Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ME2 DLCs

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
I'm de RPGMaster

Seolas

Liturgist
All of the playable DLC except the Hammerhead one (which was free on Cerberus network) was impressive as far as DLC goes. Each one had its own feel and atmosphere and didn't come across as recycled junk. Kasumi lets you interact with the world more than most of the main game itself by looking around an art gallery, etc. It is basically espionage until the act is found out, then comes the shoot out.

Overlord is creepy and has a feel of the Matrix to it. The vehicle parts are good and the story is pretty cool.

The best of the lot was the Kasumi/Shadow Broker one. It is pretty long and a bit more expensive than the others but I had a blast with it. There were two boss fights and both were interesting. The revelation of the Shadow Broker was pretty awesome.

Basically, if someone hasn't played ME2 yet and wants to the GOTY edition is worth waiting for as the DLC quests are better than much of the stuff in the main game itself. Played as a full package the addons would make the game feel a fair bit richer. Hopefully Arrival is good.

Nael

Arcane
Jaesun said:
Shadow Broker - TONS moar shootan, you now get an additional "base" to visit with a bunch of more options to choose from (re-spec squad members etc...). Also a flying car mini-game. I liked it. Also the story here is cannon, and will carry over in ME3. Also if you romanced Liara, you can get moar hot blue skinned luvin.

Unmasking the Shadow Broker was extraordinarily derpy in my opinion.

Bioware is like a little kid who is so excited about the shitty drawing he made you for your birthday and can't wait to give it to you. At least the little kid has an excuse for his lack of artistry... He's a little kid. And that kinda shit is cute. For a veteran development studio though? It's fucking retarded.

Fuck Bioware.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
There's no reason to use the masseffectsaves website. Just download the ME2 save editor, start a new game, and then edit the savefile to your liking. Also give yourself 2000000 or so of every mineral so you don't have to do any scanning.

entropy

Novice
Xor said:
There's no reason to use the masseffectsaves website. Just download the ME2 save editor, start a new game, and then edit the savefile to your liking. Also give yourself 2000000 or so of every mineral so you don't have to do any scanning.

Ugh, this. I got so sick of that crap.

meh

Educated
How do I know if the DLC are installed correctly, when do they activate? I've just started playing.

Also, are these uber dragon age armors any better than the normal upgraded armor ever will be?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
meh said:
How do I know if the DLC are installed correctly, when do they activate? I've just started playing.

Also, are these uber dragon age armors any better than the normal upgraded armor ever will be?

Basically as soon as you get onto the normandy, there's going to be a billion emails telling you to go to this and that place for DLC mishs.

The DLC armors are mostly better than the default armor, but most LARPers get butthurt that they can't see their sheps face due to helmet in every cutscene.

Fafnir

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
<3 The Helmets.
Then I don't have to look at the awful and crappy face of Shepard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom