Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Jesus, Ive heard better voice acting in Skyrim/FalloutNV mods.

[

:abyssgazer:
Well... we know where Bioware's priorities were when making this train wreck.

That chick looks like Camereon Diaz if she put on the mask.

Nice thick thighs and good ass, let down by being a vapid shill with nothing worthwhile to say, bad posture, odd hunched shoulders and small deformed saggy overmilked tits...

...I'm talking about Mike Gamble.

I had forgotten about that movie actually. But that line is almost verbatim in The Dark Bane movie.

I know, I was going to say she looked like Cameron Diaz on steriods to avoid such a tragically foreseeable and dramatic saga from occuring... But she does look exactly what Cameron diaz would look like if she put on the Mask in that movie, as it gives you a big chin big shoulders and makes you look like a cartoon version of yourself.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
I knew going to IGN this morning was a good idea:

RbKmbGy.png

600 hundred years from now and he hopes for a good electric car (besides the alien banging)... What happened to faster than light travel, colonisation of distant worlds, elimination of poverty or even time travel cliches. That's the problem with the world right there. Maggots with vision the size of a fly's turd managing huge assets.

For those things you require imagination and I don't that is one of Bioware's biggest resources. They probably buy that from others.

I thought the chick was the producer.

Nah it's that fat fuck, white washed beardless angry joe beta creep that she's talking to, who one minute says he hopes that racism and sexism is eradicated in the future to reel her in and then says he wants to rape space lizards the next.

Good space sex....

724.jpg

Amazon-Women-on-the-Moon-1987-2.jpg

Bioware space sex...

male_shepard_x__garrus_by_a_zeldafan95-d36a8wg.jpg

tumblr_inline_nr5df48jRv1rzmvha_540.jpg

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Meanwhile, RPS are trying to smoothen the angle of the U-turn. They've published an article in "Have you played..." where they suddenly discover that DA:I had awfully repetitive gameplay. They casually give us an explanation how this thought occured, saying that DAI is somehow "Back in the spotlight recently, due to Bioware’s latest game, Mass Effect Andromeda". Oh, wow, thanks for giving me your alibi for mentioning a two and a half years old game, in order to revise your opinion. Now it doesn't seem awkward any more.

If one has the curiosity and perseverance to scroll back to their review from 2014, it begins with the words "Dragon Age: Inquisition may be my favorite game this year". Apparently gameplay wasn't so repetitive when shilling at release was paying your bills. How pathetic.

This is the best deal, the game itself on exclusive playthroughs looks awful, now everyone else is playing the first part it's going to be glitch city, with plenty more bugs and memes to spam. Why the hell did Bioware pre release a demo In this state? Is it because the game is so bad they needed to do it to aviod the backlash and everyone asking for refunds after an hour? What are the Biodrones going to say next to defend it? The game is shit but the multiplayer is good. Are they going to make storyfag biodrones into Esports online fanboys overnight?

Anyhow I'm going to have a real look though a couple of lets play sections to find the silver bullet to kill this monster once and for all...

pippin

I had forgotten about that movie actually. But that line is almost verbatim in The Dark Bane movie.

I know, I was going to say she looked like Cameron Diaz on steriods to avoid such a tragically foreseeable and dramatic saga from occuring... But she does look exactly what Cameron diaz would look like if she put on the Mask in that movie, as it gives you a big chin big shoulders and makes you look like a cartoon version of yourself.

So you'd say she's a big girl... for you?

pippin

Actually IIRC originally it was mentioned as evolution - new individuals developed partial immunity. I guess they just retconned it into mutation to slightly better fit the cryo sleep premise.

Yes, but then Mordin Solus developed the Genophage 2.0 that rendered that partial immunity basically null.

Mordin is the shit. The only character arc in ME3 really worth observing, because that is the only character defined by own accomplishments and having his story detached from player in a meaningful way.. instead of "Shepard halp!" all the time.

Basic writing is "the shit" now?

I wouldn't consider his story arc "basic writing", that would be something just passable. Mordin was competent writing (+ good VA actor).
And yes, competent writing will always be the shit. Especially as it becomes less common every year. And especially if it is a piece of competent writing in a game full of basic writing - giving a strong contrast.

I was mostly talking about the personal motivation and three act structure as basic writing, but I do agree, it's really difficult to get basic writing done right because everyone wants to be *deep*.

Just fuck my stocks up:D That's 2% down in two days so far

This is where affirmative action and SJW pandering gets you. Please tell your shareholders to check their privilege EA when they complain about losing money:lol:

Juststocks.jpg

juststocks2.jpg

pippin

Julian Gollop taking the piss:

:hero:

This is hilarious, for shame that the post i submitted with this to r/gaming was removed, but the r/masseffect one wasn't... let's see if someone screeches that he is a has been and knows nothing about games. :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/5zy9da/mea_no_spoilers_legendary_game_developer_julian/

That's pretty hardcore, man. Then again, nothing will ever be as cheesy 90's greatness as the intro for the first X-COM game.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
To clarify, game we all are bashing IS THE PATCHED version. Release won't be better, despite my hopes.
If pirates would remove copy protection within a month, you'd be able to play patched version without any hassles. Yea it must suck for these legal buyers. They pay for it and all these bugs. At least it doesn't crash every half hour.

raesha

Educated
Goddamit even the soundtrack is utterly forgettable. There is absolutely no silver lining in this worthless piece of shit game.
For a third person shooter in the gears of war clone style, the one thing that'd be the silver lining is that it actually works pretty decently as a console third person shooter, even if its a poor rpg.

That's about the one thing I can still see this game reviewing with as a pro in bigger publications.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom