue anyways. There's no real benefit to splitting up your intial post to multiple posts.
Can't you link directly to a post, so having a large guide or something split into multiple posts allows for better indexing. Right?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom