Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Matt Barton's Crowdfunding Campaign on Patreon

Johannes

Arcane
Guess he still has some traumas about that schoolyard bullying, reacting so strongly to this. As if people small talking about his show, his blog or his face were somehow out to get him.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Yes. It is quite surprising that he takes so much at heart his school bullying, but who are we to judge ? We all have things we do today because of something in our past that could be heartily laughed at if the rest of the Internet had any idea about them.

I have not given anything to Matt, but I probably will at some point only if to make sure he goes on making his videos. Whether you like it or not, whether you can allow the hour it takes to go through an interview (I do, always with great pleasure), you can only admit that what he's doing is pretty much unique and yes, I dare say, historically relevant. Nobody else is doing that. Some of these people are in their 50s or 60s. If in the next 20 years or so, all we get are the likes of AngryJoe and herp-derps reviewers, a lot of these memories will be gone as a lot of those developpers pass away.

When you are starting to consider that video games are an art form, or at least, culturally relevant, then it makes his videos relevant. I would not say that if lots of people were doing the same and if Matts videos were just another youtube in the crowd. But as it is right now, it is not. And it doesn't look like a lot of people are willing to do like him. Sure, you have some blogs like the Digital Antiquarian, but these are not live interviews of people who mattered. And yes, that is a big difference.

rK2m10H.gif

Matt is a character, it feels sort of nice to know that he exists and does his thing but I won't ever support him for the lazy, illiterate and ignorant way he delves into a lot of old games with outrageous oversights and making factually inaccurate and flawed "evaluations" and most of the time doesn't practice any humility to acknowledge and correct his mistakes, to the point of going into a vain self-defense mode. If only he could be a little more professional and a little more through before he stamped on a game with his boots of ignorance and then ask for money for doing that.

I might have if I lived in or visited the States to try out some of the beers he reviewed. I really want to try some of those flavours.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Please tell us more about those important innacuracies and how it makes his work irrelevant.

Johannes

Arcane
It doesn't make his work irrelevant but it's pretty obvious he's not the most thorough or charismatic journalist out there.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I have read his article and realize he must be traumatized from school bullying, and really unpleasant shit. Better just leave him alone, to me it's obvious that he is not doing this to make tons of money, just for some sort of idealism. Suggestions about changing his look are not going to help either. Just leave him alone. He's not doing any harm and his interests are absolutely ok.

GrimoireFTW

Learned
He might want to change his look as well.

but I like his look. I was able to tell right off the bat after seeing 1 photograph that hes a liberal hippie Obama voter. Before I read that hes a English professor, constitution hater (read his angry rants about free speech on twitter.) and saw just what a whiny little bitch he is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom