Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Maybe Fallout 3 will get slammed by reviews?

Imbecile

Arbiter
I'm anticipating reviews that say "woooo amazing free world RPG elements carried over from Oblivion, let down by clunky combat - 85.7%"

Grifman

Liturgist
DiverNB said:
The reviews will come in with modest scores of 7.5-8.5, and maybe finally someone will wake the fuck up and add some depth to their games.

Agree, disagree? Why?

The game isn't out yet and you're already predicting low scores?

Are you any different than those slobbering positively over the game, except you're slobbering negatively over it? No one has seen the full game so it seems as premature to say the game sucks as to say it's a classic.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Grifman said:
DiverNB said:
The reviews will come in with modest scores of 7.5-8.5, and maybe finally someone will wake the fuck up and add some depth to their games.

Agree, disagree? Why?

Are you any different than those slobbering positively over the game, except you're slobbering negatively over it? No one has seen the full game so it seems as premature to say the game sucks as to say it's a classic.
The parts shown thus far, Bethesda's track record and the information point out to major suckage.

Inziladun

Magister
Grifman said:
DiverNB said:

Agree, disagree? Why?

When's a more appropriate time to predict low scores? When a game's already out and every major magazine/site already reviewed it?

fastpunk

Arbiter
Vaarna_Aarne said:
The parts shown thus far, Bethesda's track record and the information point out to major suckage.

Bullshit! You have to play it at least 100 hours before you can make any sort of judgment on the game. And if after 100 hours you still don't like it then it's obvious you are lying and actually like and are just bitch about it for the sake of bitching.

Vaarna_Aarne

fastpunk said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:

Bullshit! You have to play it at least 100 hours before you can make any sort of judgment on the game. And if after 100 hours you still don't like it then it's obvious you are lying and actually like and are just bitch about it for the sake of bitching.
Actually the sad part is that I did play Oblivion over a 100 hours (main quest, knights of the nine, SI and so on)... It was the only game I had to take shots with me to play it for long periods.

What you have to go through to be able to say that you did complete something... I hate myself.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Actually the sad part is that I did play Oblivion over a 100 hours (main quest, knights of the nine, SI and so on)...

The fuck did you do that for? Punishing yourself for some big fuck up or something? :lol:

Vaarna_Aarne

fastpunk said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Actually the sad part is that I did play Oblivion over a 100 hours (main quest, knights of the nine, SI and so on)...

The fuck did you do that for? Punishing yourself for some big fuck up or something? :lol:
Curiosity. I *really* tried to see if there was anything good about the game. By the ending of Shivering Isles I was fed up and traded the game in.

Radisshu

Prophet
Jaime Lannister said:
Radisshu said:
Important to the plot, yes, but there are tons of NPCs with lots of dialouge that are vital to the ambiance that probably would have had much less to say if they had used voice acting for every line. I saw a radscorpion the other day.

Is pretty much what some meaningless Shady Sands NPC tells you, and you have to bring him a scorpion tail to heal his wife.

Take off your rose-tinted glasses, for fuck's sake.

Of course there are bound to be a few bland conversations, but the fact remains that most of the NPCs of fallout (1 and 2) were voiceless, and most of the dialouge was unacted.

DiverNB

Liturgist
Grifman said:
DiverNB said:

Agree, disagree? Why?

Since when was a 7.5 low? That's an average game, more pointed towards the good side.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom