Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ME2 DLCs

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
I'm in need of some XTREME Shepard fix. So I heard the dlcs are pretty good (for what they are). Which are recommended and how difficult it is for me to *acquire* them for my not-removed-from-inventory copy?

Kasumi
Shadow Broker
Zaeed

The DLC is pretty easy to pirate. It just installs when you click on the exe and after you just click the giveme2entitlements thing that usually comes with the DLC.

sick

Educated
overlord is quite nice too, while firewalker pack is utter shit, dont even think of getting it.

hoverdog

Developer
Now I've read about the new upcoming Arrival dlc. I think I'll wait those three days (as I hope there won't be any delay).

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
My quick mini-review:

Zaeed - ok Loyalty mission, you get a new heavy weapon. Also he can be handy in a number of side and loyalty missions with his squad based ammo skill.

Kasumi - You get a new piece of clothing to wear on the Normandy (male and female), I thought her loyalty mission was fun in an almost adventure game like way, then tons of moar shootan. You get a WAY fucking overpowered gun.

Shadow Broker - TONS moar shootan, you now get an additional "base" to visit with a bunch of more options to choose from (re-spec squad members etc...). Also a flying car mini-game. I liked it. Also the story here is cannon, and will carry over in ME3. Also if you romanced Liara, you can get moar hot blue skinned luvin.

Hammerhead/Firewalker - Adds a new flying vehicle, and 4 missions to use it in. More of an explore area with new ship and fight with it. I found it fun. Your mileage may vary..

Overlord - THE GOD DAMNED GETH CANNON MADE ME RAGE!!! It's more of a long ground + Hammerhead mission. And let's you see more work Cerberus is working on. Giant boss battle at end. Was enjoyable.

racofer

Thread Incliner
hoverdog said:
I'm in need of some XTREME Shepard fix. So I heard the dlcs are pretty good (for what they are). Which are recommended and how difficult it is for me to *acquire* them for my not-removed-from-inventory copy?

Easy as eating cake.

Do you want a list to all DLCs directly from Bioware's FTP?

:smug:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Stealing. Stealing is evil? Why be evil? I thoguht RPGCodex was prestigious? Prestigious people don't need to steal.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Shadow Broker > Kasumi > Overlord. Those are good for what they are. The rest go from meh to bleh.

hoverdog

Developer
Volourn said:
Stealing. Stealing is evil? Why be evil? I thoguht RPGCodex was prestigious? Prestigious people don't need to steal.
RPGCodex is prestigious, and yet somehow we have you.

R00fles!

Jaesun said:
Kasumi - You get a WAY fucking overpowered gun.

Yeah, that was somewhat surprisingly overpowered. Absurdly accurate and strong SMG, makes assault rifle training for the classes that don't have it completely obsolete. The only ME2 DLC that made me think "lol pay for twinked out phat l00t items".

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"RPGCodex is prestigious, and yet somehow we have you."

There was a reason why I was promoted to Princess - i always get what I want. So, be a good little pauper and understand your station is to get butthurt over every post i make and cry about it to your mommy.

Deleted member 7219

Best by far is Shadow Broker. Varied gameplay, and though some will call me a faggot for saying this, great dialogue at the end with Liara. She was pretty much the most important sidekick in ME1 and she was sadly missed in ME2. You could meet her and do a quest for her but that was it. In this, she is much better utilised.

Kasumi adds a new character but it isn't that great. Just a lot of shooter gameplay. The start seems like it could be pretty good, you're basically invited a rich guy's party and you need to get into a secret vault. You think it could end up being like Hitman: Blood Money, but sadly not.

Project Overlord is a good piece of action filler, and there's a nice choice at the end. Remains to be seen whether this will have any effect in ME3.

Also, be sure to get the Zaeed: Price of Revenge thing. I enjoyed it, you can decide how it ends and the character himself is one of the funniest and most likeable out of all of them in ME2.

hoverdog

Developer
one more thing - is it possible to roll with a new character yet retain all the little gimmicks like he was imported from the first game? Because I cannot be arsed to download it, let alone play it.

hoverdog

Developer
What I mean is, when you import a character from ME1 to ME2 you (probably) have some minor changes/additions/fluff compared to a 'new' hero. is it possible to have them without having to complete the first game?

ninja'd

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
hoverdog said:
What I mean is, when you import a character from ME1 to ME2 you (probably) have some minor changes/additions/fluff compared to a 'new' hero. is it possible to have them without having to complete the first game?

No. Click on FH link above. If you start ME2 with NO imported save, you get all the bad options (council killed etc...). DL one of those saves above (and find which one has the options you like), and just import it, alter the face to your liking and you are good to go.

RPGMaster

Savant
A 30 hour Shadow Broker is what ME2 should have been.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom