Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
just1.jpg

just.jpg

MY MOM IS GONNA FREAK

Holy shitfuck, that hair looks like 2D bitmap somebody just photoshopped on the model.

We're experiencing hopw roewur ne inflation.

It has begun.

RPGMasterLvl2

Novice
The eyes are unbelievably terrible. I can't look at anything else on screen but them. Looks like a a 5 year old made them out of paper mache. And why are they constantly pulsing?

AugustThrowaway

Barely Literate

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
The "standard" Shep in ME1 looks like a Neanderthal orangutan ape. I'll take a potato female Shep over that shit anytime. Though in all honesty ME1 female Shepard looks just fine, and not like a monkey.

Revenant

It's not the protagonist models that should be criticised as much, IMO, as they can be modified by players. The main gripe with MAE is that NPCs models look fucking atrocious, while in ME1-3 they looked completely acceptable. How does an AAA studio even forget how to model NPCs?

sullynathan

Arcane
It's not the protagonist models that should be criticised as much, IMO, as they can be modified by players. The main gripe with MAE is that NPCs models look fucking atrocious, while in ME1-3 they looked completely acceptable. How does an AAA studio even forget how to model NPCs?
It's really odd. They're using frostbite for the 2nd time and the battlefield series and other frostbite games didn't have models this weird.

Revenant

The eyes are unbelievably terrible. I can't look at anything else on screen but them. Looks like a a 5 year old made them out of paper mache. And why are they constantly pulsing?
Well remember when I said about Undertail "this game is Satanic"? This is Satanic v 2.0. Look at your future, last men. LOOK AT IT. There is nothing left

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
I've watched this and I didn't see any major bugs, everything looks good from technical point (well, game as it is. Facial animations are still bad, although voice acting doesn't sound bad, rather average). If you wanna watch something without annoying commentary, you can watch:

You have got to be high or something the game looks terrible and all the characters walk stooped over and shuffle around like retired crippled old industrail age miners. Check out this next clip for maximum emotional engagement!!!

I've started the clip from the relevant point.

Watch till 14.21.

Those reactions

200x200px-ZC-027d330f_Charlie-Murphy-Laughing-Chappelles-Show-Prince.gif

How the hell can you release a game in this state, was Tommy Wiseau directing the animations and voice acting or something?

O hai salacious,

I had nothing to do with this travesty

Love,

Tommy.

Hellion

Arcane
Alt-Ryder's face when she says "my father's dead, he made me his successor" in the trailer:

e1ab5f11961c41eeaf3a3f8b0c16207f.png

Making a face like that when announcing your father's death, not suspicious at all. You totally didn't kill him.

The Deep One is sooo onto you:

940e6b518ce04ecc99b407d31d88b68e.png

Padzi

Arbiter
Alt-Ryder's face when she says "my father's dead, he made me his successor" in the trailer:

e1ab5f11961c41eeaf3a3f8b0c16207f.png

Making a face like that when announcing your father's death, not suspicious at all. You totally didn't kill him.

This is the face that says, Yeah my father is dead and I'm happy about it. I had to suffer this asshole for 22 years on Earth and I had nightmares of him for another 600+. I am going to play it cool.

I said that the character creator reminds me of the one from Oblivion. And now after looking at the gampley I'm sure that it is Oblivion syndrome but done in Frostbite.
Besides, does't Lexi look terrible. And of course she's unfuckable.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I've watched this and I didn't see any major bugs, everything looks good from technical point (well, game as it is. Facial animations are still bad, although voice acting doesn't sound bad, rather average). If you wanna watch something without annoying commentary, you can watch:

You have got to be high or something the game looks terrible and all the characters walk stooped over and shuffle around like retired crippled old industrail age miners. Check out this next clip for maximum emotional engagement!!!

I've started the clip from the relevant point.

Watch till 14.21.

Those reactions

200x200px-ZC-027d330f_Charlie-Murphy-Laughing-Chappelles-Show-Prince.gif

How the hell can you release a game in this state, was Tommy Wiseau directing the animations and voice acting or something?

Holly shit,I don't think I have heard such bad voice acting in a AAA game in the last 10 years or so,they sound like completely soulless,which is fitting of course if you look at those facial animations,just:prosper:

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's like the studio is made up of nothing but the people who wrote the illusive man and kai leng and the ME3 ending along with some SJW webcomic "artists" and no coders or anything after the rest of the crew jumped ship mid-development or something. These guys are so incompetent, they've got to be high all day.
What's so bad with the Illusive Man to make you list him with Kai Leng? I thought he was a pretty good character until the ME3 ending.

Revenant

I really don't get it how people can't see the obvious decline. ME1-3 characters looked like human/alien whatever species. MEA characters look like soulless husks possessed by the cosmic evils

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom