Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline MENACE - sci-fi turn-based tactical RPG from Battle Brothers devs

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So what's the point then of a publisher? I mean, it's a digital release. Is it only for PR things? Wonder how much they take for that.

None

Scholar
So what's the point then of a publisher? I mean, it's a digital release. Is it only for PR things? Wonder how much they take for that.
Support, localization, QA/testing, all the secondary and tertiary tasks that most indie devs don't have the skill or time to do.

The publisher is Hooded Horse, who is one of the best in the industry right now based on what they've helped put out. I think they'll be in good hands.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Support, localization, QA/testing, all the secondary and tertiary tasks that most indie devs don't have the skill or time to do.

The publisher is Hooded Horse, who is one of the best in the industry right now based on what they've helped put out. I think they'll be in good hands.
I know who they are, they seem pretty good. They are backing Xenonauts 2 also. About QA/testing, they are going for an early access release, so that should cover that. Localization might be a thing, but it shouldn't be impossible to find volunteer work for that. Think they already did that with BB. I'm mostly just curious about how much they have to give up. I think in the case of Xenonauts 2, they gave all over all PR stuff to them.

None

Scholar

I know who they are, they seem pretty good. They are backing Xenonauts 2 also. About QA/testing, they are going for an early access release, so that should cover that. Localization might be a thing, but it shouldn't be impossible to find volunteer work for that. Think they already did that with BB. I'm mostly just curious about how much they have to give up. I think in the case of Xenonauts 2, they gave all over all PR stuff to them.
From: https://mcvuk.com/business-news/har...bender-and-snow-rui-on-their-indie-publisher/

Bender says there’s no ‘Hollywood accounting’ at Hooded Horse. Standard terms are no recoup and the developer gets 65% of all revenues, with Hooded Horse’s share covering things like localisation and marketing. “Very, very occasionally, a developer might want something where we start out a little higher. If a developer really wants to drive that percentage down, we’ll do an alternative where we take 50% and then after a period we drop down to 30%. Very few developers take that, but a couple of them have been really wanting to drive that extra 5% long term. Most developers just want just no recoup and simple percentages.”

Also, Tim Bender has said they haven't signed a deal where they don't commit to spending a minimum of $100,000 on marketing/PR.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Seeing it infested with the mandatory diversity and stronk whamen somewhat dulls my optimism. Hope it was just a condition to get funding and they will focus on the tactical stuff they did so well in BB.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Just imagine how stressful that kind of combat would be, beyond the usual combat stress. Pretty women that you shower with, now maimed and screaming for dear life on the battlefield.
That's part of why they're not frontline troops, iirc they found that men overly protected the female soldiers.
That, in addition to worse performance. I recall some US experiment when they replaced one fifth of a 400-strong unit with the best women they had and performance dropped 17%.

And for the football lulz, couple years ago the world cup winning US Women's team lost 5:2 to under-15 boys.

thesecret1

Arcane
It's for added difficulty. Right as the going gets tough and you march to an undoubtedly deadly battle, all the women will inform you that they're pregnant and thus taking leave.

thesecret1

Arcane
characters_discord.jpg
What do you mean, there's one such event right here, in the promo art. On the right, shortly after she told her commanding officer immediately prior to deployment.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
There's zero change that they'll write event where one of female squad leaders/pilots gets pregnant.
I think I said it kinda wrong.:shittydog:
sser has admitted writing smut.

What I meant that there probably won't be an event where female officer informs player that she's pregnant and some choice must be made about how to deal with it.

Parabalus

Arcane
What do you mean, there's one such event right here, in the promo art. On the right, shortly after she told her commanding officer immediately prior to deployment.
Seeing it infested with the mandatory diversity and stronk whamen somewhat dulls my optimism. Hope it was just a condition to get funding and they will focus on the tactical stuff they did so well in BB.
There's zero change that they'll write event where one of female squad leaders/pilots gets pregnant.
I think I said it kinda wrong.:shittydog:
sser has admitted writing smut.

What I meant that there probably won't be an event where female officer informs player that she's pregnant and some choice must be made about how to deal with it.
Games-Foerderung-D-Analyse-2021-Web.jpg

They took a million from the gov, the money comes with DEI requirements.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Guys I figured why there is no gonna be inside buildings fighting and why urban combat gonna be limited.
>overlaid view of ruins of Stalingrad
>tired voice of german dev:
>'I fear no alien'
>'but this thing'
>zoom on Pavlov house
>'it scares me'

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
and why urban combat gonna be limited.
Huh? They are making squad-based tactical game and urban combat is going to be limited? Does this mean we'll be fighting in the open plains for most of the time or something?

I am pretty sure what is meant by "limited urban combat" is that there wont be multi-level buildings that you can enter. Urban combat itself is in the game, most of the videos show fighting in urban environment.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
From what I gathered they still discuss if they gonna make buildings enter able or not. Current situation is that infantry can hide behind rubble but all buildings are locked(can be blasted but not entered)>>>limited urban combat.

Beowulf

Arcane
Looks a lot like Ground Control, but instead of upgrading your squads, you'll be upgrading your characters?

agris

Arcane
Patron
and why urban combat gonna be limited.
Huh? They are making squad-based tactical game and urban combat is going to be limited? Does this mean we'll be fighting in the open plains for most of the time or something?

I am pretty sure what is meant by "limited urban combat" is that there wont be multi-level buildings that you can enter. Urban combat itself is in the game, most of the videos show fighting in urban environment.
so what you’re saying is… forest maps with buildings instead of trees?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom