Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect 3

racofer

Thread Incliner
The EA Store has added a pre-order listing for Mass Effect 3 for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. The listing includes a description that notes the "Earth is burning" and Commander Shepard (that's you!) has to gather the races of the galaxy to launch "one final mission" against machines striking from beyond known space.

WHAT DID I FUCKING SAY1?!?

so0osm.jpg

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
racofer said:
The EA Store has added a pre-order listing for Mass Effect 3 for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. The listing includes a description that notes the "Earth is burning" and Commander Shepard (that's you!) has to gather the races of the galaxy to launch "one final mission" against machines striking from beyond known space.

so0osm.jpg
:thumbsup:

racofer

Thread Incliner
Oh man this is fucking awesome.

At the same week I make the plot for ME3 they release info on the game which is exactly like what I came up with.

I've officially influenced ME3's plot development.

Project: Eternity
Although, wait.

"Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth."

Take back *the Earth*? The fucking Reapers are supposed to wipe out all life in the galaxy, how would a single planet even matter? Do the Reapers send one of their own alone to take on entire planets?

racofer

Thread Incliner
Freelance Henchman said:
Take back *the Earth*? The fucking Reapers are supposed to wipe out all life in the galaxy, how would a single planet even matter? Do the Reapers send one of their own alone to take on entire planets?

Earth is at the center of the galaxy, it's only logical to use it as a base of operations to conquer the rest of the milky way.

racofer said:

so0osm.jpg
:salute:

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
One thing that bothers me about the Mass Erect series is that it seems like they didn't plan it to be trilogy at all.
At least not from a plot standpoint, economically they probably did.

And you're dead wrong. It is 3 reapers, not one.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Freelance Henchman said:
I'm getting visions of Shepard fighting a giant skeletal Terminator climbing the Empire State building in New York holding Tali in one hand, King Kong style.

:lol:

Jack said:
One thing that bothers me about the Mass Erect series is that it seems like they didn't plan it to be trilogy at all.
At least not from a plot standpoint, economically they probably did.

And you're dead wrong. It is 3 reapers, not one.

The Shepard portion of ME is. Don't see a problem doing a new story arc.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
racofer... predicting Bioware plot is like predicting that the milk from your carton is white. Even a fucking BLIND MAN would know what would happen.

Oh, and the Earth thing? Dumb.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Nah you got it the wrong way round. They announced the plot after reading racofer's thread BECAUSE they read racofer's thread. Up until that point they did not know what the plot would be :smug:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
racofer said:
Freelance Henchman said:

Earth is at the center of the galaxy, it's only logical to use it as a base of operations to conquer the rest of the milky way.
Fuck that, everyone knows Earth is the center of multiverse and Oa is the center of the universe.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
racofer said:

Just what everyone and his dog on the Bio forums have been saying since ME2 was released, I guess. :smug:

Which doesn't make your take on it any less great, though.

Freelance Henchman said:
Monocause said:
Freelance Henchman said:
this better have an option to spend some time on a beach sunbathing with tali

There is something you should see, in front of the dinosaur.

FINE ILL COME WITH YOU AND WALK AROUND IN THE DARK POST-APOC WASTELAND STRANGER IVE KNOWN FOR HALF A DAY I MEAN SERIOUSLY THIS ISNT SUSPICIOUS AT ALL

But the dinosaur is a watchtower right next to the town's entrance, with a guard on it 24/7.

Even I'm not that paranoid, and I live in thirdworldia

Silellak

Cipher
Not sure what's so bad about the "Earth thing". ME2 made it clear that humans had the Reapers' attention, especially after the end of the game. If the Reapers view the humans as their biggest threat, then why not start their invasion by taking down their homeworld? You have to start somewhere.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Silellak said:
Not sure what's so bad about the "Earth thing". ME2 made it clear that humans had the Reapers' attention, especially after the end of the game. If the Reapers view the humans as their biggest threat, then why not start their invasion by taking down their homeworld? You have to start somewhere.

Because taking over the citadel would render all Mass Relays inoperable throughout the galaxy as it was said in the first game, hence making everyone easy prey afterwards?

It's not like en entire fleet of Reapers couldn't rush that small point in space to easily achieve that, but instead they take a completely illogical approach of attacking Earth which will result in absolutely nothing?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom